A few observations from the lower bowl yesterday:

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It has become abundantly clear that the Rams offense isn't much better off than it was three years ago. At least they have a QB and a RB but they need a new Oline and WRs. That doesn't usually happen in one offseason.

When will Fisher ever realize that drafting receivers with great hands that run good routes is better than raw athleticism? How about cerebral Olinemen that understand how to practice and execute their blocks correctly without penalties? I hope he makes some big changes on the offensive coaching staff. New OC, and new Oline coach at the least.........and if he hires Loney I may quit the NFL until Fisher is finally fired.
I was a big believer in Greg Robinson, and all in all he played pretty well yesterday - one holding call (as expected), but he looked decent. Chris Long was in the backfield a lot, but Robinson played - for one game, at least - like a guy who might be able to keep starting on an NFL offensive line for several more years.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I didn't live in an NFL city, that's probably the route I'd have taken, but the last six years of my life I've lived about ten miles from Foxboro, and I've been in the greater Boston area over a decade. Having a local or hometown connection to a team is necessary for me.

Also having Long and Amendola on the Patriots has helped a lot. Two of my favorite players in the League.
You went from being a Rams fan to a Pats fan? Yikes

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Belichick is interesting to watch operate. Don't forget, he's borked more than his fair share of draft picks, and a lot of his personnel decisions make you scratch your head (Jamie Collins for a 3rd? Wut?). But you listen to the guy talk, and he's obsessed with football. Almost unhealthily so.

He's a big part of why I think the Rams would do well to hire Matt Patricia if they're in the market for a head coach.
Anything but Fisher. I can't stomach another year of this with no hope for the future. He will ruin Goff

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Anything but Fisher. I can't stomach another year of this with no hope for the future. He will ruin Goff
If Fisher has a competent OC with absolute control over the offense, he won't ruin Goff.
Not sure what the chances are of that, but I have to think that a guy like Turner could come in and, even with the weapons they currently have, build a creative, proactive, attacking offense that makes use of the existing talent.

Higbee running seam routes.

Austin working deep crossing patterns.

Quick and Britt being used as chain-movers and attacking the middle of the field.

Gurley getting more passes out of the backfield and better-designed run blocking.

A bigger role each week for Cunningham... split-back formation alongside Gurley, maybe.

Dink and dunk with a handful of shots down the field, but in a creative, diverse manner - like the Patriots do it, or like the Vikings did it until their entire offensive line was turned into toads.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He's a big part of why I think the Rams would do well to hire Matt Patricia if they're in the market for a head coach.

He intrigues me after reading the article about him to which you pointed me. There were a lot of the little things he did - e.g., the way he approaches film study - that I appreciated. If he can be more of a head coach than a defensive guy, leave our scheme on D somewhat the way it is, and bring in a good offensive staff (starting with the coordinator) I could get on board with him. Bonus points for bringing in someone who can teach and implement a EP offense in one offseason.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
He intrigues me after reading the article about him to which you pointed me. There were a lot of the little things he did - e.g., the way he approaches film study - that I appreciated. If he can be more of a head coach than a defensive guy, leave our scheme on D somewhat the way it is, and bring in a good offensive staff (starting with the coordinator) I could get on board with him. Bonus points for bringing in someone who can teach and implement a EP offense in one offseason.
I wouldn't be totally shocked if Bill O'Brien gets canned in Houston and ends up as Patricia's OC somewhere.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Fisher has a competent OC with absolute control over the offense, he won't ruin Goff.
Not sure what the chances are of that, but I have to think that a guy like Turner could come in and, even with the weapons they currently have, build a creative, proactive, attacking offense that makes use of the existing talent.

Higbee running seam routes.

Austin working deep crossing patterns.

Quick and Britt being used as chain-movers and attacking the middle of the field.

Gurley getting more passes out of the backfield and better-designed run blocking.

A bigger role each week for Cunningham... split-back formation alongside Gurley, maybe.

