A Few Thoughts...Rams and other stuff...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ozoneranger

Rookie
-Why I love Fantasy Football. Going into the Championship game, I benched Drew Brees (injury concern) and the Rams defense (schizo season and it looked like a bad matchup with Wilson tearing it up lately). Epic, major league brain farts. I go into Sunday Night down 28 points and clinch the win, and the title, with 31 points from a KICKER. I've never forgotten how Blair Walsh single handedly beat the Rams a few years back.

-Take a flyer on Drew Brees if the Saints cut him? Who better to mentor Sean Mannion for a year? They can't go with Keenum the serviceable backup or Foles the one year wonder. The QB position has cost this team two playoff chances in three years. Rent Brees- and make the playoffs- then hand the reigns to Mannion in year three.

-Jared. Cook. Must. Go. Freakish tools but goes all hands of stone when draped by a defender, despite a speed and size advantage. What a disappointment. Kendricks should start and he's a far superior blocker.

-Boras ain't the answer as OC. Sure, he calls an efficient game but could do so much more with Tavon/Gurley- like using motion to create mismatches. Much like the Wildcat and read-option, defenses have adjusted to the jet sweep. And Boras is predictable inside the 10. Always diving right off the center.

-Draft a QB with our One? I hate that idea. Hate it. The kid will just be thrown to the wolves and will cost the Rams wins. They have Mannion, who, with good coaching, will be above average. IMHO. Which is how Fisher likes it. And with the expected free-agent defections, they will have a few holes to fill- like in the secondary.

-Going to Levi's with the girlfriend Sunday. Anyone else going? I expect plenty of elbow room as the "Faithful" become the Faithless and stay away in droves. It will be interesting to see how many Ram fans show up. They usually travel well to the BA. Ticket prices are plummeting as I type.

-

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Not sure
Fantasy football is lame cause it has zero loyalty which is key to watching sports in my opinion
Boras has to work with the scraps from Schottenheimer and Jet Sweep Cigs, the news on Cook is old news but he's actually catching passes now, we need to draft a top QB prospect for sure, Keenum is playing strong, what is Levi?

Edit: realized what Levi's was - it's where Satan's Friends play... Glad to know you're representing!!!!

Last edited:

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
no to drew brees. brees would work in a similiar situation that manning/broncos had. a team close to winning it all with a great veteran QB. the Rams arent at that point yet. the Rams need to find and develop THEIR future QB. fix the OL and get at least 1 good/great receiver in the draft and another in FA if possible. the more weapons on offense, the better todd gurley and tavon austin will be.
remember the super bowl seasons, holt, bruce, faulk, hakim, proehl. multiple weapons that deserved defensive attention. (i'm using the example not saying players like that are available now). the minnesota game (1st half) showed what a little misdirection and defensive respect can do to opening up a defensive scheme. not sure if a laquon treadwell / goff/ lynch/cook are now available due to the winning streak, but improvements need to be made. mid teens pick isnt so high up to pick an offensive lineman either. we'll find out in april.

Ozoneranger

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
no to drew brees. brees would work in a similiar situation that manning/broncos had. a team close to winning it all with a great veteran QB. the Rams arent at that point yet. the Rams need to find and develop THEIR future QB. fix the OL and get at least 1 good/great receiver in the draft and another in FA if possible. the more weapons on offense, the better todd gurley and tavon austin will be.
remember the super bowl seasons, holt, bruce, faulk, hakim, proehl. multiple weapons that deserved defensive attention. (i'm using the example not saying players like that are available now). the minnesota game (1st half) showed what a little misdirection and defensive respect can do to opening up a defensive scheme. not sure if a laquon treadwell / goff/ lynch/cook are now available due to the winning streak, but improvements need to be made. mid teens pick isnt so high up to pick an offensive lineman either. we'll find out in april.

-If I recall, Manning got the Broncos to the Super bowl.

-Like it or not, from all accounts, the Rams really like Mannion.

-The Rams don't need "a little misdirection." They need a true NFL caliber OC.

-Late season, garbage time success (such as we are witnessing) does not translate to future success. See Mike Singletary.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Going to Levi's with the girlfriend Sunday. Anyone else going? I expect plenty of elbow room as the "Faithful" become the Faithless and stay away in droves. It will be interesting to see how many Ram fans show up. They usually travel well to the BA. Ticket pr

I will be there with my Rams family!! Whoo hoo!

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which area of San Jose do you live? I'm in Blossom Valley.
San Jose, right next to Valley fair/Santana row. We are still wondering if we are going to tail gate for the game.

Where is blossom Valley? I know of blossom hill.

Ozoneranger

Rookie
San Jose, right next to Valley fair/Santana row. We are still wondering if we are going to tail gate for the game.

Where is blossom Valley? I know of blossom hill.

Blossom Valley- just off 85. I'm about mile from Westfield Oakridge Mall on Blossom Hill.

And yes, we're tailgating.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Blossom Valley- just off 85. I'm about mile from Westfield Oakridge Mall on Blossom Hill.

And yes, we're tailgating.

Oh nice, I know exactly where that is.

If we don't tailgate, mind if we swing by to say wassup and drink with you guys? We can bring some beverages.

Ozoneranger

Rookie

If we don't tailgate, mind if we swing by to say wassup and drink with you guys? We can bring some beverages.

Sure. I'm working on which lot I will be parking at. Letcha know when I know.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
-Boras ain't the answer as OC. Sure, he calls an efficient game but could do so much more with Tavon/Gurley- like using motion to create mismatches. Much like the Wildcat and read-option, defenses have adjusted to the jet sweep. And Boras is predictable inside the 10. Always diving right off the center.

-Draft a QB with our One? I hate that idea. Hate it. The kid will just be thrown to the wolves and will cost the Rams wins. They have Mannion, who, with good coaching, will be above average. IMHO. Which is how Fisher likes it. And with the expected free-agent defections, they will have a few holes to fill- like in the secondary.

-Going to Levi's with the girlfriend Sunday. Anyone else going? I expect plenty of elbow room as the "Faithful" become the Faithless and stay away in droves. It will be interesting to see how many Ram fans show up. They usually travel well to the BA. Ticket prices are plummeting as I type.

I am starting to really like Boras at OC. IF the offense puts up another strong, team outing I will be ok with him sticking, which will likely happen if Fish returns. I would still hire Martz for a made up BS position like offensive consultant and pay him well to help the staff and help identify QBs in FA, trade options, and the draft but what do I know.

If they take a QB high he does not need to start right away. Having that guy for the future is key though, and I am not writing Mannion off yet either. Rams need that position addressed, as Keenum is not a long term answer. Camp needs to have a stocked position with a high level of competition and depth.

I think you are in for a great game. Rams are on a roll, and normally it would mean disappointment will result but I have a feeling things are different now, just a gut thing where I think they stomp the 9ers and end the season with 4 in a row.

Ozoneranger

Rookie

Hope you get this. Green Lot 1. We'll be tailgating there and parking in Green Lot 2.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks man.

But we tagged along with our friends.

Go rams, hope we kick ass..