90’s cars classics?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I saw this article listing cars from the 90’s as classics. See below.

Are they really classics? For me it’s not an age thing. While these cars meet the historical classification, their isn’t much to define them as classic. Again, just my opinion.

But what would define them? Plastic parts? Performance alterations to meet emissions?

It’s also a feel thing. 90’s cars do nothing for me, 20 years later.

In the 90’s... 60’s/70’s (20yrs later) those cars were distinctive. They gave you a feel still. The range of design, almost art.

Do 90’s cars give you that classic feel?

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
MPO...nope. When I think 90s car generally blah comes to mind. There are likely a few that one could argue, nothing compared to the 60s & 70s IMO

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Maybe the IROC Z's (some of them) and the late 90's Trans Ams (since they don't make them anymore)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Though the 90s autos saw improvements over the 80' vehicles, it was too little, too late.
Foreign auto makers had taken the lead over Amercan built cars.

I find it difficult, to consider either of those decades cars "classics"

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't be better than my sweet '77 'Stang!
1599846573780.png

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Classics imo are early (1974ish) 70s and older, there are a couple 80s cars, but not many (Buick Grand National, Vette Killer, I'm looking at you). All else just isn't the same, but I'm an old fart now, so put that in the equation too!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Classics imo are early (1974ish) 70s and older, there are a couple 80s cars, but not many (Buick Grand National, Vette Killer, I'm looking at you). All else just isn't the same, but I'm an old fart now, so put that in the equation too!
You age-ist bastid! ~ 77 Stang

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Not a car on that list I would want. I would take them for free and sell them and buy a nice truck. Hell, the trucks on the list are cars with beds. Two wheel drive trucks are worthless when you live in places like I do. And i would want no part of those cars.

And nothing in the 90's should be considered a classic. Even most 80's vehicles sucked. 40's-70s for me are the most desirable.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Maybe the IROC Z's (some of them) and the late 90's Trans Ams (since they don't make them anymore)
Those are pretty cool cars. But I don't know about classic. I was a fan of those Trans Ams. Still am, was actually just thinking the other day. The shaker hood that some of them came with...nice. but those tail lights....yuck.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Always thought the Dodge Viper and Plymouth Prowlers were pretty cool

Plymouth_Prowler-US-car-sales-statistics.jpg

1992-dodge-viper-rt-10-2.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Those are pretty cool cars. But I don't know about classic. I was a fan of those Trans Ams. Still am, was actually just thinking the other day. The shaker hood that some of them came with...nice. but those tail lights....yuck.
Yeah, I had a 2001 WS6 convertible. Looked just like this one.

Screenshot_7.jpg

I loved it. I pinned the speedometer at 150 on the turnpike in Florida at 3:00 in the morning one time, and it felt like I was floating. I sold it because the insurance was getting crazy, and I had to pay for a wedding. Hardest thing I had to do. I had the worst seller's remorse. But, yeah, I didn't care for the giant tail lights or the interior controls. The grey plastic knobs and goofy looking stereo always bothered me a little. Now, if you wanna see something off the charts awesome, look at what one company is putting out next year.

2021-Pontiac-Trans-Am-review-725x408.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had to look that up... last Trans Am... 2002.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Yeah, I had a 2001 WS6 convertible. Looked just like this one.

View attachment 38909

I loved it. I pinned the speedometer at 150 on the turnpike in Florida at 3:00 in the morning one time, and it felt like I was floating. I sold it because the insurance was getting crazy, and I had to pay for a wedding. Hardest thing I had to do. I had the worst seller's remorse. But, yeah, I didn't care for the giant tail lights or the interior controls. The grey plastic knobs and goofy looking stereo always bothered me a little. Now, if you wanna see something off the charts awesome, look at what one company is putting out next year.

View attachment 38910

Yes! I've been watching Trans Am builds out of Cameros for years. They are fuckin sweet!

211111.jpg

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Wait, is that an actual Pontiac? Are they bringing it back? I thought Pontiac was defunct now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wait, is that an actual Pontiac? Are they bringing it back? I thought Pontiac was defunct now.
No, they're still using the Camaro SS as the starting point. The cabin isn't getting changed much.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
No, they're still using the Camaro SS as the starting point. The cabin isn't getting changed much.
Okay..makes more sense now. Lol I wonder what engine they are gonna put in there...