Adam Schefter Trumaine Johnson to be tagged again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Kessler came from a pro style offense and had Hue Jackson getting him ready to play. Goff had boras and fisher. Not to mention Kessler had Joe Thomas protecting his blindside and a somewhat functioning running game.

Through 7 games Kessler has been better than Goff yes but that doesn't really mean anything. It's clear to me Goff has intangibles that Kessler doesn't. That will show up going forward in their careers.
Wentz came from a pro style offense too? Would much rather have Wentz. He was my no.1 QB in December of last year. As much as I liked him though I didn't like the trade and that's when I thought we were drafting him...

Psycho_X

Legend
IMO we played too much zone under Greg Williams, and to an extent it suited Tru well because he loved looking back at the QB and breaking on the ball. However, Wade prefers playing man. So maybe they see Tru's length and skillset as a better fit in a press man scheme just like JJ took his game to another level playing more man.

Absolutely, I liked Williams a lot as a coach but I always thought Tru and JJ would be better off playing press. The 10 yard cushions drove me crazy. Tru has the ability to be a physical, tough corner. I am very excited to see him in Wade's defense if he is still a Ram come week 1.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
IMO we played too much zone under Greg Williams, and to an extent it suited Tru well because he loved looking back at the QB and breaking on the ball. However, Wade prefers playing man. So maybe they see Tru's length and skillset as a better fit in a press man scheme just like JJ took his game to another level playing more man.

Should definitely be a lot better under Wade but still seems like a ton to pay him

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Wentz came from a pro style offense too? Would much rather have Wentz. He was my no.1 QB in December of last year. As much as I liked him though I didn't like the trade and that's when I thought we were drafting him...

Wentz had a great setup in philly with the coaches really tailoring the offense to make it easy on him. Did fisher and boras do that for Goff? Also wentz is a few years older and I think by the 3rd year in each qb's career you may have a different opinion of both qb's. Wentz has some flaws in his game that were exploited as the season went on.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Wentz had a great setup in philly with the coaches really tailoring the offense to make it easy on him. Did fisher and boras do that for Goff? Also wentz is a few years older and I think by the 3rd year in each qb's career you may have a different opinion of both qb's. Wentz has some flaws in his game that were exploited as the season went on.
When he lost his right tackle thats when things went downhill.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Overall I'm hoping for the best. If we don't sign Tru to a long term deal and keep him tagged and don't do anything in FA you know what my opinion of Snead will be.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
When he lost his right tackle thats when things went downhill.

Did Goff even have a right tackle? Havenstein was injured most of the season and was subpar bc of it.

Also Kessler had a better completion % and a better td-int ratio than Wentz did. Just thought you should know since you brought up Kessler in comparison to Goff earlier.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Same GM who gave up the farm to draft a QB who had never played under center and is clearly not the best QB from the class. Same GM who traded Bradford for Nick Foles. Same GM who signed Coty Sensabaugh, Cam Thomas and Quinton Coples. Worst off-season I have ever seen was 2016. I wouldn't say constantly found bargains btw, we didn't even want to spend a seventh round pick on La'El Collins.

Goff is still only twenty-two, and it's way too early to say anything about his career.

You're forgetting the second round pick that was used to move up to the number one selection.

And Belichick signed Haynesworth, Ocho Cinco, etc. to contracts that didn't pan out. Every GM has that.

And I guess that Johnny Hekker, Rodney McLeod, E.J. Gaines, Josh Forrest, Cory Harkey, Benny Cunningham, Ethan Westbrooks, Matt Longacre, Cody Wichmann, Cory Littleton, Cody Davis, Maurice Alexander, Tyler Higbee, Pharoh Cooper, Mike Thomas, Temarrick Hemingway, Nelson Spruce, Pace Murphy, Darrell Williams, Greg Zuerlein, Bradley Marquez, etc. don't balance out La'el Collins, who would've returned to college or refused to report to us, whose agent told the Rams front office that he'd refuse to play for them if they drafted him with a seventh round pick.

Also, I'll throw in one more Snead trade: Mark Barron for a fourth and a sixth. I'd say that it was a good trade.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Goff is still only twenty-two, and it's way too early to say anything about his career.

You're forgetting the second round pick that was used to move up to the number one selection.

And Belichick signed Haynesworth, Ocho Cinco, etc. to contracts that didn't pan out. Every GM has that.

