Aaron Donald Named Defensive Rookie Of The Year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Yes! You go Aaron! Yes! We...Aaron wins NFl Defensive Rookie of the Yea! Yes! Yes!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He should win nfl rookie if the year his numbers were just as good as suh.

RamBill

Legend
Aaron Donald named PFWA Defensive Rookie of the Year
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...onald-named-pfwa-defensive-rookie-of-the-year

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The honors and awards that Aaron Donald became so accustomed to during his senior year at Pittsburgh continue to roll in after his first NFL season.

On Tuesday, the Pro Football Writers of America named Donald the 2014 Defensive Rookie of the Year and a member of the All-Rookie team. Donald has already earned similar honors from Pro Football Focus, Sports Illustrated and elsewhere and is considered a strong favorite to take home the "official" award from the Associated Press at the NFL honors presentation on Jan. 31.

Donald led all rookies with nine sacks this past season, a total that ranked second amongst all defensive tackles only behind Buffalo's Marcell Dareus and the sixth most by a rookie defensive tackle since sacks became an official statistic in 1982.

Donald wasn't the only Rams rookie to garner some love from the PFWA on Tuesday. Cornerback E.J. Gaines and running back Tre Mason also earned spots on the All-Rookie team.

Gaines was a bit of a revelation for the Rams after stepping into the starting lineup because of preseason injuries. He never relinquished that spot until a concussion put him on the sidelines in the final week. Before that, he led the Rams with 14 passes defended and posted two interceptions and two fumble recoveries all while vacillating between outside and nickel corner.

Mason emerged as the starter at running back in the middle of the season and likely won't give the job back. He rushed for 765 yards and his five touchdowns were tied for most on the team.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He definitely earned it! Good to finally have a disruptive DT after all these years!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The 2014 rookie class will define this team going forward. It has to.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This past drafts selection of DT Aaron Donald is a premium example (& it changed my opinion on this subject) on why a couple of holes in our OL needs to be seriously addressed early in free agency.

Fisher & Snead need to have the option in the 2015 draft, especially in with the first pick to be in a position where if a prospect similar to Donald's talent drops in our lap we can move on him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He's taking quite a few of these DROY's. The AP trophy gets announced at the end of the month. Hope he gets that one too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And to think at one point last year, I wanted Louis Nix hahahaha.

I was wrong, @jrry32 was right. I admit it again.

We all get them right and we all get them wrong. When you make 1000 mocks like I do, you're bound to hit on one guy. ;)

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Congrats Donald!! He really deserved this I had a bad feeling they would screw him out of it. He really deserves rookie of the year considering he came in and was one of if not the best DT in the league this year as a rookie. No other rookie can say that besides maybe if Odell Beckham had played a full 16 games.