After 21 years (my whole life) I am going to see the Rams play a home game!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Hey guys, sorry I have been so busy with everything and have barely been able to post articles on here or even take part in a discussion. I have been working on setting up special guests on the podcasts, working full time at my day job, ramping up the website content and yada yada. However, the reason I mainly have died down or burned out or however you want to call it is because I literally just spent about a month planning a "kind of sort of" last second trip in September to fly to Vegas and Los Angeles from Albany, NY and of course see the Rams play the Redskins week two of the NFL season. Anyway, lets cut to the chase. I will be going down to L.A. and I can't wait to see the Rams play at home, but also I am hoping to meet up with as many people as I can. I hear lot 2 is the place to be so I am planning on going there with my father. If any of you want to meet up please feel free to let me know! This is going to be special and I honestly can't wait for this. I will be going down there to promote my Downtown Rams brand and meet some of my networks I have established, but also I want to go down there to have some fun. So please let me know if you are going to the game and I will do my best to meet up with you!

UtahRam

Rookie
Have fun! I'd like to go to a game in LA this year but it will have to be later in the season as sitting in the Coliseum with a bunch of drunks in 90 degree weather is not my idea of a good time. I went to the opener in San Fran last year, Monday night game, $150 for ticket, $50 for parking, 28-0 loss...LOL If the season starts to go sour again I'll probably do what I did the rest of last year and watch them at home.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have fun! I'd like to go to a game in LA this year but it will have to be later in the season as sitting in the Coliseum with a bunch of drunks in 90 degree weather is not my idea of a good time. I went to the opener in San Fran last year, Monday night game, $150 for ticket, $50 for parking, 28-0 loss...LOL If the season starts to go sour again I'll probably do what I did the rest of last year and watch them at home.
Haha thats fair enough! Thank you! I am looking forward to it. I have to start getting used to flying as I will be flying in January to cover the Senior Bowl and flying to LA will be my first time flying since I was 4.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Sounds good, man. If I end up going, I will let you know. The 'skins game is definitely one of the games I had my eye on attending.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have fun Jake..1st Ram's home game is special, AND it's the Coliseum.

TexasRam

Legend
Jake,
You literally bust me up how driven you are and successful at such a young age, and polite. I am doing pretty well for myself now at 46 but at 21 I was a beach bump taking a few college classes on the side.

So tell us, how does someone become so laser focused at 21 years of age? Are your parents to credit or did you come out of the womb ready to kick some butt? :)

I have a 12 year old and am wondering how to turn him into a Jake!

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Sounds good, man. If I end up going, I will let you know. The 'skins game is definitely one of the games I had my eye on attending.
Awesome! Definitely, let me know!

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Jake,
You literally bust me up how driven you are and successful at such a young age, and polite. I am doing pretty well for myself now at 46 but at 21 I was a beach bump taking a few college classes on the side.

So tell us, how does someone become so laser focused at 21 years of age? Are your parents to credit or did you come out of the womb ready to kick some butt? :)

I have a 12 year old and am wondering how to turn him into a Jake!
Hahaha thank you so much! Basically it's a combination of the fact I've been into sports like as soon as I was born practically and I have two loving parents that have supported me every step of the way with my decision to drop out of college and go work full time and this and now the trip to LA. Mainly one thing to know about me is while many play Madden games for the game itself, I can tell you that I honestly spend way more time with the rosters and franchise building than I do with any element in that said video game. I don't know I'm just different, while people shout at the tv and whatnot, I like to delve into game film and further dissect the play, I just think my passion has always been sports. It goes past just football. It's ridiculous how many stats I have embedded in my memory. I have certain stats like Sam Bradford's season by season stats, the 2009 Yankees team and each player's batting average. Just crazy stuff that isn't normal haha. But I am honored that you view me in that way. My biggest advice for your 12 year old is once you have something you are passionate in. Figure out a way to maximize it. I always loved sports, but until I was like 16 I always thought I could play in the MLB, I realized that wasn't the case so I started getting into Sports Management and wanting to be a GM. Unfortunately I will never be a GM in the NFL since I refuse to go to college for all the required stuff I would have to take. However, I was always good at writing and I decided to try it and I love it and now I have branched out into podcasting. I have not one regret, but the fact I wish I started sooner haha.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i have one item on the bucket list scratched and thats see the rams live (twice now) ... now ive amended it is to see them at Home in LA ill wait for the new stadium coz i figure TV wont do that baby justice