And I guess that Johnny Hekker, Rodney McLeod, E.J. Gaines, Josh Forrest, Cory Harkey, Benny Cunningham, Ethan Westbrooks, Matt Longacre, Cody Wichmann, Cory Littleton, Cody Davis, Maurice Alexander, Tyler Higbee, Pharoh Cooper, Mike Thomas, Temarrick Hemingway, Nelson Spruce, Pace Murphy, Darrell Williams, Greg Zuerlein, Bradley Marquez, etc. don't balance out La'el Collins, who would've returned to college or refused to report to us, whose agent told the Rams front office that he'd refuse to play for them if they drafted him with a seventh round pick.

Also, I'll throw in one more Snead trade: Mark Barron for a fourth and a sixth. I'd say that it was a good trade.
The second round pick that was wasted to trade up in a reckless move to buy fisher and snead more time (didn't work out for fisher). So painful to look at that top five pick that should be us but instead it's going to the team that fleeced us. Lol we all sat through that debacle of a season and we are going to watch all that go away for nothing...But at least we have Goff!!!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The second round pick that was wasted to trade up in a reckless move to buy fisher and snead more time (didn't work out for fisher). So painful to look at that top five pick that should be us but instead it's going to the team that fleeced us. Lol we all sat through that debacle of a season and we are going to watch all that go away for nothing...But at least we have Goff!!!!!

The Titans didn't fleece us. Goff is going to be a stud quarterback, and that's worth more than all of the picks that we gave the Titans.

Unfortunately, given your KU affiliation, I can see that it's going to be impossible to reason with you. Have a good day, sir.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
The Titans didn't fleece us. Goff is going to be a stud quarterback, and that's worth more than all of the picks that we gave the Titans.

Unfortunately, given your KU affiliation, I can see that it's going to be impossible to reason with you. Have a good day, sir.
Ohhhhh I see now cause I like Kansas I don't know what I'm talking about? Cool. Sounds like a Mizzou fan. They have done such a great job since fleeing the Big 12. Really proud of them. Regardless, to say Goff is going to be worth more than all the picks is just crazy as you are calling me for saying he's not. Face it, we took a QB who is going to need hand-holding to get him to the next level. Wish we just had all those picks and drafted Mahomes this year. Mahomes is just like Goff but wont cost the #1 overall pick.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Don't think we can afford to let him go. My biggest concern with that hefty tag is his week to week availability. Tru has not had good luck with injuries.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They better be planning to work a long-term deal out with him. That's a lot of money to pay him on a one year deal.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ohhhhh I see now cause I like Kansas I don't know what I'm talking about? Cool. Sounds like a Mizzou fan. They have done such a great job since fleeing the Big 12. Really proud of them. Regardless, to say Goff is going to be worth more than all the picks is just crazy as you are calling me for saying he's not. Face it, we took a QB who is going to need hand-holding to get him to the next level. Wish we just had all those picks and drafted Mahomes this year. Mahomes is just like Goff but wont cost the #1 overall pick.

Mahomes is not just like Goff. They're not even remotely comparable.

Goff is going to be worth more than all the picks we gave up. I have zero doubts about that.

Same GM who gave up the farm to draft a QB who had never played under center and is clearly not the best QB from the class.

Do you remember when RGIII was the best QB from the 2012 Draft after his rookie year? I do. How'd that go?

Now, he may not even be a top 5 QB from that class.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Mahomes is not just like Goff. They're not even remotely comparable.

Goff is going to be worth more than all the picks we gave up. I have zero doubts about that.
I hope you're right.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
For all of you who have different opinions than mine it's not new. I'm always the albino black sheep (ex out the sheep). The point being is with all due respect I have solid opinions of mine I stick to. I liked Wentz before the pack last year and he ended up flying up the board and getting picked second (should've been first). I chose Sean McVay out of the coaches to target because I felt like there was something special about him. I got laughed at but now hes our HC. Idk I respect your opinions I don't want to come off as a jerk. Just really not a fan of the Goff trade. This will wear off after the draft. Just aggravated. Also Mizzou sucks. That is all.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
You sure have a weird way of showing that. From my vantage point, it seems like you hope you're right.
No I don't want to be right. I just feel like Goff is another guy and really its just because of the time were in. During the draft its hard to not sour on Goff when he went 0-7 and showed little to no promise outside of the Saints game. I want my top 5 pick I watched us earn...That's basically how I feel.