A Pretty Pic From Sunday's Disappointing Loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Game

Living The Dream
ab440f6e30bb5925600f6a7067002e42.jpg

The 51 yard bomb from Davis To Quick!!

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Such a beautiful play by both of em, DAVIS-to-QUICK all year baby!

RamzFanz

Damnit
If he hadn't of been interfered with, there would have been another TD just as pretty!

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
If he hadn't of been interfered with, there would have been another TD just as pretty!

He almost caught it anyway! That was very impressive.

If he would've held on it would've been one of the best catches I've ever seen.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
How do you not roll with Davis? Damn...

I mean he had a 300 yard game with 3 TD's and isn't 34. Come on!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
You left out the terrible interception for TD that put us down by 10.

Just sayin'.

I know you're just sayin'. However, has he not gotten better with more reps? That was his first moment in the furnis of the NFL. For what I've seen, he's learned quickly from his mistakes.

I can't get over Hill throwing that brutal pick against the Vikes, either. Granted, Davis had a clean pocket for 4 quarters. Hill didn't have a clean pocket for four consecutive snaps that game.

I guess I'll keep an open mind to going with Hill.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I know you're just sayin'. However, has he not gotten better with more reps? That was his first moment in the furnis of the NFL. For what I've seen, he's learned quickly from his mistakes.

I can't get over Hill throwing that brutal pick against the Vikes, either. Granted, Davis had a clean pocket for 4 quarters. Hill didn't have a clean pocket for four consecutive snaps that game.

I guess I'll keep an open mind to going with Hill.

I love that it's a tough decision. In all honesty, Davis played really well but a lot of playing really well are the players around you. Does Hill do any better against the Cowboys? I don't think so. But will Hill be better against the Niners and Hawks? I think so, but I'm starting to doubt. Davis made some great throws.

Athos

Legend
Davis won't continue to improve without real game action.

That was a beautiful ball to Quick.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hill, or Davis, with Quick We'll Win at least 6 of the next 8!!:D

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Great play, but when I look at it I notice his eyes don't appear to be looking at the ball. Still a great "pitch and catch." Man I hate that phrase. You pitch in baseball not football.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You left out the terrible interception for TD that put us down by 10.

Just sayin'.

Terrible interception wouldn't have happened if Cook had caught the easy TD pass or if Harkey had picked up the blitzer effectively. And Hill threw a terrible interception against Minnesota(although the injury can be argued as a contributing factor).

Just sayin'.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Terrible interception wouldn't have happened if Cook had caught the easy TD pass or if Harkey had picked up the blitzer effectively. And Hill threw a terrible interception against Minnesota(although the injury can be argued as a contributing factor).

Just sayin'.

Possibly...but it did. I'll find a rug for you to brush it under.

I prefer to look at the whole picture.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Possibly...but it did. I'll find a rug for you to brush it under.

I prefer to look at the whole picture.

Do you? Because it seems to me that you just disregarded elements of the picture in favor of your narrow view. Go get the rug.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Do you? Because it seems to me that you just disregarded elements of the picture in favor of your narrow view. Go get the rug.

Please enlighten me as to what you're talking about.

I've given plenty credit to Davis in multiple threads. But I can't ignore that INT as you've done, and another pass in the 1st quarter to the same level that hit another Cowboys LB in the leg and luckily fell to the turf. He's shown the same issues in past preseasons.

It was a good performance especially considering his place on the depth chart, but he made some bad mistakes that ended up costing us. Should we have been in that position? I wish not, but we were, and that Cowboys pick six became the nail in the coffin. Unless I'm imagining things...

All in all he's far exceeded my expectations and, as I've said before, if Fisher decides he's the guy going forward I will understand the decision. But he's going to have to avoid the backbreaker mistakes, especially when we play against teams that actually have respectable defenses.

I'll be ecstatic when his play needs no excuses.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Please enlighten me as to what you're talking about.

I've given plenty credit to Davis in multiple threads. But I can't ignore that INT as you've done, and another pass in the 1st quarter to the same level that hit another Cowboys LB in the leg and luckily fell to the turf. He's shown the same issues in past preseasons.

It was a good performance especially considering his place on the depth chart, but he made some bad mistakes that ended up costing us. Should we have been in that position? I wish not, but we were, and that Cowboys pick six became the nail in the coffin. Unless I'm imagining things...

All in all he's far exceeded my expectations and, as I've said before, if Fisher decides he's the guy going forward I will understand the decision. But he's going to have to avoid the backbreaker mistakes, especially when we play against teams that actually have respectable defenses.

I'll be ecstatic when his play needs no excuses.

That's a bit presumptuous, the nail in the coffin came long before the INT and trying to pin the loss on Davis seems more like trying to knock Davis than anything else.

The defense giving up several scores to let the other team come back and giving them the momentum wasn't more of a nail in the coffin? The bad snap that deprived us of much needed points? Jared Cook dropping an easy touchdown pass before turning into a big baby on the sideline? Even pundits agree these were much more distressing. I won't try to pretend his interception wasn't bad, but trying to place the blame squarely on him is a bit of a RamStalk move. He wasn't remotely the killer of that game.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
That's a bit presumptuous, the nail in the coffin came long before the INT and trying to pin the loss on Davis seems more like trying to knock Davis than anything else..

Please quote where I said anything close to this loss being Austin Davis's fault. You won't see it, because I never said it.

I simply said that's a throw that can't be made and it's the second time he did it in this particular game. Luckily he got away with it the first time. I was wrong when I said it was a LB, but it was the RE Jeremy Mincey that had dropped into zone coverage, that Davis hit in the thigh with the ball. Could've been a pick but, you know...lineman hands.

I've also specifically said in other threads that I put nearly all of the blame on the defense and the coaching staff.

In the future, I encourage you to read multiple posts before forming an opinion. I may criticize parts of a player's game, but I'm very fair, and hand out praise more often than not.