A theory why Fisher is gone and the Rams stuck on 4 wins......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Playing like crap so your coach doesn't get paid, just means you won't get paid what you should either.
I'd think like this too, but what has happened to the defense? 4 minutes left in the Miami game, then...Hell, I can hardly recognize some of these guys...

Maybe...... but, I do find it interesting that after the opening loss to the 49ers, the Rams were competitive in every game up until 3 weeks ago. The Rams got blown out by the Saints, Patriots and Falcons in successive weeks.
And we gave Miami their game...

I have heard this show live...and when Marcellus said it, he himself didn't believe it...until the firing of Fish on Monday.

From looking at the team...sometime during the Miami game, it was like a switch flipped, a band popped...Just mistakes on top of mistakes...first Ogletree...then Donald...Tru's coverage in the endzone....they'd had enough of the offense and they basically have said, lets see what these guys with Goff are gonna do...And it's so many players, I can't tell who's a part of it or not.

Many said the same thing about Keyshawn...and he's on that same show, defending what he said...and the way Fisher & Snead were acting, I think there is some disagreement on the selection of Goff. And if I had to guess, Fish wasn't in agreement with the pick, and Snead WAS.

These dudes (Key & Dat dude) have NO REASON to lie...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So they realized this when they were up 10 with 5 minutes to go against Miami?
Gimme a break...

Hey @Mikey Ram I see the line up to 16! WOW

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'd think like this too, but what has happened to the defense? 4 minutes left in the Miami game, then...Hell, I can hardly recognize some of these guys...

I have heard this show live...and when Marcellus said it, he himself didn't believe it...until the firing of Fish on Monday.

From looking at the team...sometime during the Miami game, it was like a switch flipped, a band popped...Just mistakes on top of mistakes...first Ogletree...then Donald...Tru's coverage in the endzone....they'd had enough of the offense and they basically have said, lets see what these guys with Goff are gonna do...And it's so many players, I can't tell who's a part of it or not.

Many said the same thing about Keyshawn...and he's on that same show, defending what he said...and the way Fisher & Snead were acting, I think there is some disagreement on the selection of Goff. And if I had to guess, Fish wasn't in agreement with the pick, and Snead WAS.

This is what I don't understand about that idea that Fisher maybe didn't want Goff.

The story was that Fisher saw Goff when he was a Sophomore when he went to see his son who is at Cal. That was directly from Mike Silver. The story was that it was FISHER who "discovered" Goff and was keeping tabs on this young gun and following him, not Snead, and Snead was brought on board.

That was the story directly from Silver who was Fisher's friend and media confidant. So, I just don't get how anyone can think that Goff, somehow, was SNEAD's pick.

If anyone, Goff was FISHER's pick... and maybe Snead had his doubts about giving up all those picks when there were other QBs like Wentz, Prescott and Paxton Lynch.

That presumes they didn't get on the same page... which... I dunno. I dunno that there's any evidence to suggest that they weren't on the same page.

But if they weren't, I think there's ample evidence out there to more than suggest that Goff was all Fisher.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Maybe...... but, I do find it interesting that after the opening loss to the 49ers, the Rams were competitive in every game up until 3 weeks ago. The Rams got blown out by the Saints, Patriots and Falcons in successive weeks.

And they did this to get a coach fired that by ALL accounts was very well liked by the players ?? And i wonder where the players would have gotten details of Fisher's contract...Somebody in management (and same management people told them to take a dive) ?? Really ??? At least they probably won't have to roll over to get get hammered into submission tonight, I 'm guessing...Seattle coming off of a humiliating beating last week, at home, tired of looking bad against the Rams and still needing wins to have a shot at home field advantage...Nothing jumps out there and says probable upset by the 12 1/2 'dogs...It just doesn't hold even a thimble-full of water for me...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

When Goff replaced Keenum was there a tear in the locker room? Did it appear as giving up on the season so why bother taking a chance of getting hurt? Screw it we're done for this year any ways, they aren't even going to try and win games any more?

