A few ‘next day’ impressions…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I was impressed with the fight in this undermanned Ram team. It was good to see, even made me proud.

Maybe Wolford understands McVay’s O, but he simply can’t execute it fully with that weak arm. His noodle arm and inaccuracy were embarrassingly exposed for all to see.

Sadly, Perkins could have done no better. Rams simply lack even a decent NFL caliber backup QB. It’s a corner that Snead/McVay painted themselves into years ago and now they’re trapped.

I saw a few plays by promising youngsters that made me smile. Atwell, Hoecht, Durant, Yeast, Bobby Brown III, and Trammel, for example. More please.

I have to wonder why it took Rams coaches so long to give Atwell, Hoecht, Durant, and Yeast so long to show what they can do. It’s not as if the players ahead of them were playing well. Brandon Powell certainly shined, too.

It was a joy to watch Bobby Wagner in this game. What a warrior.

Yeah, missing AD is not a good thing. Lol.

I’m so done with Morris. Hope some team is foolish enough to offer him a HC gig.

I’m underwhelmed by several of our Ram asst positional coaches, too. Results, baby. Hope McVay feels the same way.

I remain confident that if Snead/McVay can pull off 6 shrewd FA/draft moves so that Rams will be back in SB conversation.

Gonna be some new faces in Rams secondary next year, no doubt. Hopefully, one or 2 that can be starters. Upgrades at CB and Safety needed desperately.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I’m so done with Morris. Hope some team is foolish enough to offer him a HC gig.

I’m underwhelmed by several of our Ram asst positional coaches, too. Results, baby. Hope McVay feels the same way.
I keep rooting for the Chargers to lose so they fire Staley, hire Asshole Face and Staley comes back to where he belongs.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
There were a lot of positive’s yesterday… enough to make the game entertaining.

I thought there were some creative play calls. Kudos McVay/Coen… they showed some new stuff.

Akers looks quicker. He’s peppy out there. Health? Attitude? I hope its health.

Atwell, Gay, Hoecht, Powell, Wagner, and Scott were very good. Yeast and Durant showed.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Atwell impressed me. Was nearly the only playmaker out there. Jefferson is a ghost.

fearsomefour

Legend
If I were a Shehags fan I would take this game as a sure sign they are pretenders and have no shot at making a run in the NFC.
There were a minute plus from losing to a team that was playing a preseason roster.

Ellard80

Legend
I keep rooting for the Chargers to lose so they fire Staley, hire Asshole Face and Staley comes back to where he belongs.
sadly if Raheem didnt get a job after last year... cant see it happening this year.

I like Raheem as a coach... just not a d-coordinator

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Definitely in the camp that Jefferson is not a viable option moving forward.

oldnotdead

Legend
Powell was originally a RB and you can see it in his play. With so many WRs they should redesignate him as a RB. He's shown he's a good RB with Akers and Williams. Powell is the kind of player that if he gets into the secondary watch out. There is no need to draft a #3 RB as Powell is already there.

McVay needs to end his infatuation with Wolford and simply play Perkins the rest of the way out. They have Perkins rights for another year. Their QB coach needs to tell Bryce to strengthen his arm by next year. He's already got decent accuracy. I'm telling you that arm strength can be improved, Drew Brees proved that. Accuracy is a god given talent. It can be tweaked with improved mechanics but there is a limit to what can be done. So Perkins with improved arm strength would be a very good and dangerous QB....i.e. trade bait.

IMO Snead has to know that Stafford at best is year to year and he needs to have his backup plan ready to go. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Matt hangs it up in January. You know his wife wants him to, but she will support his decision. The longer he's off the more he's going to ask himself the question " why am I doing this? He's got his ring and his legacy is now set. Why not go out on top?"

Everyone thinks Snead will move into the first round for Levis but I'm not sure he will. The kid isn't ready and will be at least a one to two-year project. If Penix comes out he's a year-one starter who is a perfect fit for McVay's offense. He should sell the farm to get him. Penix already comes from a deep strike offense at Washington, as a pocket passer, he's 6'3", 215 lbs, and runs a 4.63 with an NFL caliber arm and excellent accuracy. He's a year-one starter. If Detroit wants to upgrade at QB then Penix is the guy and they have the picks to go get him if he comes out which sounds like he will. The way Goff is playing he will definitely have a market.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
sadly if Raheem didnt get a job after last year... cant see it happening this year.

I like Raheem as a coach... just not a d-coordinator
Yeah, be nice as an Assistant Head Coach, maybe he ends up joining another team.