Aaron Kromer talks evolution of Rams rushing attack

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Aaron Kromer talks evolution of Rams rushing attack

In a recent interview with therams.com for Season 2 of Behind the Grind, run game coordinator/offensive line coach Aaron Kromer explained the evolution of Los Angeles’ ground attack like this:

“You know, what’s funny is you have run game from team-to-team and from player-to-player that are successful. And coming here, there’s a lot of ideas and different backgrounds that people came from to get this run game started two years ago in a new program. And we did a lot of meeting, we had a lot of plans, and when it was all and said and done, and when we figured out our personnel was 11 personnel — which is three wide receivers, a running back, and one tight end — it changes a lot of the running game and how you go about attacking defenses. So that takes a little bit of time.”

[www.therams.com]

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
As we've discussed before I still believe we are transitioning to a full ZBS run game. It's why they jettisoned a power OG like Brown for a smaller guy in Blythe. And it's why they are going from an older and cerebral Center to Allen. With Saffold he was a freak who could do a bit of everything, but he was really more a power run scheme fit, so enter Noteboom, who also moves well and isn't as powerful but that won't matter too much in a scheme that requires all 5 moving together and more focus on positioning/technique.

This draft has a lot of options for the interior depth and maybe even a guy or two who can compete with our two young OL as well. I think beating either of them out will be difficult, but best case scenario is the Rams bring in two who are good enough to compete for a starting job.

This will be year 3, and I would expect that we'll see a mostly finished transition to the scheme they want to run.

dang

Legend
No doubt Gimpy....uh....GURLey will continue to be our workhorse. :whistle:
Farr - the blue font is a thin disguise - get it out. You've been interjecting (very weakly I might add) every chance you get on a conspiracy theory on the seriousness of Gurley's injury. You have more "Insider information" to share?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As we've discussed before I still believe we are transitioning to a full ZBS run game. It's why they jettisoned a power OG like Brown for a smaller guy in Blythe. And it's why they are going from an older and cerebral Center to Allen. With Saffold he was a freak who could do a bit of everything, but he was really more a power run scheme fit, so enter Noteboom, who also moves well and isn't as powerful but that won't matter too much in a scheme that requires all 5 moving together and more focus on positioning/technique.

This draft has a lot of options for the interior depth and maybe even a guy or two who can compete with our two young OL as well. I think beating either of them out will be difficult, but best case scenario is the Rams bring in two who are good enough to compete for a starting job.

This will be year 3, and I would expect that we'll see a mostly finished transition to the scheme they want to run.

Kromer is the run game O/C . Against Dallas The Rams sure looked good. Gurley when healthy really benifits with the run blocking.

As anyone who watches Behind the grit knows how special Woods & Kupp are to the run game.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Farr - the blue font is a thin disguise - get it out. You've been interjecting (very weakly I might add) every chance you get on a conspiracy theory on the seriousness of Gurley's injury. You have more "Insider information" to share?
Dang! You caught me again. :LOL:

No, actually I haven’t weighed in the last few times Gurley has been mentioned, if you’ll notice.

I am hoping like you guys he is fine. The information I heard was not confirmed, or refuted. My once-removed contact did not say anymore. I checked back a couple times. Nothing. :(

Left me feeling like a d!ck.

But one thing you cannot deny: the Rams have been circumspect.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But one thing you cannot deny: the Rams have been circumspect.
I don't agree with that at all. I think they have been extremely forthright and consistent in their answers.
Seems to me that some wont be satisfied with anything the Rams say unless its that Gurley has some serious knee issue

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I don't agree with that at all. I think they have been extremely forthright and consistent in their answers.
Seems to me that some wont be satisfied with anything the Rams say unless its that Gurley has some serious knee issue

"I don't agree with that at all." to quote a very sage member of our forum. :cool:

I gave up on needing to be right about ten years into my second marriage. I've been much happier since.

I'd rather Gurley be healthy, and eat canary....

maxresdefault.jpg

:argue:It's CROW, you're supposed to eat CROW!!
:argue:Well why didn't you say something? Heck, why didn't the canary say something?!
:argue:He did! He was saying, "I'mnotacrow...I'mnotacrow" And then you ate him!
:argue:I thought he was saying, "Chewmeslow...chewmeslow"
:argue:You idiot! I hope his beak tears up your arse on the way out!!

Ram65

Legend
Nice look at Noteboom and Allen. They both have the confidence and look ready to step in.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Nice look at Noteboom and Allen. They both have the confidence and look ready to step in.
I think so too. Kromer seems to really have a knack for preparing guys. I was going to say- how ironic, the man who announced the draft pick of Joe Noteboom- the man he will replace: Roger Saffold.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Kromer is a very good one!

I sure hope so. I think we've been spoiled with a dominant OL. We're gonna need 2/5 of our line to pan out now, and hopefully have a couple quality depth as well. I hope we spend some early draft capital on an O lineman as well....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The true secret to the Patriots success, which allows Brady to be Brady, is Dante Scarnecchia. Dude is a lifer in Patriot land and among the best OL coaches of all time. We know we already have our Belechick in McVay. Let’s hope he gets his sidekick in Kromer to stay his side for 20 years on the oline