It wouldn't be the first time and I've got nothing to give it any credence but it was one of my concerns after Goff wasn't ready to start the year. Careers in the NFL are too short to give away a year so someone can get OJT.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A friend sent me this late last night. I thought I would have seen posted by now.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/1...ers-effort-tanking-threw-game-marcellus-wiley

Tyrone Biggums.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So they realized this when they were up 10 with 5 minutes to go against Miami?
You do remember the game? I think we scored on the first drive...Maybe kicked a FG later...But the offense was a series of 3 & outs...bumbling through the game. And yep, looked like the D just said eff it...Couple of silly penalties later...by some noted TEAM LEADERS (Ogletree, Donald), then Tru's attempt at a pass breakup on the winning TD. Even Landry's TD looked like a sure sign that some had given up...and could care less. He was pushed in from 8 yards out...wrapped in Aaron Donald. Let that sink in...

The story was that Fisher saw Goff when he was a Sophomore when he went to see his son who is at Cal. That was directly from Mike Silver. The story was that it was FISHER who "discovered" Goff and was keeping tabs on this young gun and following him, not Snead, and Snead was brought on board.

That was the story directly from Silver who was Fisher's friend and media confidant. So, I just don't get how anyone can think that Goff, somehow, was SNEAD's pick.
That's Sliver/Silva's story...And anyone that watched Pac-12 ball could see that Goff would be pretty good. So, did Fisher DISCOVER Goff? Doubtful...I don't think he has enough time to watch college ball during the season..Packaging the farm good is another story. And all you have to do is look at Goff. Is he significantly better than at the beginning of the season? He still stares down targets...Probably due to scheme...And, I don't see ANY difference in the game plan from week one. Keyshawn said it was OWNERSHIP's pick...I'm speculating Snead backed the pick and made it happen, while Fish never liked it much at all. Didn't ALLOW Goff to really get ready...Actually set it up for him to look bad...playing him behind a ravaged 2nd & 3rd unit offensive line. Hence, the kid doesn't start. Even Goff himself said he was ready months ago...IDK Mac....You explain how the number 6 defense gives up 550 yards? something that hasn't happened to this unit in YEARS????

And they did this to get a coach fired that by ALL accounts was very well liked by the players ??
Yeah....If the players LIKED losing, then he was well liked. Gurley can say all he wants that it's not on the coaches. WE DEBATE IN HERE, AD NAUSEAUM THAT IT'S THE COACHES RESPONSIBILITY TO GET THE PLAYERS IN POSITION TO WIN. MIDDLE SCHOOL OFFENSE...who did he direct that remark to? The players??? Who hired, and DEFENDED the architect that designed and runs the John Muir offense? If that's a friend who likes me...I'd hate to see how he treats his enemies.

they did it to ensure that Fish isn't here in 2017...because players wanna win...they did it to ensure that another Fish croony isn't running the offense in 2017. Probably did it to ensure that Greg Williams isn't here with the bend but don't break till we're left on the field all day defense is changed into a more sound scheme. And I mean from up high...Team leaders...Donald, Tree, TJ Mac...and probably Tru...Guys that know their NFL futures are safe. The was only one guy on offense that could say something...and he did.

