Aaron Donald is a freak of nature. Check out these bench press #'s

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
giphy.gif

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Man. That's some insane weight.

That's why he's an incredible athlete and why I get sore mowing the grass.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
That's a hell of a lot of weight! Then you add in amazing quickness and you'll have a pro bowl player in his rookie year with many more to come.....

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
6'1 295 lbs, 500lbs bench, 4.60 40. and people wonder why he is so good? oh, maybe cause he is very technical as well. Add that all up and you have my Favorite current Ram ever. The moment he was drafted he became my favorite pleyer on the Rams. Just something special about him, and I;m an offensive guy.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
He seems to have the right balance so far!:D

That ^^^^^.

Dude has gotten better since his rookie year. Not just the 2 sacks, but 3 tfls, 7 "stuffs". That was the best game of his career. And unlike Donald's rookie year, he's not sneaking up on anyone.

Pff graded Donald at +10.1 against Seattle (easily tops among NFL DTs) where his best game last year was +5.7 on his way to a +34.4 season. This is JJ Watt level good. Watt had PFF season scores of 94, 97, 107 last three years, making him in PFFs opinion easily the best player in the nfl... until now?

Will be interesting to see if Donald can replicate this performance level a 2nd week. The 'skins OL did a decent job last week holding the Miami DL in check.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
That explains how he can toss the 300lb linemen aside so easy.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
This is worth watching for anyone who hasn't seen (or doesn't remember) Donald's combine video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOHqcdXde7Y

Donald's 4.65 (official) combine 40 time at 285 lbs (combine weight) is just as ridiculous as Clowney's 4.53 (official) 40 at 266 lbs. Combine that with 35 reps in the bench (!!!), and you officially have a freak of nature (to @Stl2La point).

OK great, so he's a workout warrior, so what?

Add incredible technique from years of studiously refining his craft. Add in his passion, determination, grit. And you get one hell of a player.

THEN, add in a incredible teammates like Quinn and Long who command their own attention and funnel everything to the middle. And Brockers who dominates the point of attack. And McDonald and Ogletree (and Barron?) who bring some serious thump. And Laurenaitis who gets anything that leaks through. And a secondary that makes the QBs hold the ball just a second longer. And Greg William's system which plays to Donald's disruptive strengths (ie not just just asking him to soak up blocks). Even our role players are succeeding (McLeod, Fairley, Hayes, Sims, Ayers).

Add up all those things, and what do you get?

A legit DPOY candidate. Yeah, I said it.

You also get a pretty elite defense built on the foundation of our tip of the spear elite players Quinn and Donald, which coincidentally imho are playing the two most important spots in a 4-3 D, our RDE and our 3 tech.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don