A Look Towards the Rams 2016 Free Agents(Poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who should be the Rams top priority?

• Jenkins

Votes: 89 74.8%
  • Quick

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Hayes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barron

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Johnson

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • Zuerlein

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Harkey

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The money is a fair point. If there are substantial cost savings, it might well be wise to roll with him over Jenkins. But I just don't see Tru coming cheaply at all. Maybe I am wrong. But as was mentioned, in addition to being a solid CB he still produces quite a few INTs, even if he doesn't take them to the house as often as Jenkins. He's going to want to get paid. I think we are going to have to choose between them. But we still have EJ Gaines. And Marcus Roberson - who was regarded as 1st round talent for some time before the draft - has looked very good in his limited targets by the opposition. We should be okay at CB whether we keep Jenkins, Johnson, or both.

I think we keep one. I forgot about Roberson, he's not too bad. Joyner's performance this year will play in to it too. Keeping both is a best case scenario, but I doubt we do. Perhaps there's some dead weight that can be cut to keep them.

Like Cook...:whistle:

fearsomefour

Legend
I think we keep one. I forgot about Roberson, he's not too bad. Joyner's performance this year will play in to it too. Keeping both is a best case scenario, but I doubt we do. Perhaps there's some dead weight that can be cut to keep them.

Like Cook...:whistle:
They need to prioritize and get their number signed before FA begins. It depends what they will demand on the open market. Before any extra cuts or redoing any deals the Rams will be $40M under the cap, so, they have some room.
Prioritizing is important....JJ, Johnson, Barron, Quick, Barnes, all guys they should keep.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have a feeling Jenkins is going to be asking for too much money. I'm also not a fan of his mental lapses or risk taking. I'd much rather pay less for Trumaine who seems to be a little more consistent but still comes up with INTs.
What mental lapses. There haven't been any this year and look at the talent of the receivers he has faced. He hasn't bit on the double move not once this year and qbs are noticing that he was targeted 1 time in GB 1 time. And that was a incompletion

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well .. Barron is Listed as a SS! Ogletree is injured, and we don't know when he'll be back! Dunbar just rejoined the Team, and we don't know what kind of game shape he's in. Bates is "OK". Lynch & Hager, IMHO, the votes are still out on these two! That leaves JL and Ayers. So, yes, I call it "Thin at LB!"

V3

Hall of Fame
The money is my thought too. Jenkins is playing well, I don't have any complaints about his last couple of games, but we've got lots o people needing resigning, and some big holes still to fill on offense. I think probably JJ is the best corner, but is he going to be worth the money he'll command vs Tru? Who knows what the cap will be next year but if we're tight, I'd rather keep Tru and go after a #1 WR.
That's exactly why I want to go with the cheaper option. We still have too many holes to fill and lots of other players that need to be re-signed- and that applies for 2017 too. IMO Jenkins isn't an elite CB that deserves what I think he'll be demanding.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's exactly why I want to go with the cheaper option. We still have too many holes to fill and lots of other players that need to be re-signed- and that applies for 2017 too. IMO Jenkins isn't an elite CB that deserves what I think he'll be demanding.
I also think Jenkins will be asking for a lot of money. Clearly, he thinks a lot of himself.

Jenkins... Johnson... either or depending on the money.

I think I'll wait to see how they do the rest of the season. All it takes is one game with a few bonehead mistakes and nobody here will want to sign either of them. :LOL:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Gotcha!(y) Obviously I didn't understand where you were coming from!:cool:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My heart goes to Jenkins, but my finger clicked GZ! Ha! A leg like his comes around once in a blue moon. It's a long season and if he gets his head on straight, I think his contribution to the team could be the difference in many games. We aren't putting up a lot of points so to win by 1, 2 or 3 points could be all due to GZ in the clutch. I'm not throwing in the towel yet on the guy but he does drive us crazy with his inconsistent kicking.
Jenkins is amazing and for once we have a scary good secondary.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
this is fucking depressing hearing the peices we could lose. this was our window of opportunity as a contender with easily a Top 5 defense and our last missing piece this year has been the Oline that's bringing down the whole team. Imagine if we just had maybe a 12th ranked line Gurley would be RECORD BREAKIING and Foles couldve thrived. But it's nowhere near ready and getting worse without Saffold I said before if he went down it could mean the season. Saffolds being evaluated on a possible right torn labrum. cross your fingers he's ok and by some miracle the Oline gets their shit together through the bye week.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to keep all the DBs here. Well, I won't complain if we upgrade on McLeod. But I'd like to keep Jenkins, Johnson, and Barron.(and McDonald when his time comes)

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
May be drafting a DE high this year. Sims, Hayes, and Long are all over 30.

Even though I don't wanna admit this, Bud Dupree was my #1 option if the main guys like the Iowa OLman, Cooper, White etc. were not there. I wanted Dupree to step in for Long if he got hurt.

With that said, I didn't know Gurley was the supreme player he was. I didn't know he was this much better than Gordon. Many kudos to Snisher on that one.

People can say what they want about Snisher. Fact is they've instilled a nucleus of talent for long term success that was not previously there outside of a few players like JL55, Quinn, and CL91. These guys are well deserving of a contract extension. Also loving Greg Williams. Honestly, he may be my favorite coach on the team. I want them all extended.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I voted Barron. I'd sign him first. Reasoning:

Jenks scares me with a big money contract. This is the first year he's finally put a lot of his mental errors aside, and guess what? It's his contract season imagine that. Looking at the CB position we will have Gaines and Joyner returning and I am sure the Rams will try to sign one of Jenks/Tru however there is a lot of risk there in my estimation. Right now I'll bet Snead is stacking next draft's CB class and that will factor in to their decision I am sure just like last year's class did with OL.

Barron, meanwhile, has significantly improved value to the Rams due to the way Williams uses him. Also, box safeties are not nearly as coveted as CBs, so I am sure the Rams will get him signed at some point probably before FA hits for a reasonable price. He is just a really nice fit for this defense and also provides insurance for LB depth.

Note that I think the Rams ARE going to sign Jenks simply due to the risk of the draft and because defense comes first to this regime. But if it were me I would draft CB and spend that FA cash on someone who can help the offense particularly at wideout.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Also loving Greg Williams. Honestly, he may be my favorite coach on the team.

I see it the same re: GW. As I watch his interviews and how well he handles the media, not to mention the way he gets the most from his squad and his track record, it is a shame to me that he's not a head coach. I realize the scandal will keep that from happening probably for a couple more years, however if I were an owner he'd be near the top of a very short interview list for me. Big fan of his.