Additions to help this team for this season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
To me the most inexpensive way to go is to make the one and only big move of Trent Williams Zach Brown and I believe ej Gaines and keyvon Webster are still available and nick perry

I'd add Trent Williams
Sign Brown
Sign one of the two corners I do like e.j.
And I'd look at perry and weisnewski for depth (although I think like matthews perry would do well here maybe a bargain)
Best part is these guys are also fresh and with these next two games and the bye would provide some time to make adjustments.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas of there own. I cannot keep watching goff regress knowing management and play calling are responsible for it. If nothing else just get Williams we cannot afford losing goff to pass rush ghosts poor decision making and a broken internal clock his protection has to be addressed for the good of our present but mostly for our future. we just invested 100 million into our qb needs addressing immediately

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
To me the most inexpensive way to go is to make the one and only big move of Trent Williams Zach Brown and I believe ej Gaines and keyvon Webster are still available and nick perry

I'd add Trent Williams
Sign Brown
Sign one of the two corners I do like e.j.
And I'd look at perry and weisnewski for depth (although I think like matthews perry would do well here maybe a bargain)
Best part is these guys are also fresh and with these next two games and the bye would provide some time to make adjustments.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas of there own. I cannot keep watching goff regress knowing management and play calling are responsible for it. If nothing else just get Williams we cannot afford losing goff to pass rush ghosts poor decision making and a broken internal clock his protection has to be addressed for the good of our present but mostly for our future. we just invested 100 million into our qb needs addressing immediately

I don't like this idea of a mid-season spending spree. What's the cost in picks against our 2020 draft, and what are the present CAP repercussions ? How long will it take for new chemistry along the OL to be built ?
The Rams have 7 starters retiring or entering free agency next season, do you really want to be sacrificing draft picks now in order to gamble on what's left of 2019 ?
My personal preference is to either raid opposition team practice squads or to bring up a couple guys from our own practice squad to replace the injured Noteboom at LG and CB Talib. Raiding another teams practice squad would add to 2020's competitive depth a couple more young players without using draft picks. I'm sure Kromer and our scouts have had their eyes on a few potential emergency additions.
The Rams will face some tough challenges next off-season attracting free agents and quality draft picks, I'd rather not enter CAP hell today at the cost of a better future for tomorrow. It would be different if we were only one player away from building a solid Super Bowl roster for 2019, but our problems are deeper than that, ... and we are already 3 games behind in our own division. jmo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Did the Rams put Brewer on the Practice Squad? I thought he played better than Demby in pre-season. There is no quick fix with this team. I saw it as confidence last year, but I think it is arrogance now. Snead trading back to amass picks for depth never sat well with me. He's hit on some picks but missed on more. McVay refusing to alter his scheme to counter defensive adjustments is another, especially in the Superbowl. They are getting a big dose of humility. I hope they rethink the strategies. Go back to square one and fix the OLine. Other teams have been playing well with injuries on the line. The Niners had both Tackles injured. The Bucs OLine is nothing special but Winston had a career game against the Rams. Is Kromer a part of the problem? Why can't the Rams plug in OLine depth and win games, while other teams can?

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
(Sarcasm on). Trade Aaron Donald to the Cheatriots for 6 first round draft picks. Who knows, they might agree? (Sarcasm off)

MachS

Hall of Fame
Is Kromer a part of the problem?

I'd say a pretty damn big part of the problem. Here's the thing people forget, Noteboom and Allen aren't rookies, they're just first yr starters. These guys sat and learned and were coached for an entire year and this is how they play? Doesn't Kromer have a big vote on draft day when it comes to choosing these mid round linemen? And how the hell did Havenstein turn into one of the worst OTs in the game?What is Kromer doing about that?

Lets not forget to mention that his unit lost us the super bowl.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
I'd say a pretty damn big part of the problem. Here's the thing people forget, Noteboom and Allen aren't rookies, they're just first yr starters. These guys sat and learned and were coached for an entire year and this is how they play? Doesn't Kromer have a big vote on draft day when it comes to choosing these mid round linemen? And how the hell did Havenstein turn into one of the worst OTs in the game?What is Kromer doing about that?

Lets not forget to mention that his unit lost us the super bowl.
5E5C002E-2B9D-4ED2-BC96-83BB8FE3579C.jpeg

Scouting report predicts future

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I'll tell you re: Hav. Clowney yelling "holding!" wasn't wrong. I believe Kromer wasn't teaching correct technique, which is now being flagged in 2019. He was maybe trying to mask deficiencies on our OL talent but it's catching up to us this year.
We will need an OL rebuild in 2020 when Whit retires.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watching the Rams lose again just brings back oh so many memories. Bad ones. Last year was a blast, short of the SB loss.

We need to fix our OL before Goff gets MBS (Marc Bulger Syndrome) or all that money we paid him burns. We need it fixed pronto.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I say use the depth we have now to see what we have and just ride the season out. Who knows the rookies could step up and play and turn out to be damn good. If they don't do that great then atleast they will have experience for next year. But I want them to do whatever they have to to keep Goff from getting hurt.