Aaron Hernandez autopsy showed severe case of CTE

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
http://nyp.st/2wKLWPm

NEW YORK POST
Aaron Hernandez autopsy showed severe case of CTE

BOSTON — Aaron Hernandez’s lawyer says the former New England Patriots tight end’s brain showed severe signs of the degenerative brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

In a news conference at his offices, attorney Jose Baez says testing showed that Hernandez had a severe case of the disease.

CTE can be caused by repeated head trauma and leads to symptoms like violent mood swings, depression and other cognitive difficulties. Hernandez killed himself in April in the jail cell where he was serving a life-without-parole sentence for a 2013 murder. His death came just hours before the Patriots visited the White House to celebrate their latest Super Bowl victory.

CTE can only be diagnosed in an autopsy. A recent study found evidence of the disease in 110 of 111 former NFL players whose brains were examined.

CTE has been linked with repeated concussions and involves brain damage particularly in the frontal region that controls many functions including judgment, emotion, impulse control, social behavior and memory.

A star for the University of Florida when it won the 2008 title, Hernandez dropped to the fourth round of the NFL draft because of trouble in college that included a failed drug test and a bar fight. His name had also come up in an investigation into a shooting.

In three seasons with the Patriots, Hernandez joined Rob Gronkowski to form one of the most potent tight end duos in NFL history. In 2011, his second season, Hernandez caught 79 passes for 910 yards and seven touchdowns to help the team reach the Super Bowl, and he was rewarded with a $40 million contract.

But the Patriots released him in 2013, shortly after he was arrested in the killing of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd, who was dating the sister of Hernandez’s fiancee. Hernandez was convicted and sentenced to life in prison; the conviction was voided because he died before his appeals were exhausted, though that decision is itself being appealed.

A week before his suicide, Hernandez was acquitted in the 2012 drive-by shootings of two men in Boston. Prosecutors had argued that Hernandez gunned the two men down after one accidentally spilled a drink on him in a nightclub, and then got a tattoo of a handgun and the words “God Forgives” to commemorate the crime.

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-21_21-34-55.gif
    upload_2017-9-21_21-34-55.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 107

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Aaron Hernandez’s lawyer says the former New England Patriots tight end’s brain showed severe signs of the degenerative brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

In a news conference at his offices, attorney Jose Baez says testing showed that Hernandez had a severe case of the disease.

CTE can be caused by repeated head trauma and leads to symptoms like violent mood swings, depression and other cognitive difficulties. Hernandez killed himself in April in the jail cell where he was serving a life-without-parole sentence for a 2013 murder. His death came just hours before the Patriots visited the White House to celebrate their latest Super Bowl victory.

CTE can only be diagnosed in an autopsy. A recent study found evidence of the disease in 110 of 111 former NFL players whose brains were examined.

CTE has been linked with repeated concussions and involves brain damage particularly in the frontal region that controls many functions including judgment, emotion, impulse control, social behavior and memory.
Feel safer now?
There are players with CTE that never show symptoms....

I think it was a combination of CTE, where he grew up, and the incidents surrounding his father.......

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have you guys heard of a podcast called "My Favorite Murder?"
They talk a lot about the correlation of head injuries growing up and violence.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Also revealed was a high level of narcissism and douchebaggery.
He was interested in that "Thug Life" crap since he was a kid.

His lame family is still trying to get money out of the deal while it's more than obvious he committed suicide.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just as all sociopaths are not serial killers, CTE can't be blamed solely for murderous behavior. It seems that our society is all about bubble wrapping everyone, doing everything.

I played football and I even boxed a long time ago. I want to see hard hitters in the NFL. I don't like the Ram's hater, Tom Jackson, except for his show "All Jacked Up." I really enjoyed, for the first time in years, the boxing match between Canelo and GGG. No one was knocked down and it was an even match, it was a match of skilled people. I like to see well timed jabs,upper cuts, and slugging. Similar skills make it a match of guts/heart. I love all of this...Make it into sissified touch football or boxing,etc...I'm giving up sports.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No one (save for his attorney) is really using CTE as a scapegoat. But it's a pretty damning trend. Not just football. A kid bumps his head, watch out!! LOL.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
A certain percent of people are murderers.

A certain percent of people commit suicide.

A certain percent of people are depressed.

I am sure CTE does not help a person's brain but it may just be the final trigger in who they were to begin with, just like any person walking the street could be triggered by an argument or because they can't deal with rejection. (like OJ)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So did football cause the cte or was it the laundry list of drugs he used on a regular basis?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
No one (save for his attorney) is really using CTE as a scapegoat. But it's a pretty damning trend. Not just football. A kid bumps his head, watch out!! LOL.
Just another reason to sue somebody.

Forget the fact that nobody forced Hernandez or any other player to play football.

They did it for the money.
They did it for the adulation.
They did it because they're competitive.

But the greedy family members and the greedy lawyers will figure out a way to suck some money out of somebody if they get half a chance.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Also revealed was a high level of narcissism and douchebaggery.

It's like a chicken and the egg thing, which came first the homocidal narcissistic douchebaggery or CTE

Inquiring minds want to know
(insert former Ram running back out of Cinci who likes illegal ATC racing)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hernandez had CTE? Well... that explains it.