Aaron Donald - HOF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ram007

Starter
How many more years does Aaron Donald need before HOF chatter?

3 more?

Snead has ONE job at the end of 16 games: Pay that man $110 million dollars and lock him up at season's end!

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
He'll prolly take less money somewhere else where they win. We're screwed

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I said the same in another thread he will get paid wherever he goes why not take a little less jack for a shot at a super bowl

Let me add I hope this don't happen but if I was Aaron I'd consider it

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
No. He will not. 100 ROD dollars will be gifted you if it happens.
There's just no way they buy the BS fisher is selling anymore. I really really really hope we can retain our studs but I won't be surprised if they want to leave.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Way more than, he needs to put a decade+ of high level play to be in that chatter unless there's some sort of tragedy.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I said the same in another thread he will get paid wherever he goes why not take a little less jack for a shot at a super bowl

Let me add I hope this don't happen but if I was Aaron I'd consider it

Because regardless he will get franchise tagged for 3 straight years?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
He is only in his 3rd year. He needs at a bare bones minimum another 5 years of this kind of performance to have any shot. Factor in that he is playing (at least now) on a losing franchise, that does not help his cause.

That being said, I have few doubts he will ultimately be a RAM Hall of Famer with at least 3 rings.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

But doesn't he have a couple more years left on his original contract? Are we getting ahead of ourselves right now? However, money talks and a really successful team(s) will draw his interest. The only way he stays is because he sees light at the end of the tunnel with this team. Right now is seems awful dark in that tunnel.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But doesn't he have a couple more years left on his original contract? Are we getting ahead of ourselves right now? However, money talks and a really successful team(s) will draw his interest. The only way he stays is because he sees light at the end of the tunnel with this team. Right now is seems awful dark in that tunnel.
To be honest I like looking to the future ... I'm not a cap / contracts kinda guy ... plus I have separation anxiety and would end up a blubbering mess if we lost AD ;)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The Rams won't be able to afford 3 straight years of Franchise tagging because of the mandatory 20% raise or whatever it is. The costs escalate rather exorbitantly rather quickly. He'd be at or near $30M per by the end if not more and there's no way I think the Rams could absorb that kind of cap hit.

In order for AD to stay, the Rams are going to have to win and give him and others a reason to stay.

As we've seen in multiple stories about players who've left the Rams since Fisher's been here... there's not a "culture of winning" here. Once guys get to places where it is, they experience a bit of a culture shock which is understandable.

We need a HC to install that "culture of winning". Pretty sure that in his 5th year, Fisher's not the guy.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
How many more years does Aaron Donald need before HOF chatter?

3 more?

Snead has ONE job at the end of 16 games: Pay that man $110 million dollars and lock him up at season's end!

That's not Sneads job.
It's Kevin D's.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
A few quick things per his original contract:
2017 -next year is year 4 and is locked
2018- Rams will assert his 5th year option at the end of this year (teams have to decide after third year) that will be aobut $7mil (those outside the top 10 receive a one year contract for an average of the 3rd through 25th highest salaries)
2019 - first year the rams would need to tag him (for 2016 it was about $13.4mil , safe to assume that $15mil is likely)
2020 - second year of tag would be $18 mil+

Note that a player can only be tagged 2 times, also note the 5th year option does NOT count as tagging player.
It is important to note that tagging him means the Rams don't have that option for other players so they would in theory be tying their hands.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IF this^ Happens it will be the BIGGEST mistake I have seen in all my 66 Seasons as a Rams Fan!!!!!:baghead:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Lock this guy up. If he stays healthy I've never seen a more obvious first ballot HOF guy. I know - hes only been in the league 2 years! That's how much of a freak he is.