Aaron Donald hit with $21,269 fine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
NEW YORK -- Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald has been fined $21,269 by the NFL for his actions that led to his ejection in the team's season opener against San Francisco on Monday night.

Donald was docked $12,154 for unsportsmanlike conduct and $9,115 for unnecessary roughness Friday after he was called for 15-yard penalties, including for making contact with an official -- resulting in him being tossed from the Rams' 28-0 loss.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-angeles-rams-fined-21269-nfl-actions-opener

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can see the Unsportsmanlike thing, But where do they get the Unnecessary roughness from? I didn't see that part! And am I the only one that thinks this sounds a little STEEP!?!

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
NEW YORK -- Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald has been fined $21,269 by the NFL for his actions that led to his ejection in the team's season opener against San Francisco on Monday night.

Donald was docked $12,154 for unsportsmanlike conduct and $9,115 for unnecessary roughness Friday after he was called for 15-yard penalties, including for making contact with an official -- resulting in him being tossed from the Rams' 28-0 loss.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-angeles-rams-fined-21269-nfl-actions-opener

I see it as sort of a metaphor for the entire evening....:shocked::headexplosion:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I can see the Unsportsmanlike thing, But where do they get the Unnecessary roughness from? I didn't see that part! And am I the only one that thinks this sounds a little STEEP!?!
Donald was penalized for roughing the passer.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I think he deserved every penny they took from him. What he displayed was not leadership or the poise we expect from him. His frustration, anger outburst and behavior was like that of a spoiled rich athlete that didn't get what he expected.

tumblr_nybd9gJzOc1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hopefully this pisses Donald off so much that he has a record setting game against the Oompa Loompa on Sunday.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think he deserved every penny they took from him. What he displayed was not leadership or the poise we expect from him. His frustration, anger outburst and behavior was like that of a spoiled rich athlete that didn't get what he expected.

Great scene. Dude played DiCaprio like a harp. Pure trollage.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

No he didn't display leadership nor poise, I agree with that. But I disagree his outburst of frustration and anger was that of a spoiled rich athlete who didn't get what he wanted. I viewed it more as he busted his ass playing good and his team around him, both offense and defense just plain played like shit for the most part(not all but the majority) and it pissed him off to the extreme. I see it as him being angry at his team, not angry at the opposing team, and that boiled over into the actions he took. Just my opinion though. I am sure he regrets it regardless of the reason.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
No he didn't display leadership nor poise, I agree with that. But I disagree his outburst of frustration and anger was that of a spoiled rich athlete who didn't get what he wanted. I viewed it more as he busted his ass playing good and his team around him, both offense and defense just plain played like crap for the most part(not all but the majority) and it pissed him off to the extreme. I see it as him being angry at his team, not angry at the opposing team, and that boiled over into the actions he took. Just my opinion though. I am sure he regrets it regardless of the reason.

I can take some heart with your view... regardless of the why reasons, it was new behavior for us fans to witness.

I also think Gurley was just as bad only without all the antics. He was jawing his frustrations and tossed the ball at the 49er secondary after his 15 yard gain. He was like, hey how do you like them apples.

AG & TG both lost their humble ways under the extreme pressure of their personal/team expectations. It appeared they were acting like embarrassed brats that knew they were the 2 best players on the field (AND THEY WERE) so because their team was underachieving they couldn't emotionally handle it. This caught me wayyyyyy off guard. No worries I expect not to see that again from either of them.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Emotions run hot with players who are committed. It doesn't always get funneled down the proper channels... especially with younger players... but the passion can't be denied.

Learning experience.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I can take some heart with your view... regardless of the why reasons, it was new behavior for us fans to witness.

I also think Gurley was just as bad only without all the antics. He was jawing his frustrations and tossed the ball at the 49er secondary after his 15 yard gain. He was like, hey how do you like them apples.

AG & TG both lost their humble ways under the extreme pressure of their personal/team expectations. It appeared they were acting like embarrassed brats that knew they were the 2 best players on the field (AND THEY WERE) so because their team was underachieving they couldn't emotionally handle it. This caught me wayyyyyy off guard. No worries I expect not to see that again from either of them.
I can agree Somewhat. Gurley ran hard with no room to run so he was frustrated, like AD was. It's not that couldn't handle it, but having seen the team do better and seeing that they got the absolute shit from them.

This team did nothing at all to help the playmakers on both sides of the ball and it showed in multiple ways.

Worst game ever regardless how we interpret the best of the individuals actions.

Last edited:

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79

Oh fuck. They were getting their ass kicked and he was getting held on every single play.

I'm glad he flipped out, shows me he wants to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

jap

Legend
Both Aaron and Todd are very young and the key focal points of their respective units. in a divisional game against a rival with an ugly history, you better believe they will be prime targets for verbal vitriol from the damn '9ers.

So now we have two supremely upset superstars who know! how to funnel their anger into controlled aggression getting ready to release some pent up frustration against the 'Hawks.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I am not surprised by the fine. I'm hoping he watches that tape over and over again. He seems like the kind of player that will learn from it and move on.

I don't know about the roughing the passer, @Ram Quixote . I thought it was for grabbing the Whiner by the neck and then pulling his helmet off. The thing I didn't see at all was him coming in contact with an official. Did anyone actually see that? It seemed like he always had a player between he and the officials.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I am not surprised by the fine. I'm hoping he watches that tape over and over again. He seems like the kind of player that will learn from it and move on.

I don't know about the roughing the passer, @Ram Quixote . I thought it was for grabbing the Whiner by the neck and then pulling his helmet off. The thing I didn't see at all was him coming in contact with an official. Did anyone actually see that? It seemed like he always had a player between he and the officials.

I did not see him physical "handle" an official either! Weird.