Aaron Donald: Rams are 'looking much better' than past years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
usatsi_13127072.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 2 hours ago

The Los Angeles Rams didn’t leave themselves much room to improve from last year to this upcoming season after reaching Super Bowl LIII. The only way to have a more successful year is to win the Super Bowl, finishing as the last team standing.
Of course, it’s possible to have a better team in 2019 than the squad that went 13-3 last season, especially considering the additions Los Angeles made and the added experience of its younger players. Aaron Donald thinks he could have his best season ever this year and from what he’s seen in practice and the preseason, he believes the Rams look much better than the past two years.

He was asked on ESPN’s “First Take” why he thinks the Rams will improve in 2019.
“You live and you learn from mistakes last year. I feel like the ups and downs we had made us that much of a stronger team and obviously, going to the Super Bowl and falling short, if that doesn’t light a fire under you, I don’t know what will. I feel like everybody’s got a different type of mindset having that experience and going through what we went through last year and adding pieces to the defense like Weddle and Clay. What I’ve been seeing at practice, I just feel like we’re looking much better than what I’ve seen last year and the past year, so I’m excited about the upcoming season.”
The Rams’ schedule is more difficult than it was last season, having to face teams such as the Saints, Browns, Cowboys, Ravens and Bears, among others. The 49ers and Cardinals should also be much better, too.
It shouldn’t be surprising if the Rams do make the Super Bowl, but the path to the big game is littered with tough matchups.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I totally agree with AD. The biggest thing is the depth.

The question is the OL and Run D. Only time will tell.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Top 5 defense and will win it all. This is our year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok boys and girls, if that doesn't rev your motor, YUR DEAD!

jjab360

Legend
And I believe him. We got rid of some weak links on defense and added some sorely needed veteran presence.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is that cos he turned up to see for himself for a change? ;)