Add to the Dolphins thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Bess has been a real problem for defenses on third downs...Amendola like in the slot. I assume Finnegan is going to slide in and take him. I like that match up a lot.

When the Rams blitz it has primarily been either through the middle with one linebacker and off the edge with a corner. The corner blitzes should be able to do some business if Tannehill tries to roll out on third down.

Richie and John Jerry are both run sluggers who lack lateral quickness and are both really top heavy. Neither is good at sliding and picking up stunts or blitzers coming through the A gaps. Pouncey is very good and All pro type talent at center but he can't guard both gaps.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
jimitroutboy said:
Bess has been a real problem for defenses on third downs...Amendola like in the slot. I assume Finnegan is going to slide in and take him. I like that match up a lot.

When the Rams blitz it has primarily been either through the middle with one linebacker and off the edge with a corner. The corner blitzes should be able to do some business if Tannehill tries to roll out on third down.

Richie and John Jerry are both run sluggers who lack lateral quickness and are both really top heavy. Neither is good at sliding and picking up stunts or blitzers coming through the A gaps. Pouncey is very good and All pro type talent at center but he can't guard both gaps.
I think the fact that Chris Long is such a heady player and Tannehill aught to be prone to rolling his way is HUGE, looks like a potential big game for Howies boy.

Phinsfan93

UDFA
jimitroutboy said:

Bess is a problem in general. No offense to Amendola but you're comparing him to one of the best slot receivers when it should be the other way around. Finnegan should deal with Gaffney(if he plays). A veteran wideout against an inexperienced CB like Jenkins won't bode well for your secondary. If not then stick to Hartline because Finnegan will be in the slot 100% of the time against Bess leaving Hartline with another one of your CB. Corner blitzes would be interesting as I haven't seen many teams do it against Tannehill. Ryan does handle the blitz pretty well though; top rated QB in the NFL when under blitz pressure. John Jerry is immovable in the pass protection (unless you're Geno Atkins) while Richie is so-so there. Mike Pouncey is sure to dominate whomever.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Phinsfan93 said:
jimitroutboy said:

Bess is a problem in general. No offense to Amendola but you're comparing him to one of the best slot receivers when it should be the other way around. Finnegan should deal with Gaffney(if he plays). A veteran wideout against an inexperienced CB like Jenkins won't bode well for your secondary. If not then stick to Hartline because Finnegan will be in the slot 100% of the time against Bess leaving Hartline with another one of your CB. Corner blitzes would be interesting as I haven't seen many teams do it against Tannehill. Ryan does handle the blitz pretty well though; top rated QB in the NFL when under blitz pressure. John Jerry is immovable in the pass protection (unless you're Geno Atkins) while Richie is so-so there. Mike Pouncey is sure to dominate whomever.

Larry Fitzgerald ,no TD's against Jenkins, he can handle whatever you have,he doesn't play like a rook, you'll see.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Thordaddy said:
Phinsfan93 said:
jimitroutboy said:

Larry Fitzgerald ,no TD's against Jenkins, he can handle whatever you have,he doesn't play like a rook, you'll see.

And even if Jenkins falters a bit, Bradley Fletcher is very good himself. He's one of the best cover corners in the NFL, so we may see him matched up against Hartline.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Opposing QB rating of < 70 is all you need to know about our CBs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Phinsfan93 said:
Finnegan should deal with Gaffney(if he plays). A veteran wideout against an inexperienced CB like Jenkins won't bode well for your secondary. If not then stick to Hartline because Finnegan will be in the slot 100% of the time against Bess leaving Hartline with another one of your CB.
That would be true if the Dolphins ran 3+ wide receiver sets 100% of the time. They run out of their base personnel more than out of 3 or 4 WR sets. More than half of the time against Cincinnati, for instance. Finnegan moves into the slot in nickel formations, but is the starting corner. When Finnegan moves inside, Fletcher takes over, and he's probably one of the most underrated corners in the league. Hartline is good, but I don't think he's better than any of the three corners we have. If the Rams are able to get a push by rushing only 4, then it will be a long day for the Dolphins. If they have to start blitzing, or if Tannehill gets more time and/or can successfully roll out and buy himself more time, then it will probably be a long day for the Rams.

Sounds like it's going to be a chess match, and that's on coaching. Of course minimizing mistakes and not shooting your own feet will help both teams, so I guess we'll see how it plays out. Vegas favors you guys at home by 3.5 (as of now), but there hasn't been a lot of action on that. Almost sounds like a sucker bet.

Above all else, I just hope for no injuries. If it rains, that field could get full of divots in a hurry.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Phinsfan93 said:
jimitroutboy said:

Bess is a problem in general. No offense to Amendola but you're comparing him to one of the best slot receivers when it should be the other way around. Finnegan should deal with Gaffney(if he plays). A veteran wideout against an inexperienced CB like Jenkins won't bode well for your secondary. If not then stick to Hartline because Finnegan will be in the slot 100% of the time against Bess leaving Hartline with another one of your CB. Corner

Lol yeah we thought the same thing before the season started dude. Something you'll learn quick about our secondary, it doesn't matter who's covering. If you think I'm lying go back and watch the tape on Fitzgerald and megatron.

We don't need to blitz to get pressure either. So don't worry about that.