After Winning SB 34, Was it Stupid to Trade Warner?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I always thought Kurt Warner was special and the Rams were beyond stupid to trade him after we won sb 34.

I believe we would have won SB 36 if not for the holding being allowed in that game not to mention the cheating.

I believe Kurt would have been our franchise QB for many more years. Bulger was ok but I believe we would have been in the SB that year instead of Carolina if Warner was our man.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Hindsight is 20/20.

I always loved Warner, but in 2002 his QB rating plummeted to 64.7.

Then in the opener of 2003 he fumbled six--six!-- times. His hand was totally messed up, he couldn't grip the ball properly.

Warner in 2002: started just 6 games, had 3 TD's and 11 INT's. Warner in 2003 was only the starter for that one awful game.

After the Rams released him following the 2003 season, Warner had a few up-and-down seasons from 2004 to 2007, when he had his share of injuries. He didn't take the Cards to the SB until 2008.

So yeah, looking back, I sure as heck couldn't have foreseen that the beat-up Warner of 2003 would eventually revive his stellar career five years later.

Can't wait to see his movie, BTW!

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

they didn't trade him.

martz cut him. but only after every team was set at qb. and this after he spent a year character assassinating him through his lapdog bernie.

martz was a real piece of work. and by that i mean he was a petty cocksucker.

Psycho_X

Legend
what year is it GIF

Tano

Legend
Hindsight is 20/20.

I always loved Warner, but in 2002 his QB rating plummeted to 64.7.

Then in the opener of 2003 he fumbled six--six!-- times. His hand was totally messed up, he couldn't grip the ball properly.

Warner in 2002: started just 6 games, had 3 TD's and 11 INT's. Warner in 2003 was only the starter for that one awful game.

After the Rams released him following the 2003 season, Warner had a few up-and-down seasons from 2004 to 2007, when he had his share of injuries. He didn't take the Cards to the SB until 2008.

So yeah, looking back, I sure as heck couldn't have foreseen that the beat-up Warner of 2003 would eventually revive his stellar career five years later.

Can't wait to see his movie, BTW!
It wasn't until they developed a glove so he could grip the ball again that he started to throw like his old self.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
I wish Vermeil wouldn't have retired (or, was he forced out?) ....I think he could have kept the coaches Vs front office in line so all the in fighting and backstabbing wouldn't have destroyed possibly winning another Super Bowl or two...but as Loyal said above...this topic was worn out years ago...

jap

Legend
The I wish Vermeil wouldn't have retired (or, was he forced out?) ....I think he could have kept the coaches Vs front office in line so all the in fighting and backstabbing wouldn't have destroyed possibly winning another Super Bowl or two...but as Loyal said above...this topic was worn out years ago...
He was forced out. After winning the SB, Mike Martz was the hottest head coaching prospect in the entire NFL, despite his inexperience. The Horns brass was afraid of losing their suddenly popular offensive coordinator; so they pressured Dickie V into retirement so they could promote Mad Mike.

Tano

Legend
He was forced out. After winning the SB, Mike Martz was the hottest head coaching prospect in the entire NFL, despite his inexperience. The Horns brass was afraid of losing their suddenly popular offensive coordinator; so they pressured Dickie V into retirement so they could promote Mad Mike.
Another wonderful Georgia move on her part

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It was stupid of Martz to ruin Warner and get him killed after teams adjusted to his offense, thereby ruining possibly the best QB in franchise history.