A Pattern?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley VS Patriots Super Bowl Loma loss: 10 Carries

Gurley VS Falcons 2017 Playoff loss: 10 carries

I don’t think Gurley was injured last year in playoffs

Why does this keep happening? If you have the Best Running Back in the game, you better have a scheme to give him his touches.

I think Sean gets baited into going away from Gurley....a bad mistake.

Sony Michel has 18 carries. He didn’t get much for 3 1/2 quarters, but Patriots gave him enough chances to finally hit a few.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I think CJ Anderson was also a distraction from getting Gurley involved. Malcolm Brown getting injured really hurt us.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hard call . Wanted to start a thread about Sean McVay. I have a solid view point , but it’s just that right now. I’m sure I’ll start a thread about my thoughts later.

I am upset Gurley was not an outlet though. Gurley is such a good Wr for a RB out of the backfield. In training camp he puts in hours after practice working on that skill set. Gotta love Gurley & I appreciate the work CJ Anderson during games.
Wonder if he gets resigned?? McVay put his trust in him.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard call . Wanted to start a thread about Sean McVay. I have a solid view point , but it’s just that right now. I’m sure I’ll start a thread about my thoughts later.

I am upset Gurley was not an outlet though. Gurley is such a good Wr for a RB out of the backfield. In training camp he puts in hours after practice working on that skill set. Gotta love Gurley & I appreciate the work CJ Anderson during games.
Wonder if he gets resigned?? McVay put his trust in him.
I’d absolutely resign CJ next year

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I don't know what happened to Todd and McVay, and whether they had some behind the scenes bust up. Who knows. Its very strange for him to have got so little use and to not have the offence game plan built around him if he's healthy.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's incredibly strange . Even if he's hurt I feel like you should use your Superstar in the big game. I'd have a hard time looking Gurley in the eye after talking all week about how he was gonna be a key cog .Ten carries . Sheesh .And what happened to the screen game?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Jason Bell (former DB) was on the BBC coverage over here and he was convinced Gurley's knee isn't right but they kept denying there was a problem so as to force NE to still have to prepare for him.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
I’m convinced he’s hurt and now the team is trying to avoid getting in trouble with the league for not properly disclosing an injury.

Because the alternative—that Gurley is healthy and McVay decided to give him 14 total carries over the 2 biggest games of the season—is too crazy to be true. CJ Anderson is a nice player, but he’s not Todd Gurley. And for him to get more snaps than Todd over the past 2 games is pretty telling that there is an injury.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Patriots were stopping the run. They blew up the zone blocking scheme. Running more wouldn’t help.

Then you have Todd’s knee. Is it worth risking a tear? It appears to be injured. He was limping on the sideline. The Gurley talk at the beginning of the game was a weak attempt to throw the Patriots off.

No, Gurley and McVay aren’t fighting with each other.

H.Birdman

UDFA
Name
Harvey
I’m going to go Full Martz and say we ran the ball too much. NE was geared up to shut down the run, something they did very well against other teams. All but one or two of the handoffs to Gurley and CJ put us in a bad down and distance. The offense only started to click when Goff took over. Game plan should have built around him, not the rbs. He won the Saints game, he could won this one too with a little more help. Where were the plays for the TEs? Why AGAIN does McVay keep calling for throws to our shortest WR in the end zone?