Adrian Peterson placed on injured reserve

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-placing-adrian-peterson-on-injured-reserve/

Cardinals placing Adrian Peterson on injured reserve
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on December 14, 2017,

862174060-e1513309862947.jpg

Getty Images

Adrian Peterson‘s season is over.

The Arizona Cardinals are placing the former All-Pro running back on injured reserve due to a neck injury, per multiple reports.

Peterson has missed the Cardinals’ last two games due to injury, which occurred in a Week 12 game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians had said on Tuesday he had “no idea” whether Peterson would play again this season. The team apparently determined in the ensuing two days that he would not be able to get back on the field before the season ends.

Peterson has 448 yards and two touchdowns on 129 carries in six games since the trade that sent him from New Orleans to Arizona in mid-October. He had gained just 81 yards on 27 carries in four games with the Saints before being dealt.

The move could potentially mark the end of Peterson’s incredibly productive career. He’s rushed for 12,276 yards with 99 rushing touchdowns, and 2,015 receiving yards on 252 receptions during his 11 seasons with the Minnesota Vikings, Saints and Cardinals.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I think this ends a great career . He has been the best running back of my lifetime, and I loved watching him play.

They always compare running backs to AP but I am still yet to see someone With that size and speed combo.

Gurey is close but AP had Olympic speed and no one ever caught him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think this ends a great career . He has been the best running back of my lifetime, and I loved watching him play.

They always compare running backs to AP but I am still yet to see someone With that size and speed combo.

Dickerson.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I haven't feared Peterson in a long while, to be honest.

Can he still play? Yes.

Is he a top RB anymore? No.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Is he a top RB anymore? No.

I'm not even sure if he is a starting quality back anymore. He had one big game in his first outing with the Cardinals but other than that he wasn't playing well in MN at the end, didn't play well in NO and he simply has lost a step after 10 years.

HOF runner, but Father Time is undefeated.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Still planning to play til 40 AP? He was a fool to think the rule of father time didn't apply to him

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Still planning to play til 40 AP? He was a fool to think the rule of father time didn't apply to him

I remember being in my 30s.

You don't "feel" different than your 20s on a good day. You still feel like you're the same, but better with experience.

I don't hold it against athletes who cling to the very thing that they've spent most of their lives working towards. And age can be a downright liar when you feel like you can do something that empirically you can't.

I dunno that AP is worthless as a RB. But he's not the same guy he was when he broke the 2k mark.

He could still be a contributor in a run by committee group (I know he didn't work out in one in NO, but he's not a runner who's a fit for Payton's scheme), but he's not All Day anymore.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
damn....AP wants a ring....I know that's why he's still playing...just a shame he's gonna have to be dragged off the field.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I didn't get to see him play live , I started watching football in the late 90's. Since then i would say it' been Peterson, Tomlinson, Faulk in that order .

As pure RBs...yeah. Although Chris Johnson with his 2k year was pretty special as a pure runner.

That said, I dunno that there's ever been a weapon like Faulk. He could stone an LB on the blitz in pass pro, run routes better than most receivers and only Barry Sanders had better short area quickness at game speed.

Dickerson was probably the best pure runner in the history of the game (all due respect to Jim Brown and Gale Sayers).

It wasn't until watching Gurley that I'd seen a guy who EVERYONE knows is running to the edge...and STILL beat them to the edge. Except Dickerson would get there so much faster that when he turned the corner it looked from the camera shot like he was ghosting through the players chasing him. From the End Zone shot, it seemed like his pursuers were running in sand.

I encourage you to watch some Dickerson highlights. And remember when you watch that John Robinson, the HC of the Rams at the time had basically three plays... Student Body Left, Student Body Right and Student Body Middle. So defenses weren't the LEAST confused about what the Rams were doing. Heck, a tenth of a second after the snap, the entire STADIUM knew the play.

And he still ran for 2105 yds in a season. Now, if you imagine Dickerson in an offense with misdirection and a passer at least as good as Jim Everett...well, he's maybe the ONLY runner in the history of the league who might have had a shot at 2500 yds. So not kidding.

So yeah, check out some youtube vids on ED (that's Eric Dickerson. If you type in ED in Youtube, you get a whole nother type of video...)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good. Fuck that child-abusing fuck.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I didn't get to see him play live , I started watching football in the late 90's. Since then i would say it' been Peterson, Tomlinson, Faulk in that order .

I'd take Faulk over probably any RB ever because he was ALWAYS the X factor in every game. You didn't know how he would get you, because he could do it so many ways.

If he didn't have knee issues imagine what he would have done. Keep in mind with 2 surgeries he had a 4 year span where he put up essentially 9,000 yards and 69 TD's.

And that was while running only about 250 or so times a year.

That said, I dunno that there's ever been a weapon like Faulk. He could stone an LB on the blitz in pass pro, run routes better than most receivers and only Barry Sanders had better short area quickness at game speed.

IMO you are right, he was a unique a player as you could ask for.

And one thing you didn't mention.......on short yardage/goal line plays Faulk could move the pile himself. His lower body was extremely powerful.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

I am surprised Gurley gets caught as often as he does, he has elite speed for sure. It is very impressive how big and fast Gurley is in person, he hits that corner and eats up yardage quick.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
ED was one of a kind and so was the OL that blocked for him. But they hardly get mentioned.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
ED was one of a kind and so was the OL that blocked for him. But they hardly get mentioned.

I dunno. I watched a Youtube of a Ram game when Pat Summerall was listing the players on offense and I got a little emotional when I heard him say the Rams OL names with his inimitable voice.

The nostalgia got me, for sure. And yeah, even young, I appreciated that ED had blocking that most other RBs didn't.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/31/cardinals-plan-to-cut-adrian-peterson/

Cardinals plan to cut Adrian Peterson
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 31, 2018

881366556-e1517450996351.jpg

Getty Images

After playing just six games for the Cardinals, Adrian Peterson appears to be done in Arizona.

The Cardinals are planning to cut Peterson, Mike Jurecki of 98.7 FM reports.

Peterson is heading into the second year of the two-year, $7 million contract he signed with the Saints last year. Peterson lasted just four games in New Orleans before the Saints traded him to the Cardinals.

Although Peterson had two very good games for the Cardinals, he struggled in the other four, and with David Johnson coming back in 2018, the Cardinals don’t have much of a need at running back.

Peterson, who will turn 33 in March, may not have anything left. He has totaled just 601 yards in the last two seasons, and it remains to be seen whether any team will want him in 2018.