A little more info on the Chris Long ejection

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
From this article.

"It was a bit of a melee in there, it's probably avoidable on both ends," Long said. "But at the same time, I lost my cool. I can't argue with officials."

So it seems he didn't throw a punch. At least that's how I read it.

PhxRam

It will be telling if he appeals his fine if it is solely based on him throwing a punch.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It will be telling if he appeals his fine if it is solely based on him throwing a punch.

I just don't think he does. Seems like a I'll take my medicine kind of guy, who will chalk it up and go on.

jjab360

Legend
I'm pretty sure he's guilty of throwing the punch, but so were a couple of Panthers players. I think what he's trying to say is the difference between him getting ejected and not any Panthers players is that Long talked back to the refs.

jap

Legend
I just don't think he does. Seems like a I'll take my medicine kind of guy, who will chalk it up and go on.

I'd much rather he takes everything out on the 'Hawks and serves up one of his 3-sack specials.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'd much rather he takes everything out on the 'Hawks and serves up one of his 3-sack specials.
In the end if he was to win an appeal it would make a pretty good case he should not have been ejected , something you can't reverse, and a tacit admission the refs arbitrarily effected the games outcome . Gotta wonder if the league would admit to being that wrong .
I'm witcha just bizatchslap the Seahawks

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
This goes towards the logic that he was yelling at one of the officials that changed the call to encroachment just a few plays earlier, which was clearly a false start on the offense. They were already pissed at him for calling them out as being cheaters, and cheater have a tendency to overreact. It happens in the NBA all the time. The Panthers scored on that drive, and that was a third down with Cam OUT of the game at the time. Heard from the sideline, :Can we get a little help?"

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm pretty sure he's guilty of throwing the punch, but so were a couple of Panthers players. I think what he's trying to say is the difference between him getting ejected and not any Panthers players is that Long talked back to the refs.
If you look at a replay there is no camera angle that ive seen that shows a punch being thrown