A few (way too early) random thoughts at this point in the offseason...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I know, I know, it's only mid June. But I'm both unwilling to wait and I'm just in the mood, so here goes...

Seems that McVay was a helluva HC signing, youth or no youth. Glad Demoff and Snead pulled the trigger early on, 'cause if they hadn't the Chargers or Niners would have surely grabbed him. McVay was just a too good to be true kinda HC candidates. I have yet to hear or read a negative feedback report on McVay from either pundits, other coaches, or either former or current players. Think about that for just a minute. Amazing.

Couldn't be more pleased with the asst coaches that McVay hired, particularly Wade and Kromer. And McVay did the hiring PDQ, before the best were snapped up by others. Unlike Fisher's MO, btw.

Got a really good feeling about how Goff and Mannion are gonna develop quickly under this coaching staff. The importance of that can scarcely be overstated.

Gurley sounds like he's loaded for bear, huh? Conditioning, size, blocking, and being heavily featured in the passing game. I see Gurley as a big weapon this year, once again.

GRob appears to be on thin ice with Kromer already. Not good. Is it possible that he might not make the 53? I mean, that the Rams might value the roster spot more than the cap space wasted? I think it's maybe a legit question at this point. Remember, the coaches have seen him in meetings and on the practice field and we haven't. Plus, this staff didn't draft him. So, I dunno. Besides, I suspect that Kromer likes some other OT players on this roster and wants to keep them for development. Just a hunch, but still...

AD's absence has probably helped other DL players to get more snaps which, in turn, makes it possible for the coaches to perhaps make better decisions about their final cuts and/or schemes. A well disguised blessing, perhaps?

Same thing with Quinn's being held out of mini-camp. More opportunities for youngsters to make an impression. Gonna be some tough cuts on that DL come September. The extra snaps might help with the decision making.

WR seems a bright spot. Amazing what a turnaround after bringing in new coaches, a FA in Woods, and 2 new draft picks, huh? Don't see how Kupp won't be a starter, barring injury. Gulp. Tavon's absence gives other WR's more snaps and targets from Goff. At this (too early) date, I see Thomas and Spruce as the 5th and 6th WR's, with Pharoah Cooper as the somewhat surprising odd man out. Keeping 7 WR's seems unlikely. Maybe trading Cooper for a conditional pick is possible? Who woulda thunk that the WR position would be looking this strong from the vantage point of last December?

Is it just me, but doesn't it seem like the reporting on our TE's in practices so far has been a bit light? Nothing bad, really. But not exactly glowing, either. Not like the WR position, for example. Do you suppose that that's on purpose on McVay's part? I mean, the beat writers have only seen an extremely limited number of OTA's, after all. Is it possible that McVay has focused on TE play when reporters have been absent?

OTOH, feedback about Sully has been greater than I had expected. I'm gonna confess that Sully was a better signing than I had originally thought. "Den" was a big Sully honk while I was hung up on Sully's back issues a couple of years ago. Looks like "den" was right all the time.

Another confession that I guess I have to make is that maybe Hav will, in fact, be our RG and Brown might seize that RT starter position. I thought it would be JB at RG and Hav sticking at RT. Kromer knows more about OL player development and profiling than yours truly. Who'd of thunk? Lol.

Whit was even a better signing than I had thought, and I was a big fan at the time. Whit's intangibles are invaluable and these OL youngsters are gonna develop both much better and much more quickly because of Whit's presence. Best player FA signing of the offseason, and I'm a very big fan of the Woods signing.

How Wade sorts out the depth at CB and S is gonna be interesting. No shortage of competition at both position groups. Hope the camp reporters can shed some light on these camp battles. Right now, the depth winners are as clear as mud to me. Lol.

So, what did I miss? Love to hear any and all comments and opposing opinions, fellas.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I would wait till the pads go on before I would declare this oline lineup set in stone.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
GRob appears to be on thin ice with Kromer already. Not good. Is it possible that he might not make the 53? I mean, that the Rams might value the roster spot more than the cap space wasted? I think it's maybe a legit question at this point. Remember, the coaches have seen him in meetings and on the practice field and we haven't. Plus, this staff didn't draft him. So, I dunno. Besides, I suspect that Kromer likes some other OT players on this roster and wants to keep them for development. Just a hunch, but still...

Another confession that I guess I have to make is that maybe Hav will, in fact, be our RG and Brown might seize that RT starter position. I thought it would be JB at RG and Hav sticking at RT. Kromer knows more about OL player development and profiling than yours truly. Who'd of thunk? Lol.
Great post...really enjoyed it except THIS /\....c'mon 43.....without pads?
I do believe this is the motivational tool of one Sean McVay & Kromer.

I will say, I thought it would be Jamon Brown at RG....and Greg Robinson at RT.....and I still think that...missed assignments in OTA's be damned. LOLOLOL

OTOH, feedback about Sully has been greater than I had expected. I'm gonna confess that Sully was a better signing than I had originally thought. "Den" was a big Sully honk while I was hung up on Sully's back issues a couple of years ago. Looks like "den" was right all the time.
I am still crossing my fingers on Sully & Whit....man age and injuries...and FREE AGENTS...shit, I need a drink just thinking about the possibilities....
Hell, I wouldn't cut any linemen that have played b4 until I see how solid we are across the line....with respect to injuries.