A few thoughts after rewatching the Packer game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm gonna try not to rehash what others have already reviewed, other than to add emphasis on a point or two.

So, here goes...

Foles won't survive to season's midpoint unless our pass pro drastically improves. It looked like Christians vs Lions at times.

NFL is so concerned about protecting QB's, yet that Matthews helmet to chest wasn't called? If the zebra couldn't see it then either he wasn't in proper position or another zebra needs to be in a better position to assist him. That was a brutal hit on a defenseless player.

GRob is still a mess in pass pro. His run blocking is coming along, but too often it's his man that's in on the tackle or hitting Foles. One time it resulted in an int. And to miss a block resulting in a blocked FG? WTH?

We've simply gotta move on from Saffold in our long range planning. He wasn't setting the world on fire before, anyway. Looking like his resigning was a FO mistake, huh?

I thought Brown had a better game than some other reviewers did. Not great, but showing signs that he's getting there.

G Reynolds looks like a good signing at this point, barring that one glaring error. He was involved in springing Gurley on a few plays. Didn't know he was that fast.

I saw Cook blocking effectively a time or two. Doesn't need to pancake his man to be effective. Still disappointed with his drops, though.

There were quite a few 3 TE sets. This clearly helped Gurley. But that means we can only deploy Austin as our single WR. Doesn't that make the D's job too easy? When, oh when will we see our OL capable of run blocking or pass pro effectively without the help of 2 TE's? C'mon, guys.

Obviously, if we must continue with the 3 TE sets, we can forget about big numbers from Britt, Quick, or Bailey. They simply won't be on the field enough. And what good would drafting a #1 WR be? Our OL MUST improve if we ever hope to have a balanced passing attack.

There were a few Fairley sightings. Nothing spectacular, mind you, but he contributed more than I had noticed on my original viewing.

Nice to see some press man coverage. Hope GW continues to mix it up.

Joyner was all over the place making plays and tackles. Yeah, he blew that one play, but he was very active in the overall D. That might turn out to be a good pick, after all.

I'm coming around on Jenkins. QB's seem to want to avoid him. Even Rodgers only threw at him once that I recall. And he seems to have plugged up those easy 6 point completion holes in his game.

I'm liking Tru more and more, also. If we can retain Jenkins and Tru, plus add Gaines and Joyner to the mix, we have the makings of a really nice secondary. Roberson is no slouch, either, for that matter.

Barron played well, but we're kidding ourselves to think that Tree won't be sorely missed. Can't wait for his healthy return.

Don't know quite what to think about Long. I do believe that his best days are behind him. But I also believe he still has plenty left in the tank. He's still slow off the ball, I think. The DE position is reportedly deep in top talent next year. Seems like drafting a DE would be prudent.

Donald was being double teamed a great deal in this game. Sometimes even tripled. Yet he still made plays, and allowed his teammates to be more effective, as well. He's simply amazing.

Our overall D played their hearts out. Plenty good enough to have given us an opportunity to steal this game. Hats off to the D and to GW for this performance without Gaines, Tree, and Long for most of the game. Our D appears to be capable of playing with anybody after how they strangled the Packers. Take away those "gift" 14 points and who knows...

Has there been a better UDFA value than Hekker since London Fletcher for the Rams?

I'm cutting GZ a mile of slack. That field was so windy that the ball wouldn't stay on the tee for kick offs. GRob probably blew the 50 yarder with his danged missed block, anyway. Our O needs to do a better job of getting GZ into the 40 yard range, dammit!

Speaking of which, red zone turnovers are not particularly helpful, either. Arrrrrgh!

Let me ask you a question. If I had told you before the game that the Rams would win the TOP by 6 minutes, hold the Packers to 69 total yards rushing (including Rodgers' scrambles), Gurley would rush for 155 yards, that we would intercept Rodgers twice, recover a Rodgers fumble... Would you not think that we would WIN by 14, rather than lose by that amount? Sigh...

This was not the "real" Foles. He needs to review the film then bury this ugly memory. There is no other choice. And the rest of our O needs to step up and give him some options. Time for a gut check for our OL, certain WR's, and TE's. They embarrassed themselves last Sunday.

We have a playoff caliber D and ST, but our O, other than the recent running game, seems stuck in kindergarten level. Sheesh!

Some opinions may vary. Lol.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Foles won't survive to season's midpoint unless our pass pro his ability to get rid of the football on time drastically improves.
Fixed it for ya 43.....Foles issue seems to be one of the most important traits a AB can possess...The ability to process information, QUICKLY. Does Foles have it? Not yet...not with Cigs plays....Until he can go through his reads faster, we will continue to struggle moving the ball....Especially on 3rd down...

Don't see all the concern with G-Rob....dude faces the toughest pass rusher every game...His next game will be his 16th start at LT...It takes time...Jamon did have his personal worst game....I think Green Bay's defense is for real...Make do...make something happen mister quarterback....

I don't see Reynolds as a OG...Not with Wichman & Donnal on the 53...might as well use the road graders...

I actually like the way the line has played...in every game except Washington....and mainly in the first half.

LaMarcus Joyner's blown coverage was huge...beginning of the 3rd quarter...ran a similar play for #88 from Stanford in the first half....Geez!?! Do these guys communicate....

GZ's gotta make one of those kicks...or stop trying 63 yarders...seriously...