A tidbit from Walterfootball's mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
  • ramsb_logo.gif
    St. Louis Rams: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
    Auburn_logo.gif

The source who told us to mock Alec Ogletree and a receiver to the Rams last year informed us about a month ago that the team was "falling in love" with Khalil Mack and was strongly considering him at No. 2 overall. That was the case, but the pre-draft process is very fluid. We've learned what has been circulated throughout the media in the past few days - that the Rams will be going with Greg Robinson if they can't trade down.

Jeff Fisher has always waited on tackles, but Robinson is viewed as such a mega talent that the Rams are excited to have him on the team. Besides, protecting the fragile Sam Bradford is paramount.

Oh, and by the way, enter our NFL Mock Draft Contest. It's FREE entry and winner gets $350. There's no reason not to enter.

*** OTHER 2014 NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES: ***

1. Trade Down - I wouldn't buy into the Johnny Manziel scuttlebutt. It's all a ruse to get the Browns to trade up. It may work though, just as it did when the Vikings pretended to like Morris Claiborne over Matt Kalil, prompting Cleveland to move up for Trent Richardson.

2. Jake Matthews, OT - The Rams also like Matthews a lot, but Robinson is viewed as the superior prospect.

Pick change; previously Khalil Mack, DE/OLB

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Besides, protecting the fragile Sam Bradford is paramount.

Fuck I'm tired of this mantra. How about finally protecting the QB PERIOD!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Two directions for me if we stay at #2.
Robinson/Matthews
Watkins

The offense must be addressed with the BPA over the defense.

NO Clowney
NO Mack

jjab360

Legend
If Clowney goes no.1, Robinson is my BPA, so it's the right pick.

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 not treading lightly:
freak I'm tired of this mantra. How about finally protecting the QB PERIOD!
You know 503, if you keep calling him a pu$$y he's never going to agree to be interviewed at the ROD. :mad:

scifiman

I saw on another thread about Robinson and his pass protection was not very good at all on game film. The gist of it was if you plan on passing the ball a lot then you take Mathews. If you plan on being basically a running team then you take Robinson. I personally take Mathews. Cant lose with him. Pass blocking is superior and run blocking is good enough and will only get better. I will trust the brains in charge to pick the right guy because they know far more than me (I hope).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Trade with Cleveland would be ideal. Even if Jacksonville were to trade their pick to a team wanting an OT, then the Rams get the other one. Hope it happens.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
freak I'm tired of this mantra. How about finally protecting the QB PERIOD!
No one's disagreeing with that... the disagreement is simply whether or not the options are go OT in the Top 10 or else you're not improving the line. I personally think that's a false dilemma.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No one's disagreeing with that... the disagreement is simply whether or not the options are go OT in the Top 10 or else you're not improving the line. I personally think that's a false dilemma.
Nah man. I know we don't agree on how to skin this cat. I'm more referring to the idea that we supposedly need to protect Sam because he's fragile. How about protecting him because he is the damn QB and his being on the field without getting pounded into it is pretty fucking important. I dunno, maybe if he wasn't getting assaulted virtually every time he drops back, maybe, just maybe he wouldn't be so "fragile".

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Nah man. I know we don't agree on how to skin this cat. I'm more referring to the idea that we supposedly need to protect Sam because he's fragile. How about protecting him because he is the damn QB and his being on the field without getting pounded into it is pretty freaking important. I dunno, maybe if he wasn't getting assaulted virtually every time he drops back, maybe, just maybe he wouldn't be so "fragile".
I getcha. Sorry I presumed and made a pres out of u and me.

It's just like those who twist the idea that Sam (or any other QB) needs a competent supporting cast (OL, receivers, RB) to succeed into Sam needing a perfect supporting cast to succeed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I getcha. Sorry I presumed and made a pres out of u and me.

It's just like those who twist the idea that Sam (or any other QB) needs a competent supporting cast (OL, receivers, RB) to succeed into Sam needing a perfect supporting cast to succeed.

Yep. That gets pretty tired too. Heaven forbid that these guys would look at how well the majority of Sam's receivers have done with other QBs throwing to them. I wouldn't mind seeing Watkins in horns but in any case, I would just like to see - as you said - a level of competency with the offense as a whole so that we can really see what Sam can do.