Dink and dunk with a handful of shots down the field, but in a creative, diverse manner - like the Patriots do it, or like the Vikings did it until their entire offensive line was turned into toads.
You're hired . Lol

MountainRam

Rookie
I wouldn't be totally shocked if Bill O'Brien gets canned in Houston and ends up as Patricia's OC somewhere.

Make it happen for the Rams. Make it happen. Make it happen for the love of God. Just make it happen. One more time, make it happen

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
You're hired . Lol
Somehow I doubt my complete and utter lack of experience would translate to unencumbered control over the offense, heh. I'm sure I'd make you all miss Boras terribly the first time I go "Hey, I have a creative, exciting play," and it turns out to be something that was tried and failed ten years ago that gets Goff completely destroyed.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Is that the offense he runs? I would guess so given his Patriots connection.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Is that the offense he runs? I would guess so given his Patriots connection.
Yup, O'Brien succeeded McDaniels as the OC in 2011 (after a couple of years of no OC and Belichick calling plays) and the Pats have had the same basic offensive system for... well, forever, it seems.

MountainRam

Rookie
Yup, O'Brien succeeded McDaniels as the OC in 2011 (after a couple of years of no OC and Belichick calling plays) and the Pats have had the same basic offensive system for... well, forever, it seems.

Did Belichick call plays for brady on offense? Serious question

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Did Belichick call plays for brady on offense? Serious question
I believe he did in the 2009 and 2010 seasons, after McDaniels left to coach the Broncos and before officially giving O'Brien the OC position. Or at the very least there was no offensive coordinator for those two seasons.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I live in Oakland and may have to cheer for the Raiders the rest of the season.

The Rams are dog crap and I am tired of watching them.

I respect that this poster was able to cut ties to what amounts to an abusive relationship.

I say we boycott this team until Fisher is fired.

There must be a sacrifice.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Basically, yeah. I'm a St. Louis native who had parts of season tickets from the time the team arrived until I left the state for grad school, was a rabid Rams fan until they left St. Louis, was extremely upset by the fact that they left (and seemingly burned bridges hard on their way out), and ended up adopting the team that has been local to me since 2005.

I would have stuck with the Rams until the end of time, but I'm a city-first fan. Some disagree with that, and that's fine, and many St. Louisans continue to support the Rams. Me, I can't bring myself to be a fan - year in and year out, success or failure, good times and bad - unless I'm connected to a team by ways of geography/community. I understand and respect that other people have different driving forces behind their fandom.

FWIW, I'm past the "I hate the Rams, blah blah blah" stage of losing my hometown team, and harbor no ill will towards Rams fans or players. There remains a touch of schadenfreude, but I truly wish the best for the people I've met during my years as a fan of the St. Louis Rams who are being subjected to these shenanigans on a weekly basis.
No man I get ya ya.... I'm a fan of my local
Soccer team (you won't have heard of em they also are pretty sucky ) but if they left the local area I'd probably stop supporting them to... but I just can't support another NFL team (god knows it'd be easy to ) ... but I've been through too much (made some great friends through boards like this too) to stop being a ram fan ...plus I'm holding in for the good years ;)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
'Fraid so, yeah.
Thanks for the game insight, and i truly respect a former Rams fan who doesn't hide that fact...and use a message board to continually throw darts and bash the team for their own amusement.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was a big believer in Greg Robinson, and all in all he played pretty well yesterday - one holding call (as expected), but he looked decent. Chris Long was in the backfield a lot, but Robinson played - for one game, at least - like a guy who might be able to keep starting on an NFL offensive line for several more years.

As a group the Oline did not play well.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
'Fraid so, yeah.

We have this new disagree button :LOL:
Just messing

Still think you're catching the tale end of the dynasty. Next year is another year closer to Tom Brady and Belicheck's eventual retirement

I remember those 49er fans with their cheese and wine and Jerry Rice. I told them one day Rice is gonna get old. Sure enough he did and bye bye dynasty

Same things gonna happen in NE
the Pats sucked for decades and decades before Tom Brady.

We'll have Goff and NE will have Garrappolooplpooollo - when that day comes we will welcome you back as the prodigal son

Oh and Please revive the Beer Thread !!!