A ‘Nothing’ Season for Rams Turns Into Compelling TV/MMQB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A ‘Nothing’ Season for Rams Turns Into Compelling TV

by Kalyn Kahler

What’s interesting about an NFL team losing 75 percent of its games and firing its head coach before the end of the season? Plenty, as the NFL Films creators behind the Amazon Original series ‘All or Nothing’ learned

On Dec. 12, in a team meeting room, Los Angeles Rams punter Johnny Hekker fights back tears as he stands to address his teammates.
“That man is gone because of us,” Hekker says.

He’s talking about head coach Jeff Fisher, who has just left the room for the last time. Some of his former players openly sob, others sit in stunned silence, processing the fact that their leader was fired that morning.

The aftermath of Jeff Fisher’s post-Week 14 dismissal is one of the most compelling scenes from NFL Films Amazon Original series, All or Nothing: A Season with the Los Angeles Rams. In its first season, the series followed the 2015 Arizona Cardinals, a 13-3 team that was one win away from reaching the Super Bowl. This season in L.A. went an entirely different direction—a franchise on the move, a losing season, and organizational dysfunction. The MMQB talked to NFL Films coordinating producer and All or Nothing show runner Keith Cossrow and the director of the series, Shannon Furman, about the challenges of making the 4-12 Rams season into a compelling series of binge TV.

Read Complete Article
[mmqb.si.com]

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm still in the middle of watching it, but what it has done is remind me of the humanity of sport / team / players / coaches. I've been vocal enough in the past about certain players or coaches, because they didn't reach MY standards, these guys are still just guys.

I"ve got to be honest Fisher doesn't 'fire me up' though, he's comes across as being very lacklustre, and Gregg Williams needs a swear-box - thats would be the end of global poverty right there...

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Who was the guy who spoke before Hekker? They never showed who it was.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Many of these players had only played for Fisher, and most had never experienced playoff football. They can cry about how great a coach he was, they don't know anything else.

A lot of players thought this was a free year because they moved and had a lot of other stuff to go through

From one of the creators of All or Nothing, and that's the part that makes me want to cry. "Free year", what is that? This organization goes nowhere until losing is regarded as unacceptable.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This organization goes nowhere until losing is regarded as unacceptable.

I thought they did that when the fired fisher. They were ok with it leading up to the move and last year because fisher was still in charge but it seems different now. Any team worried about winning would've fired fisher 2 seasons ago but Stan was more worried about moving and making money. Now a staff had been assembled that can make the rams win. Hopefully.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Compelling TV?:rolllaugh::censored::sadwalk::sleepz::coffee:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone ever work for a manager who was a really great guy/gal but just didn't cut it and got fired or replaced? You felt terrible for them but then the new manager came in and got things straightened out?
That's how I see how this is playing out. Fisher seems a really cool guy who really wanted things to work. He just couldn't make it work