6 Offensive Linemen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rainram

Starter
What are your thoughts?

Seattle’s offense employed it heavily half-way through the season.

The Colts use it quite a bit.

I know I’ve seen the Bucs use it and read about the Raiders as well. I want to say I saw the Bears do it, but I’m not certain.

Aside from the obvious perspectives of needing some bigger LBers, and some beef and depth on the defense (two things we lack), what are some of your guys thoughts?

I don’t think it works all game long. And the teams that use it probably use it between 10%-35% of the time (Seahawks being the most).

But if you catch a team just right...late in the game, close game or with a lead, and you can bully the hell out of a defense. It can be a nice little tool.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
If that's a thing, we could definitely pull it off. Noteboom seems like the perfect athletic type for that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't like it. Would rather have a good blocker at TE out there.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
The Bears scored with a tackle eligible play that was quite embarrassing. I see needing C.J. in with Gurly to Help Sully who struggles against the Saints,Bears & Eagles nosemen. I'm all for moving Blythe to center & Noteboom to ORG to pick up free running Bear blitzers. Gurley should have blocked many times instead of free releasing when Goff had NO TIME to breathe with Bear rushers.

We've seen C.J. Anderson pick up A gap blitzers with success. No one knows the real health of Gurley yet. C. J. is just right for our zone blocking scheme and may even be harder to tackle the way he is built and runs and protects the ball. We need a couple trick plays to put the Bears on their heals as we got embarrassed by Bears playcalling. We couldn't even get a screen pass off. I think using Noteboom over our biggest TE Higbee would even be a great idea as we had no answer for the Bear rush and need to force the run down their throats. We must come out with a new attitude on offense ready to smack them in the face over & over.

If Suh continues to play like Barron does along with Joyner we can't win anyway. All three should be replaced with backups now. Brockers was hurt in Falcons playoff game last season and they just ran the ball & clock all second half. Brockers has had a very poor year playing undersized & out of position most of the time as he is not doubleteam worthy. You'd think A.D. would be a motivation to play with. Only Reggie FowlerJR. from the Jags & Florida has started to adjust & get better. We need ILB help so bad compared to the LB's playing on Cowboys,Bears rookie from Georgia & Wagner of course.The LSU ILB may be available for us in the draft. Hope he is big enough to match his sideline to sideline speed. If son of Bum continues his pourous defense that he may step down so we can improve our team & Coach Phillips will not use rookies and we have some players we've not seen in Obo .

Hoping Bears & Eagles have a slugfest & the team traveling to L.A. in Bears or Hags will be beat up as we NEED to show L.A. we can win a playoff game under McVay. I think we will need to cause turnovers to win in playoffs & score off of them like in Niners & Chiefs game. A.D. will need to continue to cause havoc & not be game planned against. We must become a much more run based offense to be a playoff contender. I think C.J. Anderson will be our leader in the same zone scheme to keep teams honest. Our #6 OL must play to its maximum and Sully can't be the weakest link getting pushed back into Goff as lesser teams have even done. We must be ready to move on next year as his past pro has gone belly up. We better be prepared as the last bears game showed us how unprepared we were. Let's not get embarrassed please.

SierraRam

Recreational User

I agree - The TE’s have blocked well for us. We need to counter the good pass rushing D’s by quick passes to someone who can read blitzes and get open off the snap. Kupp was missed big time against Chicago and Philly

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Barron just played his best game vs the Whiners. Like his old self. Shed blocks, made tackles, rushed the passer (sack) and was very good dropping back into coverage. I think he's finally got to the point his nagging injuries aren't bothering him so much. Now if only Joyner can get back to his old self.

If the Rams get the Bears, I expect to see McVay utilize a 2 back set with 3wr. (23 formation not seen yet) Both rb's giving Goff time in the pocket. Cooks, Woods and Reynolds could have a field day.

You can bet on McVay showing plays and formations we've never seen before. He's not going to let the Bears use game film and repeat what earned them a loss in Chi-town.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Bears scored with a tackle eligible play that was quite embarrassing. I see needing C.J. in with Gurly to Help Sully who struggles against the Saints,Bears & Eagles nosemen. I'm all for moving Blythe to center & Noteboom to ORG to pick up free running Bear blitzers. Gurley should have blocked many times instead of free releasing when Goff had NO TIME to breathe with Bear rushers.

We've seen C.J. Anderson pick up A gap blitzers with success. No one knows the real health of Gurley yet. C. J. is just right for our zone blocking scheme and may even be harder to tackle the way he is built and runs and protects the ball. We need a couple trick plays to put the Bears on their heals as we got embarrassed by Bears playcalling. We couldn't even get a screen pass off. I think using Noteboom over our biggest TE Higbee would even be a great idea as we had no answer for the Bear rush and need to force the run down their throats. We must come out with a new attitude on offense ready to smack them in the face over & over.

If Suh continues to play like Barron does along with Joyner we can't win anyway. All three should be replaced with backups now. Brockers was hurt in Falcons playoff game last season and they just ran the ball & clock all second half. Brockers has had a very poor year playing undersized & out of position most of the time as he is not doubleteam worthy. You'd think A.D. would be a motivation to play with. Only Reggie FowlerJR. from the Jags & Florida has started to adjust & get better. We need ILB help so bad compared to the LB's playing on Cowboys,Bears rookie from Georgia & Wagner of course.The LSU ILB may be available for us in the draft. Hope he is big enough to match his sideline to sideline speed. If son of Bum continues his pourous defense that he may step down so we can improve our team & Coach Phillips will not use rookies and we have some players we've not seen in Obo .

Hoping Bears & Eagles have a slugfest & the team traveling to L.A. in Bears or Hags will be beat up as we NEED to show L.A. we can win a playoff game under McVay. I think we will need to cause turnovers to win in playoffs & score off of them like in Niners & Chiefs game. A.D. will need to continue to cause havoc & not be game planned against. We must become a much more run based offense to be a playoff contender. I think C.J. Anderson will be our leader in the same zone scheme to keep teams honest. Our #6 OL must play to its maximum and Sully can't be the weakest link getting pushed back into Goff as lesser teams have even done. We must be ready to move on next year as his past pro has gone belly up. We better be prepared as the last bears game showed us how unprepared we were. Let's not get embarrassed please.
Woah this was all over the place

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Woah this was all over the place
Yeah, this happens to me as well. I just posted earlier in this thread and before I edited it was about 40 lines. LOL. But sometimes I can't help myself. You got to get it off your chest. Nobody I know wants to hear me ramble about my rams and what they aught to do. So I use this forum. Go for it GabesHorn.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I understand that an UNknown TE Tyler Higbee has made great strides in this area however blessed with cement blocks for hands much of the time....might be a long-term answer here.:whistle:

A little mouse avatar clued me in on this before the season began.;)