About that contract extension for Snead/Fisher...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Remember when Demoff was deep in conversation with Bradfords agent after his first ACL, then Bradford blew it out again in preseason, which ultimately lead to Bradford being traded? So now, Demoff is deep into contract extension talks with Snead and Fisher and they lay this bomb on national TV. Seems this is the equivalent to the current regime of an ACL. Hopefully that will be the last of those talks. The hard part is the fan base has to grunt through another painful season.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I would think that nothing would pick up the spirits of a downtrodden fan base and team like announcing that Fisher has been given a new 7 year contract. I mean that ought to raise everyone's spirits am I right??

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Remember when Demoff was deep in conversation with Bradfords agent after his first ACL, then Bradford blew it out again in preseason, which ultimately lead to Bradford being traded? So now, Demoff is deep into contract extension talks with Snead and Fisher and they lay this bomb on national TV. Seems this is the equivalent to the current regime of an ACL. Hopefully that will be the last of those talks. The hard part is the fan base has to grunt through another painful season.

This is true, but you have to take Ownership expectations into account. Honestly, Kroenke doesn't give a damn as long as the team is profitable. This isn't just the STL fan in me (but honestly part of it is). Kroenke is a real-estate mogul, and his sports franchises are just equity to him. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'll eat my words if he personally does something about that embarrassment last night. But nothing in his history leads me to believe he will. Just my .02.

Just google "Arsenal Kroenke" and hit images. You'll see a lot of the same things us over here think about him in our heads.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Rams cannot afford an extension at this point, it will be a public relations nightmare. IMO, there will be better options come next year and I don't know if I even keep Snead. However, get ready for this, the one guy if the Rams make a change that will be amongst the conversation will be Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Indeed-same guy shelling out Billions, he'll want a positive ROI. Current leadership is not improving the most critical element-winning football. Kroenke wont stand for it. He had good momentum going into last nights game. Fisher just destroyed that.

This is true, but you have to take Ownership expectations into account. Honestly, Kroenke doesn't give a damn as long as the team is profitable. This isn't just the STL fan in me (but honestly part of it is). Kroenke is a real-estate mogul, and his sports franchises are just equity to him. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'll eat my words if he personally does something about that embarrassment last night. But nothing in his history leads me to believe he will. Just my .02.

Just google "Arsenal Kroenke" and hit images. You'll see a lot of the same things us over here think about him in our heads.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let me count the ways they shouldn't.
Several 2nd round busts .
Keep signing Fishers rejects that haven't worked out .
Give #1 money to a receiver that's at best a #2.
Receiver Corp that's Pitiful .
Trade away the farm for a kid that can't beat out what we saw last night .
Keenum as the opening day starter .
I could go on and on but I figured you guys could add a few .I have a headache

fancents86

Starter

I don't know if kroenke has invested 3 billion of his own money into a stadium for Arsenal like he has us. If we don't shape up, he's going to have an empty stadium and no merchandise sales.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I don't know if kroenke has invested 3 billion of his own money into a stadium for Arsenal like he has us. If we don't shape up, he's going to have an empty stadium and no merchandise sales.

Arsenal's stadium was 100% privately financed. But, I don't think he owned 66% of the parent company at that time like he does now. IIRC, he's only owned that much for about 3 years or so now.

Also, merchandise sales are small potatos to these guys. Equity is why you get into NFL Franchise ownership.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.

Well, even if he does become successful his second stint as a head coach, it takes at least a full year for people to understand his offense. We'll have to be patient with him too.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The only way he gets a contract extension is by making the playoffs. I can't believe Kroenke will continue letting this guy coach when he has a 2+ billion dollar investment hanging in the balance. He may have the best stadium in the league but empty seats won't pay the bills.

Bruce2980

Starter
Well, even if he does become successful his second stint as a head coach, it takes at least a full year for people to understand his offense. We'll have to be patient with him too.
Not only that but in order for him to "succeed" he will have to "implement his own personnel via the draft," no less, and that could take 6 years and we are already one year in the hole for next year.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Is there a Jim Harbaugh out there? Someone who can take a team that still has some talent and win with it? Then again, anyone who'll use an offense that can play more than 10 yards beyond the LOS? Anyone who will just get Goff's learning curve started. I never thought they'd have a winning season anyway. Last night pretty much confirmed that. I don't see how the offense can improve with that system.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
New coach will be Shanahan, I am tellin you guys.

Bruce2980

Starter
New coach will be Shanahan, I am tellin you guys.
That would be nice, but he has a habit or running off good players, ie my favorites. He did it a lot when he was in Denver, seems to me that he is so confident in his system that he thinks he can plug anyone into it and keep getting better. For what ever reason he is usually right. So if you are not attached to Gurley, or anyone else on this team, he could be a fan favorite and winning coach.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Personally, I dont think Fisher will ever get fired. What I think might happen is Fisher actually gets promoted to President of Football Operations or something like that. I have very few issues with what they do personal wise outside of the too much love for Tavon. But overall I think the Rams have handled the player personal pretty well, I just dont think Fisher can coach.

Promote Fisher, keep Snead and bring in a real coach......problem solved lol. Stan just needs to write the check.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That would be nice, but he has a habit or running off good players, ie my favorites. He did it a lot when he was in Denver, seems to me that he is so confident in his system that he thinks he can plug anyone into it and keep getting better. For what ever reason he is usually right. So if you are not attached to Gurley, or anyone else on this team, he could be a fan favorite and winning coach.

Note that Shanahan is not a slam dunk for me personally. I'd interview him, sure, and like the idea of what he could do for Gurley and Goff. But for STAN, well, I think he checks every block he will be looking for. Stan loves vet coaches and Shanahan would probably win right away with that offensive talent.

Bruce2980

Starter
Personally, I dont think Fisher will ever get fired. What I think might happen is Fisher actually gets promoted to President of Football Operations or something like that. I have very few issues with what they do personal wise outside of the too much love for Tavon. But overall I think the Rams have handled the player personal pretty well, I just dont think Fisher can coach.

Promote Fisher, keep Snead and bring in a real coach......problem solved lol. Stan just needs to write the check.
That's an interesting idea, but his Titans have to get off this team to make room for anybody else. I like Fisher too, but he stinks as a head coach. Still he has been able to assemble something that could be special under the correct coaching.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
That's an interesting idea, but his Titans have to get off this team to make room for anybody else. I like Fisher too, but he stinks as a head coach. Still he has been able to assemble something that could be special under the correct coaching.

Ya, I really think there is enough talent to get to the playoffs with this roster as currently constituted. Our 3rd quarter defense showed what it can do, but Fisher needs to let the offensive guy coach his way. It still feels like Fisher is calling the shots offensively.

Bruce2980

Starter
Note that Shanahan is not a slam dunk for me personally. I'd interview him, sure, and like the idea of what he could do for Gurley and Goff. But for STAN, well, I think he checks every block he will be looking for. Stan loves vet coaches and Shanahan would probably win right away with that offensive talent.
I wouldn't mind him as a HC. I wish Gruden would get fired from SNF, or that Warner would coach, or at least call the offensive plays and create the playbook for that side of the ball. And why Faulk isn't involved in the team one way or another is a mystery to me.

fancents86

Starter
Let bring Sam Bradford as our OC. That fukin guy has seen and studied so many play books he's gotta know something by now.

Blue font...just in case for some of ya