A little bit different prediction thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Around this time of year, it's the basic same threads for months. I was thinking going a little different. Predict the first five games this year(16 is way too hard) and they're record after those games. Maybe we could place a wager(Rod bucks?) to whoever is the closest.
Here's mine:

Game 1: Denver@Stlouis
It seems as though we always play these guys the first game of the season when were at home. I think it's a better match up then most people think. The Rams and Seahawks are very similar and Denver had trouble vs us in the pre season this year.
Rams 31 Broncos 24

Game 2: Rams@Cardinals
We always play these guys early in the year. Most of the time it's at home but I think they switch it up. Palmer is old and their defense lost some star power. I think the Rams take this one.
Rams 21 Cardinals 13

Game 3: Rams@Seahawks
This is probably not gunna happen but it would be great. I'm sick of having to play them the last game of the season every damn year. Unfortunately, I think the result is the same with them being at home and probably 2-0 at this time.
Rams 13 Seahawks 17

Game 4: Raiders@Rams
I don't remember the last time Oakland came to Stlouis. But I believe they're a little better them given credit. Although, we will eat Matt Shaub alive.
Rams 35 Raiders 17

Game 5: Giants@Rams
I believe the Gmen will be much better this year. Eli is not that awful and they some injuries. Still, I think the Rams take this one without much worry. Their Oline is shaky and I think we sack Manning 7 times in this game with our first defensive TD on the year.
Rams 24 Giants 10

Well, that's my prediction of how the first quarter of the season will play out. Rams go 4-1 and sit in a great spot in the NFC west. Here's hoping!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Where did you get this schedule?

I can't seem to find it. Perhaps I'm whack!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Where did you get this schedule?

I can't seem to find it. Perhaps I'm whack!

I didn't get it anywhere. I'm predicting that's how the first five games are going to look and what the outcome will be.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I didn't get it anywhere. I'm predicting that's how the first five games are going to look and what the outcome will be.

Of those 5 games, in that order, 4-1 is a great start. 3-2 is wicked good, to be honest.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Much work and optimism in that fantasy. I would dare to dream it though and I haven't ever been pumped by pre season hype yet... Is it September yet?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The actual schedule is supposed to come out on the 17th. Might be a better time for this. But I get your point about the same ole stuff this time of year.

ausmurp

Starter
2-0 against Broncos then Cardinals? No way. I'll be the unbiased one and say we will be 0-2 to start. No way do we beat the Broncos. No way. And the Cardinals will be looking to get revenge on us from beating them right off last year. Their pass d got so much better with the Cromartie sigining - a lot of ppl don't seem to know that he was the 2nd RATED CB last yr in the entire NFL, behind only Sherman. I wish we would've signed him. The only chance we stand against the Cardinals is if Daryl Washington is suspended for attacking his gf, and if they don't get a HB that can actually gain positive yds. If the Cardinals can add a solid rookie HB who can gain 1000 yds (I have them taking Hyde in the 1st rd this yr), they'll be a playoff team. Here are my realistic predictions:

Denver@Stlouis
The Rams and Seahawks are not at all similar, our pass defense is nothing like theirs (best in the league) and their pass rush is nothing like ours (best in the league). We will sack Manning but he'll still throw 4 TDs on us. Sucks that we have to play the best offense in NFL (maybe history), especially in a yr where it's playoffs or rebuild all over again...
Rams 17 Broncos 28
Rams@Cardinals
We always play these guys early in the year. Palmer is old, but they have one of the best WR duos in the league, and their defense gained a lot of star power in the Cromartie signing. This defense is very similar to Seahawks now with two shut down CBs, the honey badger looking like one of the better FS in the league in only his second season, and Daryl Washington very similar to Bobby Wagoner.
Rams 21 Cardinals 24
Rams@Seahawks
This is our first win. The Seahawks lost some very good players, and super bowl teams always slump.
Rams 24 Seahawks 17
Raiders@Rams
The Raiders made a lot of moves, but still play in a division where they stand no chance because of the Broncos and Cheifs. They'll be a better team than their record shows with MJD/DMC running combo, Shaub at QB, and a ton of other new additions. But I think they have trouble meshing and we take advantage. Regardless their defense got a lot better.
Rams 24 Raiders 10
Giants@Rams
The Giants will realize soon that Eli is probably on the decline. Still no running game, and list their best WR. This will be a solid win for us.
Rams 24 Giants 3

REALISTIC record at this point: 3-2

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
We have played the seahawks week 17 @ seattle the last 3 years havent we?? I hope your right and they change that I think its BS to schedule it like that every year.