Absolutely no respect for Beckham Jr/Suspended one game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah he acted like a bitch but so did Norman.. let's not act like OBJ was the only one doing crap

seemed like that easy drop for a TD got him completely out of his game until the 4th quarter.. woulda been interesting to see how the rest of the game played out if he had caught that
This isn't the first time we've seen OBJ being a douche on the field, remember our game vs them last year? This is however the first time I've seen Norman doing this though admittedly I don't watch many Panthers games. That said just because Norman is being a punk doesn't change the fact that with Steve Smith retiring OBJ is taking his place as the biggest string of moderated four letter words I can think of strung together in the NFL.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hate Steve smith and obj is a big cry baby. This is the third time he's had national blow ups (Rams, bills, and today).

iced

There weren't a bunch of saints on the field in that game, thats for sure.

Norwood was just as dirty - pretty sure I saw him kick ODB, and I think ODB give him a couple of rib punches as well.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I thought the deliberate shot to the head was a play he could have been ejected on. Other than that I didn't see anything that doesn;t happen every weekend when you get a couple of guys out there running their mouths instead of playing football. I'd like to see more unsportsman penaltie for that to get them under control so it doesn't get out of control like it did today.

Steve Smith is a little bitch, got away with a lot of shit IMO because he was smaller. The definition of unsportsman like.

bskrilla

Starter
Wait... Are you trying to tell me that maybe the scuffles between the Ram's and the Giants/ODB weren't entirely because the Rams are a bunch of head-hunting thugs?! Maybe this Beckham character is a bit of a shit head?

I don't buy it.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes there are players being chippy and trash talking in every game every week in the league. But Beckham was taking it over that normal nonsense in that late hit directly to Norman's head. That's not something we see every week. He was also seen on replays multiple times hitting helmets of multiple Panthers players on purpose with a closed fist. Most of the time in the back of the head. Only reason he wasn't ejected is because he's a "star" player. Most other guys are ejected. I'm fine with players being tough and not backing down but I would venture that he's lost a lot of respect not only from fans around the league, but a lot of fellow players.

Penguin.

Rookie
At least Steve Smith wasn't a little bitch. Don't even compare Beckham to Smith. Beckham is luke a punk bitch Terrell Owens.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Had that been one our players we would heard how dirty we are.And how GW is behind it...wait a minute

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Steve Smith is a tough SOB, he would absolutely mop the floor with Beckham.

Beckham acts like a teenage girl.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
He should be suspended when the league reviews all the crap he pulled on the field today. Targeting Norman, throwing a punch, and taking off his helmet... classy. Doesn't surprise me one bit he didn't get flagged or ejected from the game; the NFL wants to showcase their Elite players no matter how much of a bad influence they are.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
He should be suspended when the league reviews all the crap he pulled on the field today. Targeting Norman, throwing a punch, and taking off his helmet... classy. Doesn't surprise me one bit he didn't get flagged or ejected from the game; the NFL wants to showcase their Elite players no matter how much of a bad influence they are.
I was shocked that the officials were looking straight at these shenanigans, over and over, before they finally started throwing yellow on this tard. Those officials are more to blame for this mess than anyone, what a damn joke this league is at times...

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
just watched that's you youtube vid that helmet shot was pure BS ...I think id have had to have buried ODB after that

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I was watching this game and there were times when, as soon as the play was over, ODB went after Norman straight away even when they were nowhere near where the action had been.

Norman was involved at the very beginning but he was spoken to by teammates and took that advice on board. ODB must've been spoken to as well surely? But he carried on.

We've heard reports earlier in the year that he doesn't like being touched or hit but he was hitting people in the helmet so many times. He had his hand inside Norman's face mask at one point.

He's a great talent but he's such a little bitch. I don't have any faith that the NFL will take any action because he's the Madden cover star.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Now that I've seen it, definitely no amount of, "Well you would have him on your team." can absolve this, the guy was intentionally headhunting because he was losing and getting shutdown. Dude should have been ejected and suspended by now.

