72 days until football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Slick use of #72 there. I always viewed CL as #91 with us... but interesting Long wore 4 different numbers in his career.

72, 91, 95, 56

Rams, Rams, Pats, Eagles

Team: “what number would you like”?

Long: “just give me a jersey”.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
One of the finest Left Guards to play for the Los Angeles Rams, from Georgia Tech Univeristy...Kent Hill.

1593603090391.png

And one heck of a Defensive Tackle, big Diron Talbert.
1593603045781.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
One of the finest Left Guards to play for the Los Angeles Rams, from Georgia Tech Univeristy...Kent Hill.

View attachment 37130

And one heck of a Defensive Tackle, big Diron Talbert.
View attachment 37129
Was thinking Hill also. Went to six Pro Bowls in eight years; and was part of the Jim Everett deal.

Talbert was a quality player but mostly in Washington. George Allen took him and several other vets with him in 1971. Jack Pardee, Richie Pettibon and Myron Pottios, if I recall.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Talbert was a quality player but mostly in Washington. George Allen took him and several other vets with him in 1971. Jack Pardee, Richie Pettibon and Myron Pottios, if I recall.

They all did go with Allen, sad part Allen's replacement Tommy Prothro, who was Head Coach and GM under Dan Reeves, laid a great foundation with some of his trades & draft choices like Isiah Robertson, Jack Youngblood, Dave Elemendor, Jim Bertelsen, Lawrence McCutheon & Larry Brooks just to post a few.

Chuck Knox reaped the benefits of those drafts, however, the reason Prothro got the San Diego job in 1974 was mostly due to his drafting, although in his two years with the Rams, he was 14-12-2, but Carroll Rosenbloom wanted his own guy in Chuck Knox, who ended up being an excellent hire.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
They all did go with Allen, sad part Allen's replacement Tommy Prothro, who was Head Coach and GM under Dan Reeves, laid a great foundation with some of his trades & draft choices like Isiah Robertson, Jack Youngblood, Dave Elemendor, Jim Bertelsen, Lawrence McCutheon & Larry Brooks just to post a few.

Chuck Knox reaped the benefits of those drafts,

Prothro knew talent. You hit on the draft choices. He also made the trade for Fred Dryer.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Rainy day here in NYC, so I researched the 1971 Draft. All those veteran Rams (including Maxie Baughn) were part of a single trade with Allen’s Redskins.

Isaiah Robertson and Dave Elmendorf were selected with two of the draft choices the Rams got back.