Aaron Donald: "#thatlosingshitoutthewindow"/Extension coming?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

I highly doubt Donald would be happy being tagged 3 years in a row. Players like LT contracts because it offers guaranteed money and protection in case of injury. It's one of the reasons Von Miller refused to play on the franchise tag last year. Donald is going to get a huge LT contract sooner rather than later.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how BIG Aaron Donald's NEW Contract will be!!?!
I'll guess 1st ..... 5 years - 100Mil w/ 50Mil guaranteed!!:mrburnsevil:
I think that's the minimum baseline to start negotiations. He'll likely get more, probably significantly more. Could end up being the highest paid non-QB in the NFL with only above average QBs making more than him.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just pay Donald how ever much he wants. If anybody has earned it, it's that man!

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Interesting question on the subject. Demoff usually is very good at front loading contracts mainly so if they dont work out they can cut the player without much dead money, but Donald seems like a near lock to be a top player for years to come. So, do you keep with the trend of paying more up front, or backload for more flexibility?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
To steal a Rodney Dangerfield line, after Donald sacks the QB, he's gonna go after the QB's family.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd give Donald whatever the fuck he wants. For seven years. of course.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-aaron-donald-mega-deal-is-coming-maybe-soon/

Rams G.M. knows an Aaron Donald mega-deal is coming, maybe soon
Posted by Zac Jackson on March 2, 2017

459723552.jpg
Getty Images

Among the topics Rams General Manager Les Snead discussed at the NFL Scouting Combine Thursday was a potential new contract for star defensive tackle Aaron Donald.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Fyrqva9KI

Donald is going to make a lot of money. The Rams know this, and Snead said they’re willing to pay it.

“It’s definitely coming,” Snead said of an extension for Donald, who’s made the Pro Bowl in all three of his seasons and has become one of the NFL’s top defensive players. “The guy deserves a raise, there’s no doubt. Whether he gets a raise or not, he’s going to show up, do the things he does. But that is coming.”

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8KWF3TYuQw

A first-round pick in 2014, Donald is just 25, still on his standard rookie contract and under control of the Rams for two more seasons. Ideally the Rams would like to ink him to a long-term extension before they’d have to activate the fifth-year option on his rookie contract after next season, but that option protects the team in case a long-term deal can’t be worked out over the next several months.

Donald will make a base salary of $1.8 million next season, and his 2017 cap hit on his current deal is $3.2 million.

The ESPN.com story on a possible Donald extension suggested the Rams may have to make Donald the NFL’s highest-paid defensive player in a new deal, and that certainly seems possible.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycztlmwjghs

Von Miller of the Broncos is currently the highest-paid defensive player after he got $70 million guaranteed on a six-year deal last offseason. Snead didn’t talk numbers or specifics, but he’s aware the Rams will be spending big on Donald and should prepare accordingly.

“We know that’s on the horizon,” he said.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
AD deserves to get paid. He needs to be a ram for life and will go down as one of, if not the best DT ever. Pay him anything he wants. Already one of my favorite and one of the best to ever wear a Rams jersey.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Fletcher Cox got 63 million guaranteed and Von Miller 70 million.

Guarantee that's the range Donald's agents are targeting, if not higher still.

If he doesn't get it from the Rams he surely will in free agency.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fletcher Cox got 63 million guaranteed and Von Miller 70 million.

Guarantee that's the range Donald's agents are targeting, if not higher still.

If he doesn't get it from the Rams he surely will in free agency.
72 mill guaranteed should be the magical number.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd give Donald whatever the freak he wants. For seven years. of course.
Exactly and i'll say it again...this isn't the NBA where one player on a HUGE fully guaranteed contract can effectively cripple your roster. PAY HIM

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and i was happy with my 4k pay rise yesterday

Pay the man whatever he wants