8to12 Free Agency: The Season of our discontent Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
After 3 weeks of the Free Agency period, it is fair to say most of us are feeling a bit anxious that the Rams have yet to add any O-lineman that are a perceived "improvement" to the roster. However, there is still much time between now and the start of Training Camp. The time period will determine the value of some of the players that have been discussed and contracts will get done over the next couple of weeks. There will also be some players available after the June 1st Cuts.

Free Agents:

Lost: Joe Barksdale

Signings:

OT Ryan Harris (Chiefs)
C/G Brian DE La Puente (Bears)

Note: both players are age 30 and not over the hill yet. We get them late in the FA period both for a combined 4.5-Mil Cap number for this upcoming season.

Trade:

Rams trade pick First round pick#10
Texans trade pick First round #16, Second round #47, and Fifth round # 144

Draft:

Round #1 pick #16 - La'el Collins OT/G LSU
L Collins.jpg

Collins, IMO, will be the OT/G swing player the Rams missed out on last year in Zack Martin. He will compete for the open Guard spot.

Round #2 pick #41 - Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest
k Johnson.jpg

This pick gives the Rams a solid stable of CB's. J. Jenkins and T. Johnson have varying traits ; one is shorter with aggressive man coverage skills, the other has more height but was exposed in man coverage last year. Johnson has the height (6'1") and the aggressive coverage skills similar to Jenkins.

Round #2 pick #47 (from Texans) - Dorial Green-Beckham WR Mizzou
green-beckham.jpg

Green-Beckham's addition will give Foles a trio of large WR targets. This would be in addition to Cook. This should a match-up nightmare for our NFC West opponents.

Round #3 pick #72 - Donovan Smith OT Penn State
D Smith.jpg

As far as Tackles go, I'm not sure any player impressed me more than Smith at the Senior Bowl practices. IMO, he has the skills and experience to line up at ROT on opening day. However, he will compete with Ryan Harris.

Round #4 pick #118 - Jeff Luc MLB Cincinnati
LUC.jpg

A depth pick here. Luc can fill in for Laurinitas if he goes down. He is a stout MLB'er at approx 255 lbs. On tape, he hardly ever gets caught up on a block ; he sheds them very quickly on his way to the ball carrier.

Round #5 pick #144 (from Texans) - Sean Mannion QB Oregon St.
Mannion.jpg

IMO, Mannion is a Pre-style passer who will need less time to develop than some of the other QB's in the draft. I like his size and level of competition he faced the past couple of seasons. The Pac-12 ended up with 6 of their 12 teams in the top 25.

Round #6 Compensatory pick - Max Garcia C/OG Florida
Garcia.jpg

Garcia brings a good combination of size and skill to the Center position. He only played one season at Center, and before that he played LOT. He could play either Center or Guard.

Round #7 pick (32nd of round - from Patriots) - Justin Cox FS / CB Mississippi St
J Cox.jpg

As I wrote the other day, Cox had an arrest in November and was removed from the team. However, he tested well at the combine and is now appearing on some other Mocks. I like his speed, anticipation, and ball skills. I like his range for playing center field.

Attachments

• M Garcia.jpg
    M Garcia.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 166

Stel

Starter
Free Agents:

Lost: Joe Barksdale

Signings:

OT Ryan Harris (Chiefs)
C/G Brian DE La Puente (Bears)

Note: both players are age 30 and not over the hill yet. We get them late in the FA period both for a combined 4.5-Mil Cap number for this upcoming season.

Trade:

Rams trade pick First round pick#10
Texans trade pick First round #16, Second round #47, and Fifth round # 144

Draft:

Round #1 pick #16 - La'el Collins OT/G LSU

Round #2 pick #41 - Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest

Round #2 pick #47 (from Texans) - Dorial Green-Beckham WR Mizzou

Round #3 pick #72 - Donovan Smith OT Penn State

Round #4 pick #118 - Jeff Luc MLB Cincinnati

Round #5 pick #144 (from Texans) - Sean Mannion QB Oregon St.

Round #6 Compensatory pick - Max Garcia C/OG Florida

Round #7 pick (32nd of round - from Patriots) - Justin Cox FS / CB Mississippi St

1. I prefer Ereck Flowers to Collins at #16.
2A. Not sure Johnson will be there at #41 and there are some CBs I prefer to him, but wouldn't object to a CB at this spot.
2B. I'd take LB Stephone Anthony. Not a fan of taking DGB, but with your trade we could afford one problem child in the draft (I'd rather take a chance on CB Peters, though).
3. I'd take OC Gallik
4. I'd take DB Nick Marshall. Think he'll be an immediate special teams star and could eventually be a solid FS.
5. Good pick.
6. Good pick.
7. I'd take TE C.J. Uzomah.