Aaron Donald on Path to the Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Damn I can't see this on my friggin Ipad. Thanks for putting it up, tho. Will check later!

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Starting to doubt him as a possibility. OL and secondary with the first 2 picks, IMO.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Such a huge difference between an Aaron Donald interview and a Jadeveon Clowney interview.
stir.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Aaron Donald to the St. Louis Rams? Might be a pretty good fit there..."

Yep.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We just got Carrigan. That would have been Donald's spot. Unless they realm wanna pull Langford AND Brockers on third down, I don't see it.

Denard or Dix here makes way more sense.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Agreed. This would make our Dline a problem

LMAO I think its already a problem this would make it damn near unstoppable and hands down the nastiest Dline ive seen in a good while. They would definately need a cool nick name. Maybe the QB killers.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Clowney - Donald.

This board would erupt with hate, but OMG! QBs would get hiked the ball, turn, and run away screaming like girls while their O line all faked injuries.

Alan

Legend
RamzFanz forgetting what we learned last year:
Clowney - Donald.

This board would erupt with hate, but OMG! QBs would get hiked the ball, turn, and run away screaming like girls while their O line all faked injuries.
I think the opposing QB would just use his one second to throw a short pass to any of his many open receivers and calmly march down the field to score. Much like what happened last year.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
We just got Carrigan. That would have been Donald's spot. Unless they realm wanna pull Langford AND Brockers on third down, I don't see it.

It's just more options for them the way I see it, and I'm not disagreeing with you regarding whether or not Donald is the best fit, as I think Hageman would be a better fit and long term solution, but of course I'm no scout :)

Carrigan is just an obvious depth upgrade over Conrath and Cudjo at any down, and honestly even the smaller Donald would make sense if you have Hayes and Sims filling in on tackle from time to time. If you get rid of that depth issue, then Hayes and Sims stick with backing up Long and Quinn making the entire defensive line significantly better, which is frankly a scary thought to me.

And regarding whether or not they would be better off drafting a CB, FS or DT this goes back to their obvious philosophy of trying to draft the best player available at a position of need. Of course if they're smart they have plans and back up plans all day long.

Regarding the secondary, you're preaching to the choir, but in Snead and Fisher I trust to know where they want to draft help at safety or tackle.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If Donald were taken by the Rams it would be with the future in mind. Remember most DTs take a few years to really develop. Langfords contract would be up by the time Donald completely hit his stride. I am very surprised and interested that he is meeting with the Rams. He is quite a bit shorter than most of the Rams DTs. with the exception of maybe Cudjo. If the line had Brockers, Langford, Carrington,Donald on the interior it would be great.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
wow. great guy. he'll make some locker room happy. Unless it's the 9'ers. Damn them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I disagree with that thinking. The team should always be looking to upgrade. Sure they have Carrington signed but Donald could replace Cudjo and eventually Langford. With DTs it is always good to pick them before there is an urgent need. That way they can transition into the NFL at one of the tougher spots to transition to. If DTs take 3 years to develop, then taking Donald or Hageman this year would put them right on schedule for taking Langfords spot.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I think the opposing QB would just use his one second to throw a short pass to any of his many open receivers and calmly march down the field to score. Much like what happened last year.

The Rams have 10 other draft picks.