A couple of semi rhetorical questions...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Many fans are reluctant to replace either Keenum or Fisher just yet. The old why change the horse in midstream conundrum.

I can understand that line of thinking. I think that strategy is my preference right now, too.

But a part of my brain keeps asking me two questions that are hard to answer.

1) If we were to replace Fisher in mid season, could his replacement do all that much worse than losing 28-0 to an inferior opponent, talent wise? And let's be honest here, that score could have easily been more lopsided. I mean, what temp HC could do worse than leading an unprepared and uninspired team to a humiliating shutout loss on national TV? Nowhere to go but up from there, don't you think?

2) Same question at QB. Could Goff do all that much worse than Keenum on Monday night? We all know the stats. At least Goff or Mannion could present a legitimate threat for an occasional deep throw that the opponent must respect. Just how much worse than zero points with 2 interceptions could it be with either QB, anyway?

We may be at the point of having nothing left to lose here, fellas. Where was the team's pride against the Niners? How much longer before Fisher loses the team? We all saw the frustration of Donald and Gurley. Two normally classy and well behaved elite players that lost it. I can relate. I wanted to throw something through my TV screen, myself.

Anyway...

Just some food for thought. Might stimulate some discussion as we all are licking our wounds.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Many fans are reluctant to replace either Keenum or Fisher just yet. The old why change the horse in midstream conundrum.

I can understand that line of thinking. I think that strategy is my preference right now, too.

But a part of my brain keeps asking me two questions that are hard to answer.

1) If we were to replace Fisher in mid season, could his replacement do all that much worse than losing 28-0 to an inferior opponent, talent wise? And let's be honest here, that score could have easily been more lopsided. I mean, what temp HC could do worse than leading an unprepared and uninspired team to a humiliating shutout loss on national TV? Nowhere to go but up from there, don't you think?

2) Same question at QB. Could Goff do all that much worse than Keenum on Monday night? We all know the stats. At least Goff or Mannion could present a legitimate threat for an occasional deep throw that the opponent must respect. Just how much worse than zero points with 2 interceptions could it be with either QB, anyway?

We may be at the point of having nothing left to lose here, fellas. Where was the team's pride against the Niners? How much longer before Fisher loses the team? We all saw the frustration of Donald and Gurley. Two normally classy and well behaved elite players that lost it. I can relate. I wanted to throw something through my TV screen, myself.

Anyway...

Just some food for thought. Might stimulate some discussion as we all are licking our wounds.

As far as #1 goes, Kroenke is very unlikely to replace Fisher in mid-season. If it got bad enough that it came to that, then the answer is probably no, the replacement HC could hardly do worse. But it's going to have to be really, really, really bad for Stan to make that move.

On #2 ... the answer is an emphatic NO! - Goff could have really done no worse. And he would have learned things. And I would dare say, he (or Mannioin for that matter) would likely have done better because they would have completed a downfield pass or two that hurt the 49ers for crowding the LOS.

At this point, I think both Fisher particularly and the Rams as a whole have more to lose by sticking with Keenum than they do starting Goff.