A little something from the past...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
This is kind of obscure and of interest to just a few who had worked for Pacific Bell at Anaheim stadium. This picture is of the patch panel used for the Rams home games. It provided connections for landline phones to the locations listed. This is down in the basement of Anaheim Stadium (or whatever they are calling it now days).
Anaheim Stadium Rams 4wire patch panel.jpg

I can't believe they haven't ripped this stuff out! It is very antiquated and should be in a museum. BTW, 4wire is a type of copper circuit that provided a data path. They are still in use today although fiber optics are slowly replacing them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is kind of obscure and of interest to just a few who had worked for Pacific Bell at Anaheim stadium. This picture is of the patch panel used for the Rams home games. It provided connections for landline phones to the locations listed. This is down in the basement of Anaheim Stadium (or whatever they are calling it now days).
View attachment 33397
I can't believe they haven't ripped this stuff out! It is very antiquated and should be in a museum. BTW, 4wire is a type of copper circuit that provided a data path. They are still in use today although fiber optics are slowly replacing them.
Is this a recent picture, or is it a golden oldie?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
View attachment 33397
Ha!! Tip and ring baby!! I have worked as a network engineer since the late 90s when I started with a CLEC in the Bell Atlantic (now Verizon) territory. I remember 2 and 4 wire connections. Super cool pic. Brings back memories.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
View attachment 33397
Yes... You'd think that would be long gone by now - especially in a populated area...
Still doing network engineering myself... The last mile is rapidly becoming fiber everywhere....

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
View attachment 33397

Cool AF

Thanks for sharing!