TexasRam

Legend
Hahaha thank you so much! Basically it's a combination of the fact I've been into sports like as soon as I was born practically and I have two loving parents that have supported me every step of the way with my decision to drop out of college and go work full time and this and now the trip to LA. Mainly one thing to know about me is while many play Madden games for the game itself, I can tell you that I honestly spend way more time with the rosters and franchise building than I do with any element in that said video game. I don't know I'm just different, while people shout at the tv and whatnot, I like to delve into game film and further dissect the play, I just think my passion has always been sports. It goes past just football. It's ridiculous how many stats I have embedded in my memory. I have certain stats like Sam Bradford's season by season stats, the 2009 Yankees team and each player's batting average. Just crazy stuff that isn't normal haha. But I am honored that you view me in that way. My biggest advice for your 12 year old is once you have something you are passionate in. Figure out a way to maximize it. I always loved sports, but until I was like 16 I always thought I could play in the MLB, I realized that wasn't the case so I started getting into Sports Management and wanting to be a GM. Unfortunately I will never be a GM in the NFL since I refuse to go to college for all the required stuff I would have to take. However, I was always good at writing and I decided to try it and I love it and now I have branched out into podcasting. I have not one regret, but the fact I wish I started sooner haha.

That's pretty cool. I've always been fanatical with sports (Rams and dodgers) as well and stats to an extent but never saw it as a field I could make money in.

Where did you pickup the skills to run your own site and what skills does it require. Assuming you learned some Php and JavaScript?

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
i have one item on the bucket list scratched and thats see the rams live (twice now) ... now ive amended it is to see them at Home in LA ill wait for the new stadium coz i figure TV wont do that baby justice

We should do a UK Rams trip...........

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Hey guys, sorry I have been so busy with everything and have barely been able to post articles on here or even take part in a discussion. I have been working on setting up special guests on the podcasts, working full time at my day job, ramping up the website content and yada yada. However, the reason I mainly have died down or burned out or however you want to call it is because I literally just spent about a month planning a "kind of sort of" last second trip in September to fly to Vegas and Los Angeles from Albany, NY and of course see the Rams play the Redskins week two of the NFL season. Anyway, lets cut to the chase. I will be going down to L.A. and I can't wait to see the Rams play at home, but also I am hoping to meet up with as many people as I can. I hear lot 2 is the place to be so I am planning on going there with my father. If any of you want to meet up please feel free to let me know! This is going to be special and I honestly can't wait for this. I will be going down there to promote my Downtown Rams brand and meet some of my networks I have established, but also I want to go down there to have some fun. So please let me know if you are going to the game and I will do my best to meet up with you!

I'm still waiting for my opportunity to go watch the Rams - one day I'll make it!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I went to the opener in San Fran last year, Monday night game, $150 for ticket, $50 for parking, 28-0 loss...LOL .
FisherBucket.gif

Big Game

Living The Dream

Nice Jake, i fly into Vegas and drive up to LA for the games as well. i'm going to the home opener this year vs Indy. Already got my flight, tickets, and rooming. Can't wait, and with the suggestions of others last year when i went to the game. I park at the Metro and take that into the stadium. Also make sure you bring some cash with you on game day. The vendors outside the stadium selling the bacon wrapped hot dogs are a must have!!! Enjoy your trip i'm looking forward to mine.

Go Rams!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's on my bucket list to see the Rams play in the Coliseum and I've been given that chance due to the move back to LA but it just won't happen this year. Jake, you need to post this in the ROD Events section so people can sign up and y'all can plan from there. It works the best to keep all responses and contacts in one place and that works well. Hope you get a big group going and y'all have a blast!!!!!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's on my bucket list to see the Rams play in the Coliseum and I've been given that chance due to the move back to LA but it just won't happen this year. Jake, you need to post this in the ROD Events section so people can sign up and y'all can plan from there. It works the best to keep all responses and contacts in one place and that works well. Hope you get a big group going and y'all have a blast!!!!!
Yeah, I wanted to go out there this year but am going to Europe instead (first time since '82).

Next year, for sure!