A statistical look at the Rams offense (thru 4 weeks)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sticking with stats that aren't skewed by number of games played due to bye...

Passing 1st Down %: 40.4 (5th in NFL)
Passing Attempts/Game: 39 (6th in NFL)
Passing Average Yards: 7.8 (T-10th in NFL)

Rushing Yards per Game: 109 (19th in NFL)
Rushing Attempts/Game: 29 (T-19th in NFL)
Rushing Average Yards: 4.2 (T-16th in NFL)

I postulated a little while back that this passing game is so potent that it may dictate what kind of offense we have this season in spite of Fisher's known love of the running game. At this point, the evidence is pointing to the fact the Rams offense is turning into a passing offense.

The passing game is clearly behind the sustainment of drives and the gaudy yardage totals the Rams offense is putting up. It's going to be interesting to see what the stats look like after our upcoming 2 game bout with the NFC West defensive juggernauts.

Personally I love what I'm seeing. Offense just needs to lower the turnovers which might happen as they continue to gel and grow in confidence of what they're doing, the knowledge that they can push that passing game against anyone.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I have a lot of trust in this offense. I'm still optimistic our defense simply hasnt gelled and that will come, starting with the Niners. There has't been a better time to get hot and figure it out. We'll be a very tough out down the stretch, too.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
You said postulated....

butt-head-small.jpg

Agree with your assessment. This teams strength will be it's offense it seams. Who'da thunk it huh?? If this D ever pulls its collective head out of it's ass, we may actually see something resembling consistency from this team.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Sticking with stats that aren't skewed by number of games played due to bye...

Passing 1st Down %: 40.4 (5th in NFL)
Passing Attempts/Game: 39 (6th in NFL)
Passing Average Yards: 7.8 (T-10th in NFL)

Rushing Yards per Game: 109 (19th in NFL)
Rushing Attempts/Game: 29 (T-19th in NFL)
Rushing Average Yards: 4.2 (T-16th in NFL)

I postulated a little while back that this passing game is so potent that it may dictate what kind of offense we have this season in spite of Fisher's known love of the running game. At this point, the evidence is pointing to the fact the Rams offense is turning into a passing offense.

The passing game is clearly behind the sustainment of drives and the gaudy yardage totals the Rams offense is putting up. It's going to be interesting to see what the stats look like after our upcoming 2 game bout with the NFC West defensive juggernauts.

Personally I love what I'm seeing. Offense just needs to lower the turnovers which might happen as they continue to gel and grow in confidence of what they're doing, the knowledge that they can push that passing game against anyone.

I agree totally with what you just said here. It does look as if our offense as evolved into a potent passing offense. I like the fact that each week Quick and Britt or getting better. Because of that we see Cook being left one on one or Tavon Austin. If this continues then yes we may see the spread type offense they wanted at the beginning of last year mixed with a nice running game.

I just hope we can get this defense fixed the Rams or avg about 24 or 25 points a game enough to win if we could just stop teams on third down. We have to stop giving up 3 or 4 big plays a game. We could easily be 3-1 right now.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
These stats are all better than last years. If the D can live up to our expectations, My Bet on the Rams Winning the Div. is Safe!!:D

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
You said postulated....

butt-head-small.jpg

Agree with your assessment. This teams strength will be it's offense it seams. Who'da thunk it huh?? If this D ever pulls its collective head out of it's ass, we may actually see something resembling consistency from this team.
Huh huh huh huh... you said ass. Then you said it again. Huh huh huh huh...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well there is a little wrinkle. We've had to pass a lot to get back in the game, so thee is that.

I have no comaplints though, we have a passing attack that is clearly working very well.

TexasRam

Legend
Bucs Cowboys and Eagles.

Our offense needs to prove it against the tougher defenses.

But I'm a believer in Austin Davis.

Davis has made every conceivable throw look easy. The back shoulder throw he seems to have mastered. The throw on the run. The touch throws underneath and in the flat etc.

Most impressive is his quick setup and reading of defenses to get the ball out quick.

And let's not forget his scrambling ability which is right there with a Russell Wilson. I suspect Davis will tuck and run more in the coming weeks to extend drives.

Very Bree's like.

But let's do it against the Niners before we claim to have an NFL offense.

jjab360

Legend
The defenses are only going to get tougher, but Davis is only getting better.

There's a chance he's just another Case Keenum, but Keenum had a glaring flaw that was pretty easy to gameplan around. He couldn't pass out of the pocket. Deadly on bootlegs and scramble drills, though.

Davis doesn't really have any glaring flaws outside of maybe a lack of ball velocity, so I don't think he'll take a nosedive like Keenum (and a couple other backup QBs before him) did last year.