Acquired tastes, and things you’ve left behind.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
When I was younger, I didn't like Kale.

Now that I'm older, I really hate it.
You ever try it in a frying pan with coconut oil?

It slides right out of the pan and into the trash can with great accuracy.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Hahaha my wife would fist fight you in the street before giving it up. Lol

Buy, we are from the country. And we all our shopping at walmart....so, u may be on to something...tho we don't go in pajama pants lol
I haven't been in years but the youtube videos bust me up. Target and Costco are barely tolerable

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just put someone on ignore for only the 2nd time since 2010. I have had enough of that fuckwad.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Scotch is one that I couldn't stand as a young adult but love a good one now.

Lima beans - hated them then, despise them now.

I hated corned beef hash as a kid. Love it now.

I loved Craft mac-n-cheese as a kid, disgusting to me now.

I never liked hot dogs (aside from Dodger Dogs) as a kid but love them now. Yeah... I know... I love weiners.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Oh... And horror flicks. Hated them as a kid, now I find them comedic entertainment.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well made corned-beef-hash is a gift from the Gods!
Yeah but I even like the crap in the can. Give it a good sear in a pan, some over easy eggs... Yummy.

I make a hash with my pulled pork that is to die for. Gonna have to make a batch and seal a meal it.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
tomatoes. disliked as a kid. love as an adult. (i've always liked ketchup, i know, i know.)

gravy loved as a kid, can't stand now. i believe due to ingesting metformin (high fat content)

alcohol hated as a kid. loved as a tweener (til 40) no desire for now. (due to diabetic medication)

heavy metal liked as a kid. all i listen to now. ( the music gets louder as my hearing gets worse)

politics hated as a kid ignored as a tweener. laugh at others who constantly bitch about "them".

muttley loved as a kid, tattooed on my forearm as an adult.

sports loved as a kid, disliked all the whining of players, put on ignore other than ohio state hockey

horror movies scared of as a kid, loved as a tweener, now root for the killer to be successful vs idiots

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
As a kid I couldn't stand hot sauce/salsa. Now I hunt it down.

Beer...didn't like the taste when I first tried and even tho I tried to as an adult, just don't get it.

Used to love hip hop. Not anymore.

Ice cream, had it every day. Now once or twice a month at most.

And pineapples on pizza. You appreciate it more and more with each passing day and year.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Acquired Tastes: Coffee and good bourbon.

Dislikes: Used to love spinach, but can't stand it now. Melons make me wanna hurl, and I don't know why.
I fucking hate melons. They taste disgusting.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let’s get this thread back on track, please.

I’ve deleted the last “off subject” stuff.

Carry on.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pasta is something that I apparently liked as a little kid. Some time ago (when I was a little older), I hated - and still hate - the stuff. I don't know if it's taste or texture, but it got to the point when I was throwing up if I tasted it, and I felt nauseous just touching it. My parents even tried to hide it in one thing, and they never tried it again after the expected result came about.

Granted, I have autism, so that may be the reason why I came to dislike it so much; we have a lot of things that make us...picky, I suppose?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One thing I used to dread was public speaking. Now, it’s no big deal. At times, I even enjoy it.

Something I’ve lost my taste for: thrill rides or any adrenaline-based activities.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pasta is something that I apparently liked as a little kid. Some time ago (when I was a little older), I hated - and still hate - the stuff. I don't know if it's taste or texture, but it got to the point when I was throwing up if I tasted it, and I felt nauseous just touching it. My parents even tried to hide it in one thing, and they never tried it again after the expected result came about.

Granted, I have autism, so that may be the reason why I came to dislike it so much; we have a lot of things that make us...picky, I suppose?
My wife is allergic to onions, but her Mom didnt believe it. They hid it in one dish and they never did it again.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My wife is allergic to onions, but her Mom didnt believe it. They hid it in one dish and they never did it again.
Ouch! That’s one or two I don’t like, raw onions or tomatoes. Cook them into things all the time but can’t do raw.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Smiths. When I was younger I thought who is this bloke with some gladioli hanging out of his trousers singing dour songs. Now I love them.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love home made beef jerky…

Gave up Soda a long time ago. Drink it once in a blue moon but can easily pass on it for water.