What makes you guys think Wiley & Keyshawn are just making this up? Hell, I'm pretty sure ED has something to do with it too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah....If the players LIKED losing, then he was well liked. Gurley can say all he wants that it's not on the coaches. WE DEBATE IN HERE, AD NAUSEAUM THAT IT'S THE COACHES RESPONSIBILITY TO GET THE PLAYERS IN POSITION TO WIN. MIDDLE SCHOOL OFFENSE...who did he direct that remark to? The players???
Yes. He said, unequivocally, that it has nothing to do with coaches. Gurley just wants to win, and if he feels like players around him aren't playing well enough to achieve that goal, then I guess he felt it incumbent upon himself to say it. He was asked point blank if it had to do with coaching, and he didn't skip a beat. No. It's on us. That's what he said. As I said before, we can't laud him for his brutal honesty and then call him a liar in the same breath. He's either entirely truthful, or he's entirely full of shit.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He was asked point blank if it had to do with coaching, and he didn't skip a beat. No. It's on us.
If the players are as capable as Gurley believes, who's job is it to get the players ready? If you can't get capable players to perform, who's that on? If the players are NOT as good as Gurley believes, who's responsible for drafting/selecting said players? All roads lead to one answer, all one needs to do is follow the signs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If the players are as capable as Gurley believes, who's job is it to get the players ready? If you can't get capable players to perform, who's that on? If the players are NOT as good as Gurley believes, who's responsible for drafting/selecting said players? All roads lead to one answer, all one needs to do is follow the signs.
I understand your point, and I'm not trying to discredit it. If I may offer another angle, though, what if the players are ready? All reports from players lead me to believe that everything clicks in practice. They always say they have good practices and are able to execute. So what if they're just not very bright? What if we drafted the wrong *kind* of players? That of course is an indictment of Snead AND Fisher, but I can't necessarily trash them for taking a chance on athletically gifted players in the hopes that they'd hit on more of them than not. I had a discussion with someone on here (my memory sucks), and he agreed that the Rams value freak athletes over blue-collar grunts, but that it might have been the wrong strategy to take so many chances and overreach in that regard. Usually established teams with great cores take chances on players like that instead of accumulating many of them. That's where I think we went wrong. We should have filled out the roster with fundamentally sound players who are game-smart first. And THEN start drafting the freaks. That, to me, doesn't signify a coaching failure. Just a failure of vision and implementation. So yeah, you're right in that regard (and so was Demoff). It was an Organizational failure, but that doesn't automatically equate to a failure of coaching. Does that make any sense? I tried to put that together the best way I could.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
That's Sliver/Silva's story...And anyone that watched Pac-12 ball could see that Goff would be pretty good. So, did Fisher DISCOVER Goff? Doubtful...I don't think he has enough time to watch college ball during the season..Packaging the farm good is another story. And all you have to do is look at Goff. Is he significantly better than at the beginning of the season? He still stares down targets...Probably due to scheme...And, I don't see ANY difference in the game plan from week one. Keyshawn said it was OWNERSHIP's pick...I'm speculating Snead backed the pick and made it happen, while Fish never liked it much at all. Didn't ALLOW Goff to really get ready...Actually set it up for him to look bad...playing him behind a ravaged 2nd & 3rd unit offensive line. Hence, the kid doesn't start. Even Goff himself said he was ready months ago...IDK Mac....You explain how the number 6 defense gives up 550 yards? something that hasn't happened to this unit in YEARS????

I'm not trying to get into all that. My point was that Fisher actually DID watch Cal football because his SON was a student there and as I recall, he attended games there during the year out of coaching to spend time with him. That's when Fisher noticed Goff...according to Silver.

Now... I dunno if that's true or not. That's the story Fisher told Silver and I have no reason to think it's not true.

Fisher has a HISTORY of sitting rookies and expecting rookies to adapt to his system rather than adapting his systems to best get rookies functioning as most of the rest of the NFL does. So, as I said in the off-season (and got a lot of people upset saying it), Fisher was gonna be Fisher.

Even Aaron Donald didn't start... Think about that. Even at OTAs as a rookie, he looked like the BEST defensive player on the DL...and that included a healthy Robert Quinn. And HE STILL DIDN'T START. That's Fisher. So if Fisher wouldn't start Aaron Donald, why would I be surprised that he wouldn't start Goff. And if that was the plan, then that inherently meant that Keenum was going to have to get more reps with the 1s and that Goff would get reps with the 2s and 3s. That's just the logistics of the Fisher way.

Now, we've already been down the rabbit hole about how much I disagreed with that then...and the year BEFORE that when the logistics of the Fisher way squandered any development time for Mannion.

And honestly, I dunno about the defense. Some of it may just be that "the avalanche effect" happened. The last snowflake fell, dislodged a few loose flakes which caused a small slide. The pressure of the moving snow ....on and on and chain reaction later...avalanche. Those games could have been that. Drop here and miscue there and... avalanche.

But, anyway... I'm not so much saying that Fisher "discovered" Goff out of everyone in the football universe... No, I mean that as far as the Rams organization went... Fisher would have been the one to be first on the Goff train and be the highest on him. A Goff pick would most certainly be a Fisher pick. Unless EVERYTHING was a lie, then the logistics of Fisher's life since he left Tennessee point to this being true. I mean, he brought his kids into it. I don't think he's lying about that.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But, anyway... I'm not so much saying that Fisher "discovered" Goff out of everyone in the football universe... No, I mean that as far as the Rams organization went... Fisher would have been the one to be first on the Goff train and be the highest on him. A Goff pick would most certainly be a Fisher pick. Unless EVERYTHING was a lie, then the logistics of Fisher's life since he left Tennessee point to this being true. I mean, he brought his kids into it. I don't think he's lying about that.

If Fisher liked Goff enough to trade all those picks , he deserves to be fired . Dude can't throw ....

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I think tonight showed he can throw. And watch his key throws get dropped I over and over and over...