A chance Shelton might be back for Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Can anyone convince McVay to sit Evans? Any defensive tackle who has to go against him would be licking their chops.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If Shelton back, Evans will be on the bench. I'd rather he was out of the building but McVay likes the guy or something..... how could they review the film from last week and keep the guy active on gamedays???

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Minor quibble, but I'd rather keep Jackson at LT getting reps.

If you want to start the best remaining OL on the roster then you play Nsekhe who is strictly an OT. Jackson played well at RG, better than Aboushi. So move him back to RG and play Nsekhe at LT, he looked ok on Sunday.

This would give Stafford more confidence in the OL. His throws were off because he had one eye on the WRs and one on the OL.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I also like the idea of playing Shelton at LG keeping Brewer at RG where he played well next to Havenstein.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You don't move a LT who is playing well. The other positions moving guys around is fine but not LT. LT playing well is key for the QB. So no way I would move Jackson. He's done enough moving this season anyway, it is time to let him start his era as our blindside protection and refine his game instead of introducing more confusion and mistakes with this group.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think I'd choose to go with :

LT) Jackson
LG) Shelton
C) Allen
RG) Brewer
RT) Havenstein

Alaric Jackson is considered by many to be an eventual starter at LT, I'd rather see him getting those snaps at what may be his strongest position. And did Jackson ever grade as high as Brewer did at RG ? Nsekhe should remain as our best current swing OT. jmo.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I wish I knew the inside scoop on skura.

I do have to admit I underestimated Brewer.
He was not the biggest problem on the offensive line.

Where's all the love for Evans?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I wish I knew the inside scoop on skura.

I do have to admit I underestimated Brewer.
He was not the biggest problem on the offensive line.

Where's all the love for Evans?

I believe Skura jumped Kolone as our first reserve Center, Kolone was pushed back to the Practice Squad.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Which is actually incredibly rare and one of the reasons I've been so high on Jackson.

That is some SERIOUS versatility.
It's remarkable to hit on a LT through UDFA yeah. Windfall really, the kind of thing that can expedite a quick rebuild because LT is such a huge piece of the championship puzzle.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I believe Skura jumped Kolone as our first reserve Center, Kolone was pushed back to the Practice Squad.
Meaning I'm surprised he's not starting.
If I were McVay, I would be starting as many veterans as possible, even oday abushi.

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Skura isn't an upgrade to anyone. He's struggled on every team he's been on.