A Football Life - Eric Dickerson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
NFL Network is airing A Football Life - Eric Dickerson. Had to mention this since these were fond years (2) for this Rams fan. For younger fans that didn't get to enjoy his time with the LA Rams this show will be a treat and give you a window into a time when the Rams running game was the most feared in football.

If anyone wants to record it, it will be rerun at 12 am EST.

Go Rams!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Wow I'm watching it now and he was kind of a dick. Like just play dude.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
They revelaed the thing about Rams cash flow issues. John Shaw was laughing as he denied it . . . good poker tell . .. about moving money around . . . he'd play games with the cash, Jim Everett bouncing a check or Rams bouncing a check . . . interesting

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
ED wasn't a dick. He was smart. He was the best player in the NFL and wasn't being paid as such by a shitty organization. He did the right thing for his family and doesn't seem to be regretting it too much. Life is bigger than just football, and he saw the big picture better than most NFL players. Good for him.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
ED wasn't a dick. He was smart. He was the best player in the NFL and wasn't being paid as such by a crappy organization. He did the right thing for his family and doesn't seem to be regretting it too much. Life is bigger than just football, and he saw the big picture better than most NFL players. Good for him.

The Rams treated their players like crap no matter who they were How many players did they let go to another team to avoid paying them , then those same players go on to have successful careers with another team. Hint: he played for Wash. For a few years just to name one. Another by the last of Greene.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Watched some without the sound the other day while I was working out. I can see why this happened...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Dickerson
NFL Records
  • Most rushing yards as a rookie- 1808 in 1983
  • Most rushing yards in a season- 2105 in 1984
  • Fastest player to reach 2,000 rushing yards- 18 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 3,000 rushing yards- 27 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 4,000 rushing yards- 33 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 5,000 rushing yards- 45 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 6,000 rushing yards- 53 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 7,000 rushing yards- 63 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 8,000 rushing yards- 73 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 9,000 rushing yards- 82 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 10,000 rushing yards- 91 GP
  • Fastest player to reach 11,000 rushing yards- 103 GP
  • Fastest player to gain 1,000 yards from scrimmage- 7 GP
  • Fastest player to gain 2,000 yards from scrimmage- 14 GP
  • Fastest player to gain 4,000 yards from scrimmage- 30 GP- tied with Edgerrin James
  • Fastest player to gain 7,000 yards from scrimmage- 55 GP
  • Fastest player to gain 8,000 yards from scrimmage- 64 GP

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah the Rams trading him was like the Colts trading Faulk or if the Vikes were to trade AP in his prime. Very sad day as for the Rams nation. Think he would have caught Sweetness if he had stayed a Ram with John Robinson's heavy running offensive style. Great insight and a lot of information I had forgotten. He will always hold a special place in my memories of great Rams.

209RamsFan

Glad you posted the link to this....nice to see one of ours getting some respect , as one of the greatest in the history of this league and in my opinion in the top 50 greatest of all time.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
The Rams treated their players like crap no matter who they were How many players did they let go to another team to avoid paying them , then those same players go on to have successful careers with another team. Hint: he played for Wash. For a few years just to name one. Another by the last of Greene.

Ellard is, I guess who you are talking about. Rams, yes, should have kept him. Kevin Greene, however, was going to leave. In 1993, fewer and fewer teams were playing the 3-4 and he wanted to go to a team that played that. In the 1980s almost all teams played it, but by 1993 it was reversing back to the 4-3 and went to in in 1991 and Greene didn't fit that well and in 1992 it went to a different kind of 4-3 and Greene playwed well, and moved to DE on passing downs, but still, he wanted a 3-4 and went to Steelers.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I was madder at ED leaving than the Rams leaving LA....I eventually began to hate Georgia F....I loved Eric Dickerson...I saw him once in a gym, doing upright rows for his shoulders/traps...I couldn't even speak, just watched him...Added those to the workout immediately...I was a pup of 19 when ED was in his heyday out here...Sure miss those days...dominant Rams teams...not being 19 and crazy as hell....LOL I wasn't even mad when Bettis left, but he was solid too...
Damnit, draft Gurley or Gordon, bring the dominant RB back to the Rams...we could use a few of those hog linemen too.....(y):);):cool::D:love:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
ED was the first legit "my team" superstar i ever cheered for as a young man. Charles Barkley was the 2nd.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Don't forget about that guy that went to Pittsburgh.