Aaron Donald pulls out of Pro Bowl game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yet one more reason not to watch it. No reason given by Aaron Donald.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/13/linval-joseph-replaces-aaron-donald-in-pro-bowl/

Linval Joseph replaces Aaron Donald in Pro Bowl
Posted by Josh Alper on January 13, 2017

The Vikings will have another representative in the Pro Bowl.

Defensive tackle Linval Joseph has been added to the team, giving Minnesota five players on the NFC roster in this year’s game. Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald has pulled out of the game, opening up the spot for Joseph.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Secret meetings with Wade Philips.

Gogo AD?

Wonder what they gonna call this Rams D? Still gonna call it Mob Squad? or was that a GW D and under Wade Philips do they need a new name?

Honestly, I'd love for them to scare QBs, WRs and RBs so much that they name our D, "Fear Factor"...

"I'd rather eat a bag of spiders than go over the middle against that D..."

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Kind of odd. I wonder if he feels its best he doesn't play and focuses more on the upcoming season?

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Surgery... read somewhere it was leaked he was having a procedure done. Don't shoot the messenger I read it on twitter.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
good for him, the game is a sham and nothing like real football.

In a few years the real game will look just like the Pro Bowl now. Not worth my time to watch.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kind of odd. I wonder if he feels its best he doesn't play and focuses more on the upcoming season?

Maybe he is nursing an undisclosed injury, feels kind of beat up after being on the field for most of every game this year, or just wants to get away from football for a bit (he was getting quite frustrated by seasons ends, based on his penalties).

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Surgery... read somewhere it was leaked he was having a procedure done. Don't shoot the messenger I read it on twitter.

Thats plausible. Why risk a possible injury worsening when it can be taken care of ahead of time.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I read somewhere he played with a broken toe all season. Get well soon big guy.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well... that just about settles it for me now. I have been on the fence about going to watch the game in person. Tickets are only $45.

Not sure that I can go and only be able to cheer for the Punter. Are kickers even real people?

:thinking:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well... that just about settles it for me now. I have been on the fence about going to watch the game in person. Tickets are only $45.

Not sure that I can go and only be able to cheer for the Punter. Are kickers even real people?

Hekker is real people, I know that!!!

real funny people!!!

6a2b71136bcf88181344acb60b36b49df566bb2fc1866662cf9b86435a5e66d4.jpg

uh oh...

jap

Legend
Secret meetings with Wade Philips.

Gogo AD?

Wonder what they gonna call this Rams D? Still gonna call it Mob Squad? or was that a GW D and under Wade Philips do they need a new name?

Honestly, I'd love for them to scare QBs, WRs and RBs so much that they name our D, "Fear Factor"...

"I'd rather eat a bag of spiders than go over the middle against that D..."

Fear Factor? Nice call! I will offer up The Twilight Zone for initial grins & giggles.

jap

Legend

Johnny: "Punters are definitely real people, and I'm as real as you can ever want. Kickers? That's another question entirely!"

Greg: "Yeah----go ahead and rub it in, Mr. Pro Bowl! I'll have that NFL FG distance record in due time! You mark my words, you damn showoff!!!!"

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
AD can do whatever AD wants to do. Glad to see this too, btw, don't want to see the big guy get hurt in a meaningless game. We need him to beast the F out next year in the new defense.

I am so happy for our defensive players too in all these hires. Phillips is going to set them up for maximum success, cannot wait to see them finally start getting the wins and top level production they deserve.

Zero

Pro Bowler
To me,it wouldn't be worth the risk of injury.
I am glad he isn't playing.He needs to be resting up
for a playoff run next year.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Good, I'm glad he's not playing. The Pro Bowl should be done away with. No one tries, it's risky so players withdraw, and there is already an All-Pro team.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Maybe he is nursing an undisclosed injury, feels kind of beat up after being on the field for most of every game this year, or just wants to get away from football for a bit (he was getting quite frustrated by seasons ends, based on his penalties).

He was quite frustrated before the end of the 1st game. But it got even worse by seasons end.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
He was quite frustrated before the end of the 1st game. But it got even worse by seasons end.

I've been saying all year that Donald is a SUPER competitive type.

He's going to LOVE this incoming regime and LOVE Wade Philip's D