A Post-Suh Memento Mock Draft.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, Suh has signed for a reasonable price, so let's get to the draft...with a trade first! Ready? No? Fuck it, let's do it anyway!

Trade

Mark Barron to the Indianapolis Colts for #104 overall (fourth) and #178 overall (sixth).

(I like Barron, but I see him as an eventual cap casualty next year, so I want to get something for him beforehand. Anyway, Indy needs a WILL linebacker for their new 4-3, so a Barron trade makes sense for both sides.)

Draft

#23 overall - Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State. (6'4", 256 lbs.)

(Remember back in the 2014 draft where one of our targets - if Donald never fell - was C.J. Mosley? Here's our own C.J. Mosley, except better. Vander Esch has insane athleticism for his size and covers like a safety. He's just as good at stuffing the run, rushing the passer, doing whatever needs doing.)

#87 overall - Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State. (6'1", 205 lbs.)

(An underrated deep threat, Gallup reminds me of a faster Robert Woods with his route-running, his soft hands, and sneaky speed. He only ran a 4.51 forty at the Combine, but he's much faster in pads. Gallup is just a solid football player who should be ready from day one.)

#104 overall (Colts) - Shaquem Griffin, ILB, UCF. (6'0", 227 lbs.)

(Griffin is an inspiration and also a hell of a good football player. Can you imagine him and LVE roaming the same field for us? I can, and it'll be glorious.)

#111 overall (Dolphins) - Kemoko Turay, OLB, Rutgers. (6'5", 252 lbs.)

(Injuries are the only reason why Turay - who dominated the East/West Shrine game - falls here. He's an explosive pass-rusher who needs work, but can eventually be groomed as a starter.)

#135 overall (Giants) - Hercules Mata'afa, OLB, Washington State. (6'1". 254 lbs.)

(A former defensive tackle who will make the shift to a 3-4 linebacker, Mata'afa is a technically-sound pass rusher who should back up our other linebackers and play special teams.)

#176 overall - Isaac Yiadom, CB, Boston College. (6'1", 190 lbs.)

(Yiadom's comparison on NFL.com is actually Bashaud Breeland. That immediately caused me to look into him more, and I'm quite glad that I did. Like Breeland, Yiadom is a press corner at heart, and he's a willing tackler. For now, he fits on special teams, where he's been great at.)

#183 overall (Dolphins) - Dane Cruikshank, FS, Arizona. (6'1", 206 lbs.)

(Cruikshank fits at free safety behind Joyner, taking the role that Cody Davis filled. He needs work in coverage, but he has incredible ball skills, and is a willing tackler.)

#194 overall (Lions) - Alex Cappa, OT/OG, Humboldt State. (6'7", 305 lbs.)

(Cappa is our Whitworth successor. He's from a small school, so he'll need time to mature, but I think that he could - with time in the weight room - eventually take over for big Whit.)

#195 overall (Bills) - Timon Parris, OT/OG, Stony Brook. (6'5", 320 lbs.)

(Parris is the second small school lineman who needs to mature behind our offensive line. I can see him replacing either Havenstein, Brown, or Saffold, dependng on whom is released/re-signed.)

#198 overall - Jamil Demby, OG/OT, Maine. (6'5", 335 lbs.)

(Demby is another small school lineman who needs time to mature. Thankfully, we have the offensive line able to do that. I could see him taking over for Brown or Saffold.)

Team

QB - Jared Goff, Sean Mannion.
RB - Todd Gurley, Tavon Austin, Malcolm Brown, Sam Rogers.
WR - Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Pharoh Cooper, Josh Reynolds, Mike Thomas.
TE - Gerald Everett, Tyler Higbee, Temarrick Hemingway.
OL - Andrew Whitworth, Rodger Saffold, John Sullivan, Jamon Brown, Rob Havenstein, Austin Blythe, Jake Eldrenkamp, Alex Cappa, Timon Parris, Jamil Demby.
DL - Aaron Donald, Ndamukong Suh, Michael Brockers, Tanzel Smart, Ethan Westbrooks, Morgan Fox/?Dominique Easley.
LB - Samson Ebukam, Leighton Vander Esch, Shaquem Griffin, Matt Longacre, Kemoko Turay, Hercules Mata'afa, Cory Littleton, Ejuan Price, Ramik Wilson/Bryce Hager.
DB - Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib, Lamarcus Joyner, John Johnson III, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Sam Shields, Isaac Yiadom, Dane Cruikshank, Troy Hill/Kevin Peterson, Blake Countess/Marqui Christian. Kayvon Webster (PUP, replaces Hill/Peterson).
K - Greg Zuerlein
P - Johnny Hekker
LS - Jake McQuaide

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A lot of good players, Memento. Great work!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Love the love for Yiadom, but would be surprised if he fell that far. Cant see him falling much past the 4th. Im guessing he goes in the 3rd. Honestly I know the positions are different but I like Yiadom as a player more than Johnson last year. Thats not a knock on Johnson, just Yiadom is a good player.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nice draft @Memento however, I still don't believe Sam Rogers will make the team....Great job with OL depth and can't go drafting a wide receiver with the surname of Gallup.