A very, VERY awkward interview.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y08gvGpGCwA[/youtube]

superfan24

Starter
That was hilarious. Dwight looks like an absolute jackass through all this especially after his performance last night. SVG obviously should not have said that in public, but at least he's getting back at DH.
GO BULLS

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
superfan24 said:
That was hilarious. Dwight looks like an absolute jackass through all this especially after his performance last night. SVG obviously should not have said that in public, but at least he's getting back at DH.
GO BULLS

I just cant get mad at SVG here. I know its not the right thing to do, he wasnt being very professional, but after everything Dwight has put that organization through this year, how can you get upset at SVG for anything? Hes definitely a COY candidate. He dealt with the Dwight trade rumors for most of the season, and the team itself, after Dwight, isnt very talented but he gets the most out of them. Just think about what Dwight has done to this team and what he can do to it in the next few years: He could get their coach fired, GM may get fired(thats may be considered a good firing tho), he brought all of this crap into the public himself, I could argue that this is becoming worse than what Lebron and Melo did, and Dwight may still leave after the 2013 season.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've been a Magic Fan since their 1st season. There have been many soap operas that I've had to endure ... Shaq , Penny firing a coach , T-Mac , Grant Hill's ankle,,, the list is so very long.

The word here in O-Town today is that yesterday's fiasco is by far the biggest and worst moment in Magic history.

Howard is the a fucking prima donna of biblical proportions. He is a fraud.

Orlando appreciates Stan's honesty , we always have. Too bad he have to be sent packing now.... in the NBA , the inmates run the asylum . Its worse than pro wrestling nowadays.

Did I mention that Howard is a lying bitch ?

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Selassie I said:
I've been a Magic Fan since their 1st season. There have been many soap operas that I've had to endure ... Shaq , Penny firing a coach , T-Mac , Grant Hill's ankle,,, the list is so very long.

The word here in O-Town today is that yesterday's fiasco is by far the biggest and worst moment in Magic history.

Howard is the a freaking prima donna of biblical proportions. He is a fraud.

Orlando appreciates Stan's honesty , we always have. Too bad he have to be sent packing now.... in the NBA , the inmates run the asylum . Its worse than pro wrestling nowadays.

How do you think Orlando handles the rest of the season with SVG? Does he ride it out until the end, or do they make a change soon hoping for a sudden positive change for the team, like Woodson had with the Knicks. This team is still right in the middle of the pack for the Eastern Conference playoff teams.

superfan24

Starter
Selassie I said:

I heard today on the radio from the Bulls beat reporter on ESPN Chicago (formerly the magic beat guy) that Dwight was always clearly disingenuous with the media especially saying that he just wants to win a championship. Just glad that we have a hometown guy in Derrick Rose who is as genuine as they come and it is refreshing to have someone that young athlete's can look up to-just wants to win, not interested in the other stuff like howard/lebron/melo, and truly cares about the fans.
Damn Selassie once again the drama hits Orlando lol

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
JdashSTL said:
Selassie I said:

How do you think Orlando handles the rest of the season with SVG? Does he ride it out until the end, or do they make a change soon hoping for a sudden positive change for the team, like Woodson had with the Knicks. This team is still right in the middle of the pack for the Eastern Conference playoff teams.

It's hard to say what the management will do,,, that's the big question right now. Stan did make the flight to Philly for the game today. The Magic Management marches to the beat of a drum that nobody else has ever heard. And our GM Otis Smith is a baffoon. Anything's possible with this reality show known as the Magic. You guys can't even imagine the drama we've been going through ALL fucking year because of Howard.

Just last week we were in 3rd place in the Eastern Conference.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
One more thought on D12....

Most NBA Fans believe that what Lebron did to Cleveland was as bad as it gets. I used to think that too, but now I think of it this way -
Lebron disappointed Cleveland 1 time and got it over with.... Howard has been disappointing Orlando almost once a week for over a year. Way fucking worse.

steferfootball

Starter
Selassie I said:

Most NBA Fans believe that what Lebron did to Cleveland was as bad as it gets. I used to think that too, but now I think of it this way -
Lebron disappointed Cleveland 1 time and got it over with.... Howard has been disappointing Orlando almost once a week for over a year. Way freaking worse.
Lebron dissapointed cle. Many times.

"The decision " was just the egregious iceing on the cake.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Selassie I said:

Lebron disappointed Cleveland 1 time and got it over with.... Howard has been disappointing Orlando almost once a week for over a year. Way freaking worse.

Its gonna be hard for anyone to top Lebron. I really wonder how we would look back on that if "the decision" didnt happen and then the Heats preseason celebration. Once you take that away, hes just a FA exercising his right to do what he wants when his contract is up. He didnt make it publicly known that he wants to leave and demands a trade.

For Howard, its the public flip-flopping that makes everything worse. I cant imagine what it was like the whole season and especially leading up to the trade deadline. All he had to do was keep quiet and go about his business. When a reporter asks you about a trade, you just dont talk about it and talk about your next opponent. He brought this all on himself.

Everyones gonna bring up the Nuggets as a good example for how to handle issues with a star player wanting out, but they still didnt make it out of the 1st round last year, and are barely hanging on to a playoff spot this year. They have some good talent, but they could also be in the worst position you want an NBA franchise in, one of those teams thats a consistent playoff team but you know they wont make any noise in the playoffs (just like the Hawks). The Cavs are better than last year and they appear to have a bright future with Irving and can build around him. Its not gonna be easy and they are gonna need some luck along the way. As long as Howard stays in Orlando (not resigning long-term) they still should be a good team and probably wont be a lottery team. Do you think they should just trade him, or keep him until his contract is up, and hope he resigns?

steferfootball

Starter
JdashSTL said:
Everyones gonna bring up the Nuggets as a good example for how to handle issues with a star player wanting out, but they still didnt make it out of the 1st round last year, and are barely hanging on to a playoff spot this year. They have some good talent, but they could also be in the worst position you want an NBA franchise in, one of those teams thats a consistent playoff team but you know they wont make any noise in the playoffs (just like the Hawks). The Cavs are better than last year and they appear to have a bright future with Irving and can build around him. Its not gonna be easy and they are gonna need some luck along the way. As long as Howard stays in Orlando (not resigning long-term) they still should be a good team and probably wont be a lottery team. Do you think they should just trade him, or keep him until his contract is up, and hope he resigns?
To be fair, the Nuggets wern't a perennial contender with Carmelo either.

The Lakers dealing with Kobe was a good case study. They got two championships and one additional western conference title from that...not everyone is going to be as lucky as stealing Pau Gasol, but yeah. :cool:

superfan24

Starter
I believe Lebron actually wants to win a championship and DH could care less. That being said I still hate the Heat.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
steferfootball said:
JdashSTL said:
To be fair, the Nuggets wern't a perennial contender with Carmelo either.

The Lakers dealing with Kobe was a good case study. They got two championships and one additional western conference title from that...not everyone is going to be as lucky as stealing Pau Gasol, but yeah. :cool:

True, and we all know that when you trade a star player your not gonna get equal value in return. They got some decent players but in the long run it may not mean much. They may just have a few good players to keep on the team for awhile and one potential all-star (Galinari).

The best thing Orlando can do is get better players around Howard to convince him to stay. Thats why a lot of these star athletes dont stay with one team. The GMs dont do a good enough job putting talent around them. Thats why you also look at an organization like Oklahoma and realize how smart they are. They locked up their 2 studs for quite awhile and will continue to improve the pieces around them and be a consistent championship contender. You also