A few thoughts on the 49er game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
The OL will be tested in this game. The Niners will often play a base nickel and expecting the Rams 11 personnel I think they will be in a base nickel. But the Niners play their base nickel differently than most. They play with a MIKE and a WIL and that WIL has SS traits, i.e. he has safety speed and agility and will often drop into coverage essentially playing their nickel like a dime.

The Niner DL also will align differently, in that their NT Hargrave will frequently align more as a second 3T. Hargrave is big, strong and quick and he's going to really test Avila. Avila at LG is no accident. The Rams wanted a big strong mobile LG to face up to Hargrave twice this year. It's why the Rams aligned Donald over Avila to prep him for this game. Javon Hargrave is much like Donald, at 6'2" 305lbs and is quick and strong. Hargrave has been in the NFL since 2016 and has 38 sacks as a DT.

Both the Niner's edges favor wide 9 alignments. It's why it's an absolute requirement for Higbee to give a chip assist to Havenstein. Jackson will be really tested against Bosa coming at him from a wide 9. Shelton needs to be on top of his game because if he moves to help the OGs too quickly, their MIKE will delay blitz that open gap. On passing plays the Rams absolutely will need to keep someone in the backfield to pick up those blitzes.

The 49ers like playing a single high safety though they will drop into quarters on occasion. If given time Stafford will have deep strike opportunities.

One area of emphasis will need to be ball security. The 49ers are coached that the first tackler holds the RB, or WR up allowing for the following guy to rip at the ball. That is a standard thing the Niners coach.

Most of all Stafford can't expect to make a living forcing the ball against the Niners. Turning the ball over is a component of their defense. If it's not there Stafford must remain disciplined, something he often has difficulty in doing. Turnovers and penalties will absolutely kill the Rams playing a team like the 49ers. They need to play a disciplined, clean game and if they do I honestly believe they can beat the Niners. The Niners aren't some mythical boogie man. Stafford stabbing them in the heart will kill them.

When the Rams beat the Niners the NFL will know the Rams are back.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
The Whiners are 7.5 point favourites at the moment, here in the UK at least.

Shows how much the bookies know.

muggmeister

Rookie
Both the Niner's edges favor wide 9 alignments.
My beer refrigerator starts every game with a wide 9 alignment, by halftime it's down to 5 wide gaps, and by the end of the game it's down to zero and with little to no pressure. Then I go inside and hit a shot of Peanut Butter Whiskey, pet the dog, kiss the wife and go to bed.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
My beer refrigerator starts every game with a wide 9 alignment, by halftime it's down to 5 wide gaps, and by the end of the game it's down to zero and with little to no pressure. Then I go inside and hit a shot of Peanut Butter Whiskey, pet the dog, kiss the wife and go to bed.
Similar for me, but I usually kiss the dog and pet the wife after all that booze.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
We just need to man the eff up and not get bullied. We are better coached and have the superior QB. Knock Purdy on his ass a few times and rattle his punk ass and put him in his place.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The OL will be tested in this game. The Niners will often play a base nickel and expecting the Rams 11 personnel I think they will be in a base nickel. But the Niners play their base nickel differently than most. They play with a MIKE and a WIL and that WIL has SS traits, i.e. he has safety speed and agility and will often drop into coverage essentially playing their nickel like a dime.

The Niner DL also will align differently, in that their NT Hargrave will frequently align more as a second 3T. Hargrave is big, strong and quick and he's going to really test Avila. Avila at LG is no accident. The Rams wanted a big strong mobile LG to face up to Hargrave twice this year. It's why the Rams aligned Donald over Avila to prep him for this game. Javon Hargrave is much like Donald, at 6'2" 305lbs and is quick and strong. Hargrave has been in the NFL since 2016 and has 38 sacks as a DT.

Both the Niner's edges favor wide 9 alignments. It's why it's an absolute requirement for Higbee to give a chip assist to Havenstein. Jackson will be really tested against Bosa coming at him from a wide 9. Shelton needs to be on top of his game because if he moves to help the OGs too quickly, their MIKE will delay blitz that open gap. On passing plays the Rams absolutely will need to keep someone in the backfield to pick up those blitzes.

The 49ers like playing a single high safety though they will drop into quarters on occasion. If given time Stafford will have deep strike opportunities.

One area of emphasis will need to be ball security. The 49ers are coached that the first tackler holds the RB, or WR up allowing for the following guy to rip at the ball. That is a standard thing the Niners coach.

Most of all Stafford can't expect to make a living forcing the ball against the Niners. Turning the ball over is a component of their defense. If it's not there Stafford must remain disciplined, something he often has difficulty in doing. Turnovers and penalties will absolutely kill the Rams playing a team like the 49ers. They need to play a disciplined, clean game and if they do I honestly believe they can beat the Niners. The Niners aren't some mythical boogie man. Stafford stabbing them in the heart will kill them.

This is... not the most inaccurate thing you've ever written.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
This is... not the most inaccurate thing you've ever written.
"not the most inaccurate" translates to two things...

if it a negative towards "the most" or "inaccurate"

So it either "less inaccurate" or "the most accurate"

Please define.

muggmeister

Rookie
Ok I drank the 9 beers and I'm a little confused about the next step... just remember it involves my dog and some peanut butter?
It's actually 18 or more beers as they are aligned 9 wide and 2 to 3 deep. And please don't forget the last 3 steps, dogs deserve the best from us.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

But what about Raheems defense? There 2 sides to every story.

Why haven’t The Rams cut Kendrick yet ? He did get burned by DK last week. LOL -

So you’re saying The Rams can’t use Cam Akers at all ? What about Kyren Williams? He is a terrific blocker.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
My thoughts on the 49er game? Deebo's breath is gonna be very stinky after picking the dingleberries off the hair on Bosa's ass with his teeth. Tackle him low so the smell doesn't make you sick.