7 Reasons To Trade Bradford and Grab RG3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
First of all, scouts have compared Andrew Luck to Bradford. Their games and skill sets are very similar. Only big difference I see is the offensive system they're coming from. So we would be trading a guy that compares very well to the only player that will be taken ahead of RGIII.

Look at Bradfords weapons.... He doesnt have any. Luck had more weapons and a better Oline in college than Bradford has in the pros. Give Sam some time and outlets and you will see a stud QB.

Also Bradford wouldnt get us more in a trade. His contract is too big. That one of the reasons our pick this year is so valuable.

steferfootball

Starter
It doesn't matter who we have as QB moving forward if we don't put pieces in place around him.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I love Bradford, but the prospect of getting RGIII gives me goosebumps :)

I'd be very tempted to make that deal if we could get someone to actually pay Bradford's (now inflated) salary.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Even tho his name is fun to say, RG3 didn't really make his name heard until the way Baylor beat Bradford's alma mater. If that one pass didn't get deflected and into another WR's hand that took it home, IDK if Baylor would've even beaten OU. Think about that, a freak pass that RG3 didn't even really complete pretty much beat OU, @ least mentally.

I'm not denying his talent, but I'd bet he'd be a late 1st rounder rather than a top 5 pick b/c of that one play.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I can see the fascination with RGIII, I really can. But this is nothing more than wanting the 2012 Camaro 2 years after you bought the 2010. "Oh, look! It's faster and newer!" Meh. We have absolutely no idea whether or not Griffin can be a good QB at this level, and it's WAY too early to give up on Bradford. I mean, seriously, if people can't see that he was put in a really shitty situation last year, then there's just no reaching those people. I've seen a lot of good QBs do really bad when things around them fell apart.

And I get that the salary will be much easier to digest over the course of the contract if the Rams took Griffin, but that's just not a luxury we can afford right now. Not when we can get upwards to 4 picks for one guy and build around Sam as was originally intended. Plus, getting Griffin right now (as Snead said) only gets you the QB and no weapons. Now we have the opportunity to GET the weapons for the QB. And Casserly is only speculating. I'd like to hear an owner or GM say that they'd fork over two 1st round draft picks for Bradford (and a player) like he said.

I do agree with him when he said this though: However, if I was making the decision, I'd stick with Bradford. I would go with the more known quantity, who already has two years experience and Pro Bowl potential.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I suppose part of the problem I have with a lot of the criticism of Bradford is this whole staring down the receiver thing. When given time he often scanned the field - I watched him do it. Unfortunately, in most cases, he knew he was going to have to throw to the first option and absolutely pin hole the ball in 2 seconds while a D-lineman was shoving his own lineman into his face.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy. Most people know I was in the Suh camp. But looking at what he dealt with last season was nothing short of disgusting. I also think a lion's share of the blame for that sits squarely in McD's lap. I still think we have some weapons and with better schemes and a couple more skill players, this offense could be pretty good. Players showed flashes but as a whole, our offense just plain sucked.

I guess I'm just not as sold on RG3 as the "professionals". Like you said, it will be interesting to follow and compare their careers.

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
I can see the fascination with RGIII, I really can. But this is nothing more than wanting the 2012 Camaro 2 years after you bought the 2010. "Oh, look! It's faster and newer!" Meh. We have absolutely no idea whether or not Griffin can be a good QB at this level, and it's WAY too early to give up on Bradford. I mean, seriously, if people can't see that he was put in a really cruddy situation last year, then there's just no reaching those people. I've seen a lot of good QBs do really bad when things around them fell apart.
Going along with the car theme, we've limited Bradford's RPMs to about 1,000.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
As for me, I'll stick w/ Bradford thru thick and thin. We've seen enough of the thin. It's time for the Thick!!
Get him some weapons and protection, NOW!!

GO RAMS!!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Me? I'm as big of a Bradford fan as anyone. He has that "it" quality that few quarterbacks show. I've never seen anyone throw as accurately as he has; I still have nightmares about him shredding the defense of my beloved Tigers when he was a freshman. He has underrated mobility and arm strength, and if you surround him with a good cast, he's going to find ways to win. I've hyped him up ever since his freshman year, but I never thought that the Rams would get him. He truly is a franchise quarterback that you can build around. I don't care about the opinion of any so-called "expert" who says that he isn't one; I never heard a peep out of them during his rookie year.

With that said, RG3 is not some flash-in-the-pan prospect who got hot at the right time. He also has that "it" factor. His arm strength, while not as big as Newton's or Vick's, is good enough to win, and his accuracy is much better than the two other quarterbacks I mentioned. He's athletic, but he's evolved into more of a passing quarterback who also has the potential to beat you with his legs. I'm serious when I say that he reminds me of Randall Cunningham. I literally can't compare him to anyone else.

I'm willing to bet that Griffin would have been a top five pick with or without this season. The only knock he has is durability; he had ACL surgery during his sophomore year - and after Bradford had his success after his shoulder surgery, I wouldn't knock him for that. I really do think that he and Luck are going to make the teams who draft them very happy.