About that contract extension for Snead/Fisher...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I wouldn't mind him as a HC. I wish Gruden would get fired from SNF, or that Warner would coach, or at least call the offensive plays and create the playbook for that side of the ball. And why Faulk isn't involved in the team one way or another is a mystery to me.

Those guys are going to be tough to get to coach, same with many top end retired players. They have good money in the bank (or should have). They also can get equal or better pay for a lot less work with TV/radio/clinics/etc. Those guys get TV gigs that pay much better than most assistant coaching jobs (which is where they would start) work 1/3 as much (coaches put in massive hours) and don't have half the headaches or pressure.

Bruce2980

Starter
Those guys are going to be tough to get to coach, same with many top end retired players. They have good money in the bank (or should have). They also can get equal or better pay for a lot less work with TV/radio/clinics/etc. Those guys get TV gigs that pay much better than most assistant coaching jobs (which is where they would start) work 1/3 as much (coaches put in massive hours) and don't have half the headaches or pressure.
I know that you are right, I was just dreaming out loud lol

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I know that you are right, I was just dreaming out loud lol

Oh don't get me wrong, I think it is real loss to FB. There was a time where such movement after playing was more common and I do not think it is a good thing that that supply into the coaching ranks is being reduced.

Now I will say that I think the better coaches from the player ranks would be the ones that honed their craft over the guys who dominated with their physical skills. For example I would think that Bruce would be far better than Moss as a coach. Bruce was for many years considered the best route runner in the league. He worked hard to improve his catching and route skills and can pass that on. Moss dominated off being bigger, faster, and jumping higher. I am not sure that he could relate to the 5th round draft pick who is an average size and speed for a receiver and be able to show him how to elevate his game so that he stands out. Where Bruce may have tricks and training techniques he used that he could impart and use to help the kid Moss can't help the kid become amazingly fast or out jump everyone. Let me be clear that I am not saying Moss has nothing to teach, just that it would be harder for him to relate and is less likely to have a big of a bag of tricks as someone like Bruce.