How do you look at a guy intentionally wait for somebody to get distracted trying to tackle and then try to level him with his helmet and say, "Well that's not so bad, I'd love him on my team." The only reason he didn't walk was because the league put him on that pedestal he's on themselves.

You absolutely have to suspend him, first time offense or not the whole world watched or is watching a grown ass man who should know better intentionally leading with his helmet into somebody else defenseless for the direct intent of hurting him, no pussy footing around it. OBJ wanted to put Norman out, luckily his hits are apparently as manly as he is and didn't do much of anything.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...hing-beckham-but-wanted-him-out-there-to-win/

Coughlin considered benching Beckham, but wanted “him out there to win”
Posted by Josh Alper on December 21, 2015

5020885061-e1450697086851.jpg
Getty Images

The Giants made an unexpected comeback from 28 points down to briefly tie the Panthers in the fourth quarter of a 38-35 loss on Sunday, but the team’s resiliency wasn’t the headline from the game.

It was wide receiver Odell Beckham’s behavior during his matchup with Panthers cornerback Josh Norman that loomed largest during the game. Beckham and Norman went at it after what felt like every play early in the game and the officials opted not to do much of anything about it, which allowed the situation to build to the point that Beckham launched himself at Norman’s head after one play to deliver a shot that could have led to his ejection with a different crew working the game.

Beckham drew three personal fouls overall and looked out of control for long portions of the game, leading to questions for Giants coach Tom Coughlin about why he didn’t sit Beckham in hopes of calming him down for the rest of the game. Coughlin claimed that the Giants gave it “strong consideration” before saying the chance to win trumped the dresire to cool Beckham’s endless emotional outbursts.

“Because I didn’t take him out. Because I wanted him to play the game,” Coughlin said. “He’s got to learn at some point how to deal with some things on the field. No, I’m not willing to deal with the penalties. I’m not willing to deal with anything. I want him out there to win the football game. But, again, he’s on our team and he made some mistakes today and I’m hoping he’ll recognize that and learn from it.”

Coughlin’s never seemed the type to put up with a player putting himself ahead of the team the way that Beckham did on Sunday, but the first 13 games of the season made it pretty clear that the Giants’ chances of winning are heavily attached to Beckham making plays. That message was delivered when Beckham’s earlier, milder bouts of petulance this season were shrugged off, but Sunday will be harder to ignore if the Giants want Beckham to keep things under control in the future.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Seems like it's a reaction to physical play....I've seen wr's fight....Mike Irvin comes to mind, but to see him going to the head & face, it must have been in response to something....
Phenomenal talent....Just like Smith... I like guys playing with an edge...I loved seeing TJ Mac trying to take his head off, only bad part was EJ got caught in the wash....Football baby...
Still mad we didn't make the playoffs...mad we don't have a receiver like that yet...REALLY MAD we don't have a QB!!!!
Yeah, Norman was definitely making him fight for it on the first 5 yards. I don't know if it really threw off his timing, but I'm guessing he wasn't expecting that kind of physicality from Norman, so it threw him off mentally and he focused less on his route and more on "winning" the individual battles physically with Norman throughout the route, which led him to more or less head hunting and abandoning his route altogether, which hurt his team's offense if you think about it even from a standpoint of using him as a decoy.

I think it's also interesting to note that he tried to start something with Finnegan, who calmly brushed it off. Like all tight ends that can catch the ball, they typically line him up all over the field to create mismatches, so I'm not sure how many times he lines up against Finnegan, but his grudge was primarily with Norman it seemed.

Good close game, it went back and forth so many times at the end it was ridiculous.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I was shocked that the officials were looking straight at these shenanigans, over and over, before they finally started throwing yellow on this tard. Those officials are more to blame for this mess than anyone, what a damn joke this league is at times...

Yup, he should have been ejected before the helmet hit based on what I saw.

LOL thanks refs union!!!

@Selassie I I was thinking the same thing, someone is going to whack this guy eventually.