Adam Schefter fired, accidentally

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Adam Schefter's cell phone stopped working this week, which is problematic on multiple levels for someone in his position.

For starters, as ESPN's lead NFLscoop man, Schefter's cell signal is directly tethered to his vital signs (probably).

Any drop in service will cause a corresponding dip in his physical life force, and every text he misses from Roger Goodell's aides while out of commission only drains him further.

But on an even scarier professional level, it appears the sudden and inexplicable bricking of your phone and laptop are also telltale signs for ESPN employees that the Worldwide Leader has culled them from the company.

ESPN-NFL senior producer Seth Markman (h/t SB Nation's Seth Rosenthal) was the first to confirm Schefter's mobile woes, tweeting that his devices had been deactivated as a result of his name being "accidentally" placed on the company's termination list:

A couple things about this.

First off, how dead is the intern who mucked this up? He or she is in a barrel of lye floating toward Siberia right now. No one will see that person ever again.

Secondly, I can't think of anyone for whom it would be more traumatic to have their cell phone and laptop nuked out of nowhere than Adam Schefter.

As we've covered, Schefter's cell phone is one with his body. You don't unplug Neo from the Matrix before he reaches the phone. You'll kill him. It's amazing Schefter is still with us.

Anyway, glad you're still on the books, Schefty. Someone must man the NFL signal torches and keep Jay Glazer from slipping into a complacent, sub-sandwich-y malaise.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Dead-Man-Walking-JPEG.jpg
rotfl.PNG

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
In a business with multi-billion dollar ad budgets, there is no way stuff like this happens by accident. If they had to fly-out an intern to Schefter's location with a new laptop and phone, they would have. There is more to this story. I have no idea what the more is, but it isn't what's being reported.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
In a business with multi-billion dollar ad budgets, there is no way stuff like this happens by accident.
I'll bet it does. I used to work for Thyssenkrupp, a multi-billion dollar conglomerate, and they would fuck things up on all rungs of the ladder.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll bet it does. I used to work for Thyssenkrupp, a multi-billion dollar conglomerate, and they would freak things up on all rungs of the ladder.
Working for a multi-billion dollar company I can verify that this stuff does in fact happen. Fortunately not to me yet.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'll bet it does. I used to work for Thyssenkrupp, a multi-billion dollar conglomerate, and they would freak things up on all rungs of the ladder.

Yeah, I believe you...They couldn't keep one elevator working to save their ass when I really needed it so as not to have to carry 70 pound parcels up a flight of stairs...I guess the "reason" turned out to be old parts...Could they possible get new ones ??? Sorry, way off point here...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I believe you...They couldn't keep one elevator working to save their ass when I really needed it so as not to have to carry 70 pound parcels up a flight of stairs...I guess the "reason" turned out to be old parts...Could they possible get new ones ??? Sorry, way off point here...
Yeah, that's the game. Keep letting elevators break down, citing "obsolescence", thereby forcing their customers to spend tens of thousands of dollars for new equipment packages. Some of the salesmen there make hella good money.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Right, mistakes happen all the time, and stuff breaks down. That I've seen as well. But I've also seen is entire team of techies brought-in over the wkend in order to get a replacement laptop for an exec or other important staff person. I've seen them work around the clock, send stuff out same-day FEDEX, and also board a plane to personally deliver it. So, while stuff breaks, the response is typically overwhelming and the problem is fixed quickly. So, when I say this doesn't happen, what I mean is a national reporter being left without tech for several days, or did this last a wk?

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
How many employees do they go through that they actually have to have a termination list.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Right, mistakes happen all the time, and stuff breaks down. That I've seen as well. But I've also seen is entire team of techies brought-in over the wkend in order to get a replacement laptop for an exec or other important staff person. I've seen them work around the clock, send stuff out same-day FEDEX, and also board a plane to personally deliver it. So, while stuff breaks, the response is typically overwhelming and the problem is fixed quickly. So, when I say this doesn't happen, what I mean is a national reporter being left without tech for several days, or did this last a wk?
I don't even know if it was a day. And yeah, they could have gotten him a new phone in record time, but what good does it do if his phone number is inactive? His connection to the NFL is via his phone number (SMS and such). I mean, there's always the possibility that something *else* was going on, but I don't think this goes any deeper than the surface of what's being reported.