A view of Stan from across the pond

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NI Ram Fam

UDFA
http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8330651/Stan-Has-No-Passion-

Arsenal majority shareholder Stan Kroenke has no passion for the club, according to former director Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith.

Bracewell-Smith sold her shares to Kroenke last year, but remains an honorary vice-president, and she took to Twitter to criticise the American amid the doom and gloom surrounding the club.

The Gunners' struggles reached a new low earlier in the week when League Two side Bradford City knocked them out of the Capital One Cup on penalties, denying them another chance to end a wait for a trophy that is now more than seven years.

"If making money was the motivating factor, surely there are better ways,"

she wrote. "Football is a business of passion and SK has no passion for AFC.

"(Kroenke) shows he cares very little. Why he wanted to be part of AFC I do

not know."

She also admitted that, with hindsight, she would not have sold her shares to Kroenke, who also counts the NFL's St Louis Rams and Major League Soccer franchise Colorado Rapids among his other sporting ventures.

To be fair, Arsenal are going through a pretty poor run of results at the moment and a lot of fans and people associated with the club are getting frustrated. After being one of the dominant forces in English football form the mid 90's to the mid 00's including going a full season unbeaten (a spell that lasted for 49 games carried over 2 seasons), they have not won any silverware for 7 years. Their manager keeps selling their best players; Henry, Fabregas, Van Persie have all left recently. The quality of the team has diminished from "title challenger" to "upper mid-table finisher" and they rarely beat the "big" teams any more.

I am guessing that some of the decline is to do with the £470m ($757m)to build their new stadium leaving less for wages, transfers and the like. I would also think that the manager Arsene Wenger has too much confidence in his own ability (read: ego) to admit that selling their best players will work out fine as it is he that coaches the team.

There is however another factor that concerns me slightly and that is that it may be Stanley's fault. He obviously controls the team expenditure and while they have been relatively active in the transfer market, they have recouped more money than they've spent (this is not a recipe for success in the EPL).

How does the new Arsenal stadium and the issues that it may have caused relate to the potential Edward Jones Dome upgrade and will the factors that have been instrumental in the decline of Arsenal FC also be an issue for the Rams in the medium term? Notice that I haven't mentioned the "r" word either, which is also a possibility.

I for one would hate to think that just as we seem to have turned a corner, Stan blows all his money on a new stadium/upgrade/relocation and it puts this franchise back to where it began at the end of the past decade.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I was thinking about this too. Is Kroenke an owner of teams or a collector of teams?

Having said that we have no reason to doubt him so far.

Wenger should have been sacked years ago IMO

NI Ram Fam

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's true Scots, we have no reason to doubt him.
I don't support Arsenal or the Nuggets or whatever.

I support the RAMS and we can be very happy with the progress so far

Graphicker

Starter
Money is not a major Issue with Stan IMO..

His wife is hair to the Walmart fortune :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is insane amount of CASHFLOW.. Is Sir Alex Ferguson not the coach

anymore? I haven't watched soccer in a few years. PSE 2009 :D

Ala Madrid!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think the concerns of Arsenal fans and those of Rams fans are exponentially different.

Is that soccer league a capped /minmum payroll league?

I don't KNOW what Kroenke can do to quiet the disquieted more than spend exhorbitantly on a coaching staff including buying his way to the top of the Jeff Fisher bidding competition.
It has been demonstrated in the NFL repeatedly that trying to buy championships on the FA market is dicey, keeping your good players seems to be the way to go and scouting well to find talent,seems we're doing that.

Kroenke knows a new stadium will need to be filled to pay and St.Louis has demonstrated they won't support a Cubs quality effort at winning so I'm not terribly concerned with the comparrison.

Besides, losing there a gazillion miles from his home town is WAY different than losing in his back yard,I can see his attitudes towards each team as being completely different.

NI Ram Fam

UDFA
Besides, losing there a gazillion miles from his home town is WAY different than losing in his back yard,I can see his attitudes towards each team as being completely different.

Interesting point, I hadn't considered that.

I realise that how rich the owner is in the NFL is of much less relevance than the Premier League and despite all of Dan Snyder's efforts, you definitely can't buy a championship, unlike Manchester City or Chelsea, but if he has a new stadium to pay for, we won't be able to pay to keep our best players in, say 2016. Losing players like 91, 55 or 8 would be massive. I'm wondering if there's a possibility of Stan turning into one of those cheapskate owners like the Bidwells. I suppose the WalMart fortune should stop that from happening.

NI Ram Fam

UDFA
Graphicker said:
Money is not a major Issue with Stan IMO..

His wife is hair to the Walmart fortune :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is insane amount of CASHFLOW.. Is Sir Alex Ferguson not the coach

anymore? I haven't watched soccer in a few years. PSE 2009 :D

Ala Madrid!

Sir Alex coaches Manchester United and has done since 1985 (can you imagine that in the modern NFL??).

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yeah I'm with my fellow Avenger Thor.

I need to know all the cap, salary, methods, etc of how a futbol club operates there.

Like here, everything is so detailed that you have to be a total incompetent moron to give out so many fucked up contracts.

Which obviously never happened here. :hehe: