About our Linebackers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
After all that my point is that Brockers might be our only real nose tackle.

I'm glad Brockers can play DE but if we don't have anybody in the middle to stuff the run you saw what happened.

Count me surprised if Brockers isn't our nose guard this weekend.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Early on I had thought maybe Ogletree could be an edge guy, but now it seems he's best served where they have him in this defense. His optimal position IMO is 4-3 weakside backer, due to it maximizing his chase ability. But he's become more than what he was, and has an ability to give you quick and deep drops into coverage in the middle which is valuable, plus his improvement on the interior.

Right now it seems like our biggest problem is at the nose. When Wade first came over I expected him to get a prototype space eating NT, but of course that never happened, and at this point I'm not sure he is necessarily looking for that type on the nose. He probably just needs a better overall DT in there, who can win his gap plain and simple.

Either way this defense is going to get tested vs the Saints and Eagles. We're gonna know what our needs are for sure pretty soon, and whether this group is ready to hang in a playoff environment.

What I've seen,and I certainly haven't studied it,We have so much push up field at times from the
one gap system,that we are running ourselves right out of a lot of runs.
We are not getting down the line and are getting caught too deep.
As to Ogletree,agree on the weakside.