710Am is the worst

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
These guys are supposed to be the "flagship station" for our LA Rams. Yet, they can't seem to ever get off basketball and baseball. They occasionally talk rams but it's always in passing. Even when they interviewed Van Jefferson they talked about it for a couple minutes and went on to something else.

I don't get it, how do the Rams who are paying for mass marketing put up with the garbage on this station? I miss Stl Sports talk, they would be breaking down this draft from top to bottom and giving us an inside look on who could possibility break the roster etc.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Commercial over the air radio is done unless you are lucky enough to catch some young talent that isn't over produced.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Commercial over the air radio is done unless you are lucky enough to catch some young talent that isn't over produced.

I just want some good old fashioned sports talk about football. That's not too much to ask is it?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry Jacob, they are never going to change, I raged about this the first two years in LA. I tweeted the station, etc....Kroenke should buy a radio station with the change in his pocket, who dedicates a significant portion of sports talk about the Rams....I haven't listen to 710 in more than a year.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I doubt the Rams are paying much, if anything, to ESPN for coverage, which is probably why they pivot to basketball a lot, because the Lakers do pay them.

I never found any good radio stations in LA for Rams talk to be honest, early before they moved there was Fred Roggin who was the best bet for Rams news, but he was mostly covering relocation at that point, and the station got bought out by some big communications company and they shut down the sports aspect basically right after the Rams moved, so you never really good that good coverage you were looking for. ESPN LA was meh, during the season Mason and Ireland were usually pretty solid bets since Mason is a season ticket holder, but Ireland is the play-by-play of the Lakers so you'll still get plenty of that. Dodgers have of course earned their time as well.

Radio in LA in general is all fucked because huge companies have been buying up all the stations and changing things around. That's why Ralph Garmon was fired from The Kevin and Bean show, and why Bean ended up leaving (they were unhappy with Ralph being blindsided like that).. So what did the company do? Axe the entire show via e-mail one morning... And just like that an iconic LA show for the past 30 years was gone.

Your best bet is probably sat radio now or podcasts. I've moved to more podcasts.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is on the Rams' leadership tbh. They should require the fucking flagship station for their team actually covers their team. This isn't rocket science.

I'd pressure them and replace them with a more little-known station to accomplish that if I needed to. Then advertise the fuck out of it to help line up more listeners.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That really is a shame, and a lost opportunity to promote the local team to the local fanbase. Not everyone has ditched radio waves for podcasts. If the local Dodgers fan who listens to 710 twice a day five days a week during his commute was given a consistent dose of Rams talk/news he would likely take more interest and ownership of the local football team.

I have to say that here in Phoenix the flagship station covers the big three equally(Cards, Suns, Dbacks) with lesser coverage to the NHL Coyotes. It's also an FM station with the usual locally hosted shows(morning, mid-day, afternoon). 24/7 sports that broadcasts ESPN radio during non-peak hours. It's a quality station.

The fact that the Rams aren't getting consistent quality coverage in LA is disturbing and perplexing. Dumb, actually.

Rams77

Starter
Yeah I gave up with AM radio Rams coverage in LA. 710 is the best out of the bad bunch and thats not saying a lot. I listen for a few minutes here and there and usually get pissed at their lack of knowledge or indifference towards the Rams and the NFL in general. This morning Keyshawn was asking Mel Kiper Jr. about the draft and they spent only 45 seconds on the Rams. MeShawn called Van Jefferson -Vance Jefferson. They didn't even speak about the Rams draft picks besides Akers and Jefferson. They spent more time talking about the Raiders. Stick to podcasts -11 Personnel is a good one on